Spare batteries for FC40?!?!
4046 5 2015-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simstok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6368 ft
United Kingdom

Im looking at buying a new spare battery for my FC40.With the original stock battery a can get 10 minutes flying, which aint too bad I guess.

I did purchase 2 Floureon 2200mAh 25c batteries which are terrible. About 5 mins each.
Some told me if I'm buying non dji batteries, you need to buy 40c?!?!?

Can anyone please help? Will I get better flight time with 40c batteries?
Or shall I just stick with the dji stocks?

Thanx in advance,

Simon
2015-3-27
Use props
nig_smith
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi Simstok

If using a 2200mAh battery 20C is plenty. The Phantom1 and FC40, if flying at DJI's recommended All Up Weight, don't pull over 30Amp (2200mAh X 20C = 48Amp).

I use Turnigy 2200mAh 20C batteries and I get nearly 11minutes on my Phantom1 with gimbal and camera. Like many I have modified my Phantom to take the Multistar 4000mAh 10C batteries and I get just over 17minutes on the same Phantom setup. Other changes I have made is to install the larger 9inch props and set my second level protection to 10.4Volt under load.

I'm not familiar with the Floureon batteries but like many other LiPo batteries their capability may improve after a few charge/discharge cycles.

A higher C Rated battery will have a lower voltage sag under high loads but will not significantly increase your flight times, only a higher capacity battery will do this hence the reason I made the modification to take the slightly larger 4000mAh 10C battery.

Regards

Nidge
2015-3-28
Use props
simstok
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6368 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply
2015-3-28
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got a couple of Overlander batteries. These are 2200mah 30C which are ok. Recently received a Black Magic battery which I've been very impressed with. This is 2700mah and again I think it's 30c rated. I get a good 13 minutes from this battery. I've also got another Black Magic battery 3000mah on order and this is the same size as the stock battery so no modification needed. I'm hoping this will help me acheive a flight time of 16-19 minutes time. The best place for Black Magic batteries I've found so far is BangGood.
2015-3-29
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also it's worth getting some DJI Thrust upgrade props if you haven't done so already. Flight time was a little better but they helped with control especially in mild wind conditions.
2015-3-29
Use props
DivenParker
lvl.4

China

I use a 2200mAh 3s lipo battery 25c, and all work well.
2016-11-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules