P4A -- Firmware Updated
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 655932 ft
United States

Just updated the firmware on my Phantom 4 Advanced to the latest.   New copter, never flown.   Feel its a good time to start off with the latest.  I know about the bad press some have had, but will give it a try.

Updated the AC, RC, and three batteries using DJI YouTube tutorial from May 2017 and DJI Go4 app.   All went well as outlined in tutorial.

My latest numbers show:

App - V 4.1.5
Aircraft - V 01.00.0128
Remote Controller - V 02.01.01.00
Flight Database - V 01.00.01.04
App Database - V 01.00.01.04

Does this look about right?
2017-8-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That looks pretty good from here.

Just remember to test in wide open space, just a bit at a time.

Here's a good page to bookmark http://www.dji.com/phantom-4-adv/info#downloads
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It looks right! Take care when you test the performance. Please feel free to contact us if there is any questions.
2017-8-11
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

First flights - WOW!  I'm hooked!   Bit of a wind today; 12 G 17+ 90degrees.   Had the propeller guards on, and am assuming they caught a little wind.   All in all, very stable flight.   All sensors were On and functioning.   Messages on RC were relevant to my flight.   Had a wind warning once.   I'm very pleased with the stability at this point.   I was in Beginner mode, so no high stuff.  
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2017-8-13 10:36
First flights - WOW!  I'm hooked!   Bit of a wind today; 12 G 17+ 90degrees.   Had the propeller guards on, and am assuming they caught a little wind.   All in all, very stable flight.   All sensors were On and functioning.   Messages on RC were relevant to my flight.   Had a wind warning once.   I'm very pleased with the stability at this point.   I was in Beginner mode, so no high stuff.

That's good news, also a good idea to run through all the RTH scenarios in an open area, lets you know what to expect should anything go wrong.
2017-8-13
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 10:59
That's good news, also a good idea to run through all the RTH scenarios in an open area, lets you know what to expect should anything go wrong.

Gotcha!  Thanks!
2017-8-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-11 13:18
That looks pretty good from here.

Just remember to test in wide open space, just a bit at a time.
Is there a single source document or place that lists all current version numbers for all the devices and applications?  If so can you point us to it, I have looked but I can’t seem to find one and for a neophyte like me it is harder than heck to figure it out just scanning through the forum and website.

Additionally, exactly what version(s) are causing all the current mayhem?  Is this a regional problem or world wide, it seems some are not getting the same type of problems as others in other regions, not sure how to sort that one out.

What is the current feeling/determination or acceptable solution for version numbers that are compatible and work with the other devices that avoids the problem version, if any?  I’ve heard a lot about rolling back, but without a clear reference point, it is meaningless to someone like myself.  

Sorry for all the noob type questions, but A) I am a noob and B) my drone, I hope, will finally be arriving soon; I’m very concerned about the update process and which versions will work and which ones will not.  Obviously, I have no interest in getting my new craft only to have it bricked on day one.  

Any additional information you think appropriate and significant will be welcome.
Thank you
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-13 11:06
Is there a single source document or place that lists all current version numbers for all the devices and applications?  If so can you point us to it, I have looked but I can’t seem to find one and for a neophyte like me it is harder than heck to figure it out just scanning through the forum and website.

Additionally, exactly what version(s) are causing all the current mayhem?  Is this a regional problem or world wide, it seems some are not getting the same type of problems as others in other regions, not sure how to sort that one out.

The most comprehensive list would be the P4 Release notes on This page, they list all the releases to date.

There are problems, or not everything works right 1st time with almost all the builds. I don't know the figures, but in the past 20 Months I've read more negatives on the most recent build than any before. It depends what you want and how quickly. If your willing to take a chance you could do latest updates, there are third party methods to roll back if really stuck. But there have also been a good number of successful updates. It's just that nobody complains when something works, or at least they perceive it as working.
For me personally it has been worthwhile, I have a nice level camera horizon and I don't see the stability problems some are reporting. The off level horizon is something that has plagued the Phantoms. I have seen video recording errors (stopping and gimbal reset), but this is random and only seems to affect 4k @ 30fps recording. I did a test flight yesterday for first time with latest DJI Go 4 (V4.1.5) and recorded a full 15 minute video 4k@30pfs without problem. It'll need a lot more airtime yet before I could say all was 100%. So I keep an open mind on it at the moment.

It seems likely that DJI will come out with another firmware release in the not too distant future, days/weeks, I don't know. If you are getting a new device, I would hang fire for a few weeks and see how things work out. Unless you really want the newer features (see release notes) and are willing to take a chance that all may not be 100% until the next build
2017-8-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Genghis9, I like your attitude!
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-13 11:06

I've just realised I may have gone off on a tangent, I was referring to the P4, if your getting the P4P or P4A then same reply, only I've seen significantly less bad reports on them :-)

Edit: P4A release notes Here

Edit2:- P4P release notes Here

2017-8-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 11:31
The most comprehensive list would be the P4 Release notes on This page, they list all the releases to date.

There are problems, or not everything works right 1st time with almost all the builds. I don't know the figures, but in the past 20 Months I've read more negatives on the most recent build than any before. It depends what you want and how quickly. If your willing to take a chance you could do latest updates, there are third party methods to roll back if really stuck. But there have also been a good number of successful updates. It's just that nobody complains when something works, or at least they perceive it as working.

Thank you

Phantom 4 Pro (firmware) – v1.04.0602
Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery (firmware) – v?
P4P Remote Controller – v1.4.1.0  
Goggles (firmware) – v?
App - v4.1.5
App Database - v01.00.01.04 (what is the source?)
Flight Database - v01.00.01.04 (what is the source?)(Is this associated with the App?)  
DJI Assistant 2 – v1.1.2-2 (Goggles page lists it as v1.1.1)

Sorry, still need more clarity and detail.  I should have specified my drone is the P4P (without the plus).  So, after breaking the code, sorta, and based on your response, the release notes for the P4P do not seem to list all the info I am looking for.  I’m not even sure I’ve captured all the items that can and should be updated; I would never have guessed the batteries required updates if not for reading it here on the forum.  It is difficult to wrap you head around all of this and not get a headache.

I apologize, and realize you do not have all the answers, so I am hoping that someone here might.  
2017-8-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 12:52
I've just realised I may have gone off on a tangent, I was referring to the P4, if your getting the P4P or P4A then same reply, only I've seen significantly less bad reports on them :-)

Edit: P4A release notes Here

Ooops...did not see this post, but as you can see I think I figured it out, but it was my fault for not being specific.
Thanks
2017-8-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-13 11:41
Genghis9, I like your attitude!

Thanks I think
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-13 12:56
Thank you
Phantom 4 Pro (firmware) – v1.04.0602Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery (firmware) – v?
P4P Remote Controller – v1.4.1.0  Goggles (firmware) – v?

Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery (firmware) – v? No idea it''s part and parcel of aircraft firmware update

Goggles (firmware) – v? Goggles firmware checked and updated via Assistant 2, there was one update.
App - v4.1.5
App Database - v01.00.01.04 (what is the source?) Source is DJI when you login and it does 'version checks'
Flight Database - v01.00.01.04 (what is the source?)(Is this associated with the App?) Source is DJI when you login and it does 'version checks'

DJI Assistant 2 – v1.1.2-2 (Goggles page lists it as v1.1.1)    DJI Assistant 2 – v1.1.2-2 is correct
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Worn out now, time for a coffee :-)
2017-8-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 13:06
Worn out now, time for a coffee :-)

Thanks!
I'll catch ya after the break
2017-8-13
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-13 13:04
Phantom 4 Series Intelligent Flight Battery (firmware) – v? No idea it''s part and parcel of aircraft firmware update
Aardvark,  
Thanks for your work here, much appreciated.  Hope your coffee was good and hot…

I have a few follow up questions for you or anyone with answers.  

Reference these two items:
App Database - v01.00.01.04 (what is the source?) Source is DJI when you login and it does 'version checks'  I am going to assume for this one that it refers to using the DJI Go4 App, correct?  If so, where does one find or see this database and determine its version status?  

Flight Database - v01.00.01.04 (what is the source?)(Is this associated with the App?) Source is DJI when you login and it does 'version checks'
Not clear to me about where or what this database is linked to, can you clarify.  Also, same question as above, where does one find or see this database and determine its version status?  

Thank you
2017-8-13
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-13 18:36
Aardvark,  Thanks for your work here, much appreciated.  Hope your coffee was good and hot…
I have a few follow up questions for you or anyone with answers.  

Have a look in 'About' which is at the bottom of the 'General Settings' menu, when all is powered up and connected it lists the current builds for all mentioned above (Apart from Battery).

You can dig further if you wish, and hunt down the text file that is generated after each aircraft firmware update (saved on aircraft SD card as a hidden file), this contains information on each of the hardware modules updated (or not).
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Rvrrat14 Posted at 2017-8-13 10:36

Glad to hear that, happy flying, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2017-8-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just bought the p4 advance about a week ago and have not done any updates. The p4A works great. I also bought a set of nd filters, after trying them i would reccomend them, good luck with yours.....
2017-8-16
Use props
Rvrrat14
lvl.4
United States

Have made several flights (19) by now with my new P4A and the latest FW.  Winds finally settled a bit this morning and man was the P4A stable!

Practiced Figure 8s, Bank/Turns, RTH tests, Point of Interest, Track fly, Course Lock, Waypoints, and Draw.  All without a glitch.  Adjusted camera settings per user recommendations and shot some vids/pix.  They look good.  

Very impressed with this aircraft!  Still learning........
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules