Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cambodian rice farmers attacked my poor drone
1535 21 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6560b846
New
China

WARNING! do not fly your drone over Cambodian rice fields as a very primitive scud missile system has been set up to take them down permanently.
The footage was taken from my phone image cache as the SD card was corrupted after the fatality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5mgXUwWQI8

2017-8-11
Use props
Saskebaby
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1017989 ft
Philippines

Poor Drone....tsk....tsk....
2017-8-11
Use props
Oeromilk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 60554 ft
United States

They were legitimately scared for their lives. Wonder what has happened to them in the past with drones.
2017-8-11
Use props
GrangerFX
First Officer
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Your richly deserved reward.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I must say that selecting a good flying environment should be the first thing to consider.
2017-8-12
Use props
Lectro88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 286411 ft

United States

Confiscated drone for sell on ebay, No remote.
Soft crash in rice field   {:4_142:}
2017-8-12
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Can you,Fan656 explain that farmers what´s your intention and what a camera copter it is. and very important is,do not fly too close by humans and animals. The Phantom models are no toys.
2017-8-12
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

That looked like a scene from Apocalypse Now
2017-8-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Might go a little higher.  Looks like some have very good arms and accuracy.
2017-8-12
Use props
Dronr76
United States

They thought it was an alien ship..  
2017-8-12
Use props
Dronr76
United States

I am sorry about your drone.  Some people just don't understand what drones are yet.
2017-8-12
Use props
Neon Euc
Banned
Flight distance : 1018110 ft
United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-8-12
Use props
Landbo
First Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Yes, of course, they do when there is a zero brain pilot flying so close to the people. It's okay you lost your bird, hope it was really really expensive.

Regards Leif.
2017-8-12
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Sadly unfortunate and most likely avoidable…Cambodian SAMs have proven notorious in the past…thanks for the words of caution…and for your sense of humor!

For those filled with such hate & discontent, it is unbelievable and unnecessary…this person at most has lost their drone and at the least has it damaged.  I’d think that is punishment enough.  Kicking a person while they are down is never good form.  You wish to make a point about someone’s technique do it in a constructive way, belittling says more about you than the person you are attacking.
Yes, I suspect in good humor, they shared this unfortunate experience, possibly to show everyone what not to do or maybe just to share the experience, who cares.  Either way, everyone with blood in their eye against this fellow drone operator should consider this, but there by the grace of God go I or that you are not so perfect that you have or will never make a mistake.  Give the damn body slamming crap a rest!

2017-8-12
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-8-12 02:15
That looked like a scene from Apocalypse Now

They had it in the time 50 years to 30 years ago for a long time. And they did not forget over generations.
2017-8-13
Use props
fans6560b846
New
Cambodia

Landbo Posted at 2017-8-12 08:31
Yes, of course, they do when there is a zero brain pilot flying so close to the people. It's okay you lost your bird, hope it was really really expensive.

Regards Leif.

tit, if you must know I was a Km away flying over rice fields to get a certain shot, wasn't looking for people to fly close too. I bet you capture some amazing footage flying way above in the clouds eh?
2017-8-13
Use props
fans6560b846
New
Cambodia

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-12 09:11
Sadly unfortunate and most likely avoidable…Cambodian SAMs have proven notorious in the past…thanks for the words of caution…and for your sense of humor!

cheers, yes I lost the drone but I'm not too fussed, I have had plenty of mishaps, some people don't understand film making, I was actually filming the the rice after it's replanting  I actually spent a whole morning with the very same farmers filming with my GH5 and had an amazing time, they loved seeing the footage from my phone of the take down so if anything I brought a bit of cheer to their day.
2017-8-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Peterx Posted at 2017-8-13 03:21
They had it in the time 50 years to 30 years ago for a long time. And they did not forget over generations.

This might be an explanation:

2017-8-13
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

fans6560b846 Posted at 2017-8-13 16:18
cheers, yes I lost the drone but I'm not too fussed, I have had plenty of mishaps, some people don't understand film making, I was actually filming the the rice after it's replanting  I actually spent a whole morning with the very same farmers filming with my GH5 and had an amazing time, they loved seeing the footage from my phone of the take down so if anything I brought a bit of cheer to their day.

Well...I'm impressed with your resilience and determination, although somewhat perplexed about your cavalier approach to losing your craft, all I can say to that is it must be nice.  I would be fairly upset about it, even if it were my fault.
  ...next time be more careful and safe and mind those SAMs…jink when you are thinking of jiving
  Take care & enjoy!

2017-8-13
Use props
blackcrusader
First Officer
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

fans6560b846 Posted at 2017-8-13 16:16
tit, if you must know I was a Km away flying over rice fields to get a certain shot, wasn't looking for people to fly close too. I bet you capture some amazing footage flying way above in the clouds eh?

Why would anybody fly way above the clouds?
2017-8-13
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Those people were exposed to some of the cruelest treatment since the Nazis genocide in WW2. Aka the Khmer Rouge. They are bound to be fearful of and suspicious of unknown aircraft .
2017-8-13
Use props
Peterx
Captain
Germany

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-8-13 17:10
This might be an explanation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03dUWx_Fcx4

Exactly so is it. Because of that,fans656 must explain his intentions of that flight. If that farmers see that "bird" with a cam only then they react not so hostile against the quad copter. Communication is the first part of setting up a flight route over them.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules