my spark fell from the sky, i sent it in, and they want me to pay?
1699 12 2017-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kabekid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128002 ft
United States

So, my spark fell from the sky while hovering. Just lost power. plummeted to the ground.
I sent it in, i also sent the black box and flight data i had and told them what happened.
tonight i just got an email from them saying:

Dear customer, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to replace your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh, click "Pay". After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send a replacement aircraft to you. If you want to repair the aircraft, the cost of repair will be $218.00, according to DJI's damage assessment. Please contact DJI Support and get your repair quotation.

So, no communication why it happened, no we're sorry we will send you a replacement under warranty. Just pay to replace it or pay to repair it.
What kind of service is this when the drone crashed due to no fault of my own. It lost power roughly 2 minutes into flight and fell from the sky.

here is the repair case number:  CAS-857735-Q2M5T7
here is the support case number: CAS-857495-R3Y7K1

i appreciate that they looked at it fairly quick, that was thoughtful of them, but don't understand why i have to pay to replace the drone or repair it when it should be covered under warranty.
is this normal for support?

i was fairly dissapointed when the Spark fell from the sky, now i'm getting very dissapointed that i did everything i was supposed to now DJI just wants me to pay even more for a drone that i already paid for with the expectation it might work on a normal basis.

2017-8-11
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

unfortunately, DJi has started to go down the crapper...   i believe you that your spark fell to its death, i wouldnt even care to see your logs..  sparks are almost known as the Dji drone that falls from the sky..

dji are known for making people pay if their logs are incomplete, which..they will be if the power was cut or it fell to its death before the app logged the event and changes..   nd 50/50 chance the Dji will actually repair or replace unit free of charge by sending it in..

this is exactly why i have insurance via statefarm on my drone... i plan on bypassing Dji entirely...
2017-8-11
Use props
kabekid
lvl.1
United States

i have state farm on it and my mavic, but didn't want to file a claim...YET...

I'd rather DJI did their part and step up to the plate. hopefully others considering buying a spark will read this post and maybe think about it before they give their money to dji.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6407 ft
Mexico

I have the same problem, my spark was flying when fell from sky 100m high, i sent the spark to DJI, I don´t  know what will be the response of DJI to my problem, just send my Spark yesterday. But reading all these cases I can guess that it will be the same answer that you have just been given, since you are not the only one who have been given this answer ... This really is a shame and for us the unfortunate is something sad, Oblige to pay for an error of them.
2017-8-11
Use props
kabekid
lvl.1
United States

at least i guess as a plus i was able to send mine in, the ones that were lost in water just get a coupon for a discount. i should be happy, right?

and they don't work weekends. how convenient.
2017-8-11
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

at least you can get a replacement through refresh. better than paying the $200.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-11 19:39
at least you can get a replacement through refresh. better than paying the $200.

I understand that Care Refresh costs the same or even more than reparation. The change is not free.
2017-8-11
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

HoracioChavez Posted at 2017-8-11 19:44
I understand that Care Refresh costs the same or even more than reparation. The change is not free.

oh, thought it was a free replacement if you had dji care refresh. i bought it and thats what the refresh agreement says anyway.
2017-8-11
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-11 19:46
oh, thought it was a free replacement if you had dji care refresh. i bought it and thats what the refresh agreement says anyway.

it should be free or min deductible..  it covers almost anything as long as the spark as a whole can be returned...
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry for the confusion first. I have checked the case status, as the drone has been found, our colleagues advised you to create a repair case and sent it in. However, in the repair case, the data analysis was not ticked by your end, so it was considered as paid repair by default.  

Now, I have forwarded your request to the designated department for analysis, and our colleagues will contact you soon.
2017-8-11
Use props
HoracioChavez
lvl.1
Mexico

Sea cual sea la situación, esta chispa que cae del cielo es demasiado preocupante .. ... Tengo mucho miedo de que la respuesta que acaba de recibir, es lo mismo ellos me dan.

2017-8-11
Use props
kabekid
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-11 20:10
Sorry for the confusion first. I have checked the case status, as the drone has been found, so our colleagues advised you to create a repair case and sent it in. However, in the repair case, the data analysis was not ticked by your end, so it was considered as paid repair by default.  

Now, I have forwarded your request to the designated department for analysis, and our colleagues will contact you soon.

thanks for the reply.
i'll patiently wait to hear back.
its been raining every day here so it's not like i'm missing good weather to fly in.
2017-8-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

kabekid Posted at 2017-8-11 20:16
thanks for the reply.
i'll patiently wait to hear back.
its been raining every day here so it's not like i'm missing good weather to fly in.

We appreciate your patience and support. I will keep follow up of it. Please feel free to PM me you if your have any further questions.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules