Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 - Maximum distance fixed at 50m ?
262 19 2017-8-12 01:28:08
Chechel75
Beginner
Belgium

Hello, I've made the last upgrade on my Inspire 1 and now I can't go over 50m long and 30m hight...
I read that there is a new GEO system but I don't find where to change that.
I'm official pilot in my country and I can flight where I need.
Can you explain me how I can change that and use my UAV ?

Thanks
2017-8-12 01:28:08
Use props
Håkan K
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 26404
Sweden

If you updated your FW recently you need to logon to your DJI account from your GO app. Or logout and then logon again. If it still doesn't help reinstall the app.
2017-8-12 02:46:35
Use props
Chechel75
Beginner
Belgium

Hello,
thanks for reply.
I read at lot about this changes but I don't find where to logon. I'm all the time logon when I'm flying.

I just go and try to restart everything today and I don't understand why, today it's working.
No problem.

I changed nothing and it's working...

I hope I'll no more have this problem. Yesterday was a bad day. I gone on a site to make a land mapping and ... I came home with nothing... 250km for nothing...

Thanks.

2017-8-12 03:08:07
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

Sorry to read on that, if this issue occurs again during next flight, please control the drone return to home, reboot the aircraft firstly and then reboot the APP.
2017-8-12 03:31:49
Use props
Supercaliber
Beginner
Flight distance : 49398
United States

Chechel75 Posted at 2017-8-12 03:08
Hello,
thanks for reply.
I read at lot about this changes but I don't find where to logon. I'm all the time logon when I'm flying.

You have to go to the "me" tab on the app homepage and then "settings" to sign in and out..I too lost a FULL day of shootiung because of this..Very angry with DJI..They suck for not telling us these problems..I never trust these apps..ever.
2017-8-13 05:56:43
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
China

Supercaliber Posted at 2017-8-13 05:56
You have to go to the "me" tab on the app homepage and then "settings" to sign in and out..I too lost a FULL day of shootiung because of this..Very angry with DJI..They suck for not telling us these problems..I never trust these apps..ever.

Sorry for the trouble caused, there is no need to logout and login, just reboot the APP after aircraft rebooting when you change another battery.
2017-8-13 23:44:45
Use props
Chechel
Beginner
Flight distance : 256886
Belgium

It a good idea to have created the GEO protection but you should explain it...
I've read nothing about reboot the app... At each battery changes !!
3 days ago
Use props
BooneIowa
Beginner
Flight distance : 158933
United States

Chechel Posted at 2017-8-15 07:04
It a good idea to have created the GEO protection but you should explain it...
I've read nothing about reboot the app... At each battery changes !!

Have same issue with my Inspire 1 every time I change batteries i get height and distance limits.  Only way around is by uninstalling and reinstalling app.  any other ideas?
3 days ago
Use props
Chechel
Beginner
Flight distance : 256886
Belgium

I think it's enough switching the app off and restart it. For me, it's working...
It's not necessary to uninstall it each time.
3 days ago
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

Chechel Posted at 2017-8-15 11:46
I think it's enough switching the app off and restart it. For me, it's working...
It's not necessary to uninstall it each time.

That's right, Chechel, no need to reinstall the APP every time, just reboot APP when you change another battery.
3 days ago
Use props
fans3f6e44a0
Beginner
United States

Is this going to be fixed in the next FW update? It's making the process pretty cumbersome.
2 days ago
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

fans3f6e44a0 Posted at 2017-8-16 06:00
Is this going to be fixed in the next FW update? It's making the process pretty cumbersome.

I understand, our engineers are working on it and will get it fixed very soon, sorry for inconvenience caused.
1 day ago
Use props
snowfly
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 65879
United States

Last weekend I needed to do some aerials for a wedding and I had my I1 & I2. I was not in good cell coverage and was not worried since my main ship was the I1 with the Z3. At exactly the right time I flew for a quick flight out to zoom in on the final part of the ceremony only to see the red light flash on and the I1 come grinding to a halt 50m out. Needless to say I was totally confused as to what was going on. Seeing the warning on my screen of Max Distance I quickly went to my settings (as it said) to turn off Max distance. IT WAS OFF! To make a long story shorter, I missed the shot (the only one I needed). This is the FIRST time my I1 has failed me in 2 years. I have never even broken a prop on this faithful bird.

In testing I now see that the possible solution is to restart the App on my iPad after every battery change. This is unacceptable.

Here is my suggestion for your engineers; COMPLETELY REMOVE THE AUTO BEGINNER RESTRICTIONS.

If a pilot is flying an I1 or I2, they do not need to be in Beginner mode (w/ flight restrictions) UNLESS they manually select it. This may be OK for the P3s, but the higher end birds typically have pilots who do not need this feature. AT LEAST, do not allow the beginner mode to be buried and thus preventing the pilot from simply switching it OFF (or ON).

The current version is a huge disaster. There should NEVER be any surprises in operation and flight.

I appreciate DJI's technology and skills, but DJI's engineers blew this one. PLEASE fix this problem ASAP and send out a new update quick.
1 day ago
Use props
snowfly
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 65879
United States

And of course, the other issue for DJI's engineers may be that the bigger concern is the new (and great) Crystalsky monitor and the version of DJI GO that is on it. I am not sure how the reboot of the embedded app will work. The best solution is likely to simply eliminate the auto beginner feature altogether (PLEASE).......
1 day ago
Use props
rgallo6
Beginner
United States

Having the same problem, no matter what altitude or distance i put in it defaults to the beginners mode! DJI! I can't do my job! please fix it!
1 day ago
Use props
fans0ab02222
Beginner
Australia

Any news on a fix yet or has anyone been able to fix this problem?  It's so frustrating - it is why I hate having to upgrade!!
1 day ago
Use props
badgercull
Beginner
Flight distance : 26404
United Kingdom

I had this issue.  All you have to do is start the bird first, then restart the app.  Works every time.
1 day ago
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

snowfly Posted at 2017-8-17 09:32
And of course, the other issue for DJI's engineers may be that the bigger concern is the new (and great) Crystalsky monitor and the version of DJI GO that is on it. I am not sure how the reboot of the embedded app will work. The best solution is likely to simply eliminate the auto beginner feature altogether (PLEASE).......

Please hover the aircraft in an open and safe place and then reboot the APP or return the drone to home point and reboot the APP.
Please remember to reboot the APP after you changed another battery.
Sorry for the trouble caused and please keep us posted if this method works.
1 day ago
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

rgallo6 Posted at 2017-8-17 18:03
Having the same problem, no matter what altitude or distance i put in it defaults to the beginners mode! DJI! I can't do my job! please fix it!

Please restart the APP when you changed another battery during flight. It will work. Sorry for the inconvenience.
1 day ago
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Japan

fans0ab02222 Posted at 2017-8-17 20:07
Any news on a fix yet or has anyone been able to fix this problem?  It's so frustrating - it is why I hate having to upgrade!!

Please return the drone to home point when you encounter this problem, reboot the aircraft firstly and then reboot the APP.
1 day ago
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next