Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 - Maximum distance fixed at 50m ?
123Next >
8365 90 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chechel75
New

Belgium

Hello, I've made the last upgrade on my Inspire 1 and now I can't go over 50m long and 30m hight...
I read that there is a new GEO system but I don't find where to change that.
I'm official pilot in my country and I can flight where I need.
Can you explain me how I can change that and use my UAV ?

Thanks
2017-8-12
Use props
Håkan K
First Officer
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

If you updated your FW recently you need to logon to your DJI account from your GO app. Or logout and then logon again. If it still doesn't help reinstall the app.
2017-8-12
Use props
Chechel75
New

Belgium

Hello,
thanks for reply.
I read at lot about this changes but I don't find where to logon. I'm all the time logon when I'm flying.

I just go and try to restart everything today and I don't understand why, today it's working.
No problem.

I changed nothing and it's working...

I hope I'll no more have this problem. Yesterday was a bad day. I gone on a site to make a land mapping and ... I came home with nothing... 250km for nothing...

Thanks.

2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry to read on that, if this issue occurs again during next flight, please control the drone return to home, reboot the aircraft firstly and then reboot the APP.
2017-8-12
Use props
Supercaliber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249364 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chechel75 Posted at 2017-8-12 03:08
Hello,
thanks for reply.
I read at lot about this changes but I don't find where to logon. I'm all the time logon when I'm flying.

You have to go to the "me" tab on the app homepage and then "settings" to sign in and out..I too lost a FULL day of shootiung because of this..Very angry with DJI..They suck for not telling us these problems..I never trust these apps..ever.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Supercaliber Posted at 2017-8-13 05:56
You have to go to the "me" tab on the app homepage and then "settings" to sign in and out..I too lost a FULL day of shootiung because of this..Very angry with DJI..They suck for not telling us these problems..I never trust these apps..ever.

Sorry for the trouble caused, there is no need to logout and login, just reboot the APP after aircraft rebooting when you change another battery.
2017-8-13
Use props
Chechel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3032116 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

It a good idea to have created the GEO protection but you should explain it...
I've read nothing about reboot the app... At each battery changes !!
2017-8-15
Use props
BooneIowa
New
Flight distance : 521434 ft
United States

Chechel Posted at 2017-8-15 07:04
It a good idea to have created the GEO protection but you should explain it...
I've read nothing about reboot the app... At each battery changes !!

Have same issue with my Inspire 1 every time I change batteries i get height and distance limits.  Only way around is by uninstalling and reinstalling app.  any other ideas?
2017-8-15
Use props
Chechel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3032116 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

I think it's enough switching the app off and restart it. For me, it's working...
It's not necessary to uninstall it each time.
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Chechel Posted at 2017-8-15 11:46
I think it's enough switching the app off and restart it. For me, it's working...
It's not necessary to uninstall it each time.

That's right, Chechel, no need to reinstall the APP every time, just reboot APP when you change another battery.
2017-8-15
Use props
fans3f6e44a0
lvl.1
United States

Is this going to be fixed in the next FW update? It's making the process pretty cumbersome.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3f6e44a0 Posted at 2017-8-16 06:00
Is this going to be fixed in the next FW update? It's making the process pretty cumbersome.

I understand, our engineers are working on it and will get it fixed very soon, sorry for inconvenience caused.
2017-8-17
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 216138 ft
United States

Last weekend I needed to do some aerials for a wedding and I had my I1 & I2. I was not in good cell coverage and was not worried since my main ship was the I1 with the Z3. At exactly the right time I flew for a quick flight out to zoom in on the final part of the ceremony only to see the red light flash on and the I1 come grinding to a halt 50m out. Needless to say I was totally confused as to what was going on. Seeing the warning on my screen of Max Distance I quickly went to my settings (as it said) to turn off Max distance. IT WAS OFF! To make a long story shorter, I missed the shot (the only one I needed). This is the FIRST time my I1 has failed me in 2 years. I have never even broken a prop on this faithful bird.

In testing I now see that the possible solution is to restart the App on my iPad after every battery change. This is unacceptable.

Here is my suggestion for your engineers; COMPLETELY REMOVE THE AUTO BEGINNER RESTRICTIONS.

If a pilot is flying an I1 or I2, they do not need to be in Beginner mode (w/ flight restrictions) UNLESS they manually select it. This may be OK for the P3s, but the higher end birds typically have pilots who do not need this feature. AT LEAST, do not allow the beginner mode to be buried and thus preventing the pilot from simply switching it OFF (or ON).

The current version is a huge disaster. There should NEVER be any surprises in operation and flight.

I appreciate DJI's technology and skills, but DJI's engineers blew this one. PLEASE fix this problem ASAP and send out a new update quick.
2017-8-17
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
United States

And of course, the other issue for DJI's engineers may be that the bigger concern is the new (and great) Crystalsky monitor and the version of DJI GO that is on it. I am not sure how the reboot of the embedded app will work. The best solution is likely to simply eliminate the auto beginner feature altogether (PLEASE).......
2017-8-17
Use props
rgallo6
lvl.1
United States

Having the same problem, no matter what altitude or distance i put in it defaults to the beginners mode! DJI! I can't do my job! please fix it!
2017-8-17
Use props
fans0ab02222
New
Australia

Any news on a fix yet or has anyone been able to fix this problem?  It's so frustrating - it is why I hate having to upgrade!!
2017-8-17
Use props
badgercull
New
Flight distance : 86627 ft
United Kingdom

I had this issue.  All you have to do is start the bird first, then restart the app.  Works every time.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

snowfly Posted at 2017-8-17 09:32
And of course, the other issue for DJI's engineers may be that the bigger concern is the new (and great) Crystalsky monitor and the version of DJI GO that is on it. I am not sure how the reboot of the embedded app will work. The best solution is likely to simply eliminate the auto beginner feature altogether (PLEASE).......

Please hover the aircraft in an open and safe place and then reboot the APP or return the drone to home point and reboot the APP.
Please remember to reboot the APP after you changed another battery.
Sorry for the trouble caused and please keep us posted if this method works.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rgallo6 Posted at 2017-8-17 18:03
Having the same problem, no matter what altitude or distance i put in it defaults to the beginners mode! DJI! I can't do my job! please fix it!

Please restart the APP when you changed another battery during flight. It will work. Sorry for the inconvenience.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans0ab02222 Posted at 2017-8-17 20:07
Any news on a fix yet or has anyone been able to fix this problem?  It's so frustrating - it is why I hate having to upgrade!!

Please return the drone to home point when you encounter this problem, reboot the aircraft firstly and then reboot the APP.
2017-8-17
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
United States

Re-booting the DJI GO app seems to take care of the problem - Thanks.

That said, I am sure that there is a detection setting in the source code for DJI Go that can easily be 'hard coded' to eliminate the problem completely. (Of course it is best to just get rid of the routine completely) I would suggest that your engineers/coders simply do that in order to provide us a quick solution to this problem. No one should be required to re-boot the DJI GO app on every battery change. We need to be able to simply load a new battery and continue our project(s) while DJI GO is running......
2017-8-18
Use props
Lano7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1021207 ft
Australia

By re booting the app after every battery change, do you mean turn off controller and craft, close app, then re start app, then turn on craft and controller?

Not working for me, I have to come back to my house, delete the app, download the whole app again (with home wifi because the file is so big) log in again, then start inspire and controller for it to work at all,

This has been going on all week, please fix this!

I have been onto the techs who suggested IMU recalibration as well as a compass reset, all to no avail, I am still having issues every battery change with it stopping at 50 metres!

2017-8-18
Use props
Osbeck
lvl.1
Flight distance : 500682 ft
Sweden

Is the company so pushed to "throw out" the software without doing a real test? It is not good marketing for DJI.
DJI is 1a in my eyes on drones, but more manufacturers are on the rise. It is advisable to release software that users can trust.
The person who approved this version should be fired, it has created a lot of dissatisfaction.

Of course you have learned something after this release, but I hope you solve this ASAP.
2017-8-18
Use props
Håkan K
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Is this problem a firmware or app problem? (was thinking backing out the latest FW update to get rid of this issue..)
2017-8-19
Use props
rgallo6
lvl.1
United States

Mindy I did...still won't let me fly more than 30m.
2017-8-19
Use props
Håkan K
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

This problem is going on in some other forums as well and seems to escalate in the same rate people update. Do we all have to open tickets to get DJI realize it's a big problem. Question raised to DJI Mindy as well as the community.
2017-8-19
Use props
DALLASFREAK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1074957 ft
United States

This is good to know ..I get my inspire 1 camera back tomorrow. I have been flying the Mavic Pro but it can't touch the Inspire 1.....I think I will hold off on the new update until they find a fix.
2017-8-20
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

rgallo6 Posted at 2017-8-19 14:26
Mindy I did...still won't let me fly more than 30m.

If you have the AC and  RC updated and  still have issue I would delete and re- install the Go app, then with the System fired up (ike just before takeoff, but mors not engaged )  ,log into  the Go app and be sure to sign in . This should take care of it .
Sync flight  record first  before deleting go app , if you wish to .

donnie

2017-8-20
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
United States

The answer as to how to reboot the DJI GO app does not require a complete delete and reinstall. To reboot any app in IOS requires the user to simply multi-click the home button. That action will bring up all the apps that are hanging in memory. Simply press the DJI GO app and sweep it off the screen. It is also good to pull all the other apps off to free up the memory. (You will be surprised at how many are likely there that you thought you ended with the Home button) Once you have cleared DJI GO out, simply press the Home button and restart DJI GO. It works for me every time and I think that is what Mindy recommended. Is it the solution: NO. DJI needs to fix the app and pronto......users SHOULD NEED TO DO THIS!
2017-8-20
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
United States

Whoops, missing an important word in my last post: USERS SHOULD NOT NEED TO DO THIS!
2017-8-20
Use props
rgallo6
lvl.1
United States

I finally got it to go higher than 30m but distance It won't let me go no more than 500m. Changed the battery reinstalled the app. (Sign out then signed back in)
And it only allowed  me to fly 30m latitude and 30m longitude! I give up...this is unacceptable!
2017-8-20
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Roll back to previous FW if you can. I am still on the previous FW. The performance of the AC has not been affected in any way or form.
2017-8-20
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
United States

I did not think it is a FW (aircraft or RC) issue. I think it is totally in the DJI Go. When I was having issues I fired up Litchi and it worked fine. The only issue I had that prevented using it was I could not figure out how to use the zoom on my Z3. Otherwise I would have dumped DJI Go until they fixed it. But again, rebooting DJI GO has been working for me OK.
2017-8-20
Use props
DTK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

As you may know, if you roll back AC FW, you also will have to roll back Go App. Hence you solve the issue for the time being and awaiting for the next workable update.
2017-8-20
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
United States

The Catch-22 for those who have 'unlock' areas, the unlock requires that the I1 is updated to the latest FW. Bummer......
2017-8-21
Use props
Donnie *
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-8-20 18:58
As you may know, if you roll back AC FW, you also will have to roll back Go App. Hence you solve the issue for the time being and awaiting for the next workable update.

Cant rollback the go app  unless you have it stored on a I tunes account or something .

Unless you have found another way ??

donnie
2017-8-21
Use props
Håkan K
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

A new iOS GO app released today. Doesn't mention fixing anything for Inspire though..
2017-8-21
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
United States

Thanks. Will check it out. I thought my earlier posts were encouragement to everyone. But I did a flight today and once again the Max Distance bug hit. The ONLY app running was DJI GO. And before starting the flight I had rebooted it, so I guess it does not work all the time. Hope this new version fixes it.
2017-8-21
Use props
snowfly
lvl.3
United States

Did a lot of checks on the new version of DJI GO and everything I did seemed to work fine. Might be back to the good ol' days of only worrying about getting good shots....if this new update fixed the problem...THX DJI
2017-8-21
Use props
Steve K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2067 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-13 23:44
Sorry for the trouble caused, there is no need to logout and login, just reboot the APP after aircraft rebooting when you change another battery.

Hi, Mindy. How do I reboot the app? Just get out of the app and turn the mobile device off? Or should I turn off the RC as well?
2017-8-21
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules