Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark Magnetic Interference Error
234 8 4 days ago
Gscann
Beginner
Flight distance : 14494
Maldives

Today I was flying my Dji Spark on holiday here in the Maldives and little over 30s into the flight the drone lost gps control and flew off with the wind. I quickly received a compass and magnetic interference error. I then had to battle with the wind to get it back to land. I was wondering if anyone could have a look at the data logs for me to see what went wrong?

Many thanks
IMG_3332.PNG
4 days ago
Use props
HomePoint
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 85931
United Kingdom

Well done on keeping control and regaining the craft.  Looking forward to watch this post further with the experts views.
4 days ago
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 366522
  • >>>
Ireland

If you upload your flight log to link below just click on link and follow instructions I will have a look at them

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
4 days ago
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 366522
  • >>>
Ireland

Would also be helpful if you could lets us know where you took off from and if you calibrated compass prior to flight.
4 days ago
Use props
S-e-ven
Hobbyist
Flight distance : 13541
Thailand

117 km/h horizontal speed?
Must be a strong wind.
I assume, without proper GPS signal there is no real speed reading.
But where are the 117 km/h coming from?
4 days ago
Use props
Gscann
Beginner
Maldives

I will try to upload the flight logs as soon as possible. The drone claims to have reached at top speed of 157.4 km/h (see pic). I did not calibrate the compass prior to the flight but I did the day before.
IMG_3334.PNG
4 days ago
Use props
DJI Diana
Japan

Gscann, you can also contact the DJI Support to submit a data analysis,  http://www.dji.com/support .
4 days ago
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 74132
United States

Gscann Posted at 2017-8-12 09:57
I will try to upload the flight logs as soon as possible. The drone claims to have reached at top speed of 157.4 km/h (see pic). I did not calibrate the compass prior to the flight but I did the day before.

you're the new record holder for top speed..  157.4KM/H  that's 97.5MPH  LOL!  i only managed 72.5 MPH, that's some crazy wind...good job on not  crashing the spark into the ground or anything..
4 days ago
Use props
Gscann
Beginner
Maldives

Thanks for the responses. Sadly as I am away I cannot access the flight logs through iTunes. I have contacted DJI support via email but they are yet to get back to me.
3 days ago
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next