Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark Magnetic Interference Error
5778 14 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gscann
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47552 ft
Maldives

Today I was flying my Dji Spark on holiday here in the Maldives and little over 30s into the flight the drone lost gps control and flew off with the wind. I quickly received a compass and magnetic interference error. I then had to battle with the wind to get it back to land. I was wondering if anyone could have a look at the data logs for me to see what went wrong?

Many thanks
IMG_3332.PNG
2017-8-12
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well done on keeping control and regaining the craft.  Looking forward to watch this post further with the experts views.
2017-8-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you upload your flight log to link below just click on link and follow instructions I will have a look at them

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-8-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Would also be helpful if you could lets us know where you took off from and if you calibrated compass prior to flight.
2017-8-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

117 km/h horizontal speed?
Must be a strong wind.
I assume, without proper GPS signal there is no real speed reading.
But where are the 117 km/h coming from?
2017-8-12
Use props
Gscann
lvl.1
Maldives

I will try to upload the flight logs as soon as possible. The drone claims to have reached at top speed of 157.4 km/h (see pic). I did not calibrate the compass prior to the flight but I did the day before.
IMG_3334.PNG
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Gscann, you can also contact the DJI Support to submit a data analysis,  http://www.dji.com/support .
2017-8-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gscann Posted at 2017-8-12 09:57
I will try to upload the flight logs as soon as possible. The drone claims to have reached at top speed of 157.4 km/h (see pic). I did not calibrate the compass prior to the flight but I did the day before.

you're the new record holder for top speed..  157.4KM/H  that's 97.5MPH  LOL!  i only managed 72.5 MPH, that's some crazy wind...good job on not  crashing the spark into the ground or anything..
2017-8-12
Use props
Gscann
lvl.1
Maldives

Thanks for the responses. Sadly as I am away I cannot access the flight logs through iTunes. I have contacted DJI support via email but they are yet to get back to me.
2017-8-13
Use props
Gscann
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-8-12 04:38
If you upload your flight log to link below just click on link and follow instructions I will have a look at them

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Okay I have finally been able to access the flight logs. Here they are:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FC9SB5HDAN3HAV24VKQW/
There's a whole lot of errors!
2017-8-24
Use props
Gscann
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-12 20:15
Gscann, you can also contact the DJI Support to submit a data analysis,  http://www.dji.com/support .

I submitted report to Support over a week ago and they haven't gotten back to me.
2017-8-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Gscann Posted at 2017-8-24 04:43
Okay I have finally been able to access the flight logs. Here they are:
http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/FC9SB5HDAN3HAV24VKQW/
There's a whole lot of errors!

You log although lots of warnings is very simple to put down to one or two things happening

1/ if the launching area had any metal structures or concrete which usually  contains metal rebar, this will cause serious magnetic interference with your compass.
You will see from your flight your AC spinning around in circles and not being able to correctly find North, it will cause conflict with the instructions you are trying to give it which in turn causes conflict with IMU heading, you then have conflict data between compass and gps and spark can't handle this conflict so it ditches gps because it can fly without gps but not without compass.

2/ you calibrated you compass wrong or calibrated in an area of strong magnetic interference. The outcome would have been the same.
I will leave you a link below which will help you to avoid in the future.

Since the new firmware release this week they have added a flight limit of 5 metre height if AC is showing any interference at takeoff, this will help a lot if it works properly.

Yes it's probably down to you, but it isn't something we haven't gone through at one time or another.
Use the link below to help check you have a good compass before you launch.
Good luck.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Gscann Posted at 2017-8-24 04:45
I submitted report to Support over a week ago and they haven't gotten back to me.

Could you please provide me with your case number so I can look into it? I'll escalate it.
2017-8-24
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

These errors happened 12 aug,so with old fw.
With the new firmware these errors should not happen anymore. I had exactly the same errors in july.
2017-8-24
Use props
fanse9637474
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46923 ft
United Kingdom

The exact same thing happened to me last week in Bali and I was absolutely terrified. I had no control over it and lost it. I've sent DJI the details but I am really unhappy.
2017-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules