Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Does anyone use P4P Antenna Signal Range Boosters?
548 2 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

I'm a newbie P4P piloto and I'm gearing up for a trip to the other side of the planet where I will be filming in some remote areas.  I was wondering if anyone has any advice on those Antenna Signal Range Boosters that I see several companies manufacture and sell.  I live near Lake Erie, and even on the lakes and rivers where I don't have much interference, I don't get the claimed distance from the antennas that is described in the P4P description.
2017-8-12
Use props
Lar1Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190755 ft
United States

Just upgraded to ARGTek range extender kit. Blue Protron is the website Installation took about 1 1/2 hours but I was very slow and careful.
First flight, controller disconnected around 1750 which scared the crap out of me.
I was also able to see how RTH worked which was pretty cool. I have my RTH height set pretty high. (100m) a lot of trees where I live.
The second flight this morning, after re-booting the iPad Mini 2, 2405feet at 250 feet up rock solid video feed.
Now I realize that doesn't sound like much but before the extender kit, I would lose video feed around 1700 but never loss controller link.
I am using their omnidirectional antennas, have not tried the panels. If the weather holds, I will try it over the weekend and re-post.
Just my 2¢

2017-8-12
Use props
Kuya Kano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

Lar1Man Posted at 2017-8-12 06:26
Just upgraded to ARGTek range extender kit. Blue Protron is the website Installation took about 1 1/2 hours but I was very slow and careful.
First flight, controller disconnected around 1750 which scared the crap out of me.
I was also able to see how RTH worked which was pretty cool. I have my RTH height set pretty high. (100m) a lot of trees where I live.

Thank you for the specifics on your response.  Keep me posted on your results with the new gear.  Based on how cheap the prices are on gear sold on Amazon.com, I was questioning if it was really worth adding it to my gear that i will be packing on a boat to a remote island to shoot.
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules