Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI charge me 1089$ for a Mavic pro under warranty
8750 18 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lodanox
Captain
Flight distance : 851978 ft
France

Hi

I recently bought a DJI mavic pro drone in France.
I flew it a few time (5-6 times) without any crash or hard landing.
Than before my departure to South Africa the gimbal drone wasn't working anymore. Each time I tried to turn it on the error message "gimbal overload" came up.

I recalibrate the drone with the remote controller and also with DJI assistant but it wasn't working at all. So I search on google and I understand that it was a ribbon cable issue.

So I sent the drone to repair under warranty. The guy at the shop who took the drone noticed that there was no damage or crash damage on the drone and it look like new.
But a few weeks later I received a DJI letter who claim that in regard of the black box I crashed the drone (which is completely fake) and refuse to repair my drone under warranty.

So they want me to pay 1089$ for a ribbon cable damaged by it's own.

Here a video where you can see the ribbon cable getting broken without any reason in the middle of a fly :

https://youtu.be/xClXmgDnPdI

It's my second drone from DJI after a P4P (who also meeting a problem of drifting) and I'm very disappointed.

Someone here can help me find a solution ?
2017-8-12
Use props
Tekameleon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1308291 ft
Canada

@DJI Mindy can you help here?

Otherwise, and probably not the solution you are hoping for, you could ask them to return your Mavic and just replace that cable yourself.

That price quote seems suspect though, the cable is a $50 part and a (delicate but) relatively easy fix. There must be more to the repair than just the ribbon cable...

2017-8-12
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Can you show us the full repair quote?
2017-8-12
Use props
Tealk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

If DJI will make you pay for what you're up to, it means he's sad ...  you show them that video?
2017-8-12
Use props
Rick-Becco
First Officer
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

it would be cheaper to purchase the drone New for 759.00 if they wont do it under warranty ? Why would they not offer that as a choice if the cost to repair is that high.
with as many of the cable breaks they shoud all be coveered.
2017-8-12
Use props
Lucas775
Captain
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wish DJI would have made the gimbal on the mavic as strong as the gimbal on the Spark.
2017-8-12
Use props
lodanox
Captain
France

Nees Posted at 2017-8-12 08:17

As soon as I get back in Paris (after tomorrow ) I will post the quote.
2017-8-12
Use props
lodanox
Captain
France

Tealk Posted at 2017-8-12 08:42
If DJI will make you pay for what you're up to, it means he's sad ...  you show them that video?

I shown the video to my reseller who normally manage this kind of issue with DJI support, but they said that they don't wanna argue with DJI, because they still want to continue trade with them and sell their products...
So nobody got my back, even my reseller who's  the biggest electronic shop in France.
The sad things is that I spent all my money at la Fnac (my reseller) to get my equipment for travel photography/filmmaking and they gave up on me because DJI overcome the drone market and they rather have good relationship with DJI than with their client...

sad...

2017-8-12
Use props
Mari
Captain
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

... why does you reseller not replace your Mavic? If it is the biggest electronics reseller in France they could take to lost of your Mavic en replace it with a new one to make customer happy...

When DJI says that you have crashed the drone, how to prove you didn't? You no longer have the data stored in the blackbox and even when you have a backup of that data, there is probably no way to read that data because it is coded.
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check what happened?
2017-8-12
Use props
lodanox
Captain
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-12 19:05
Could you please provide me with your case number so I can check what happened?

Hello Diana,
Thank to replying to me.
I just get back from Italy so sorry for the late reply.
I'm not sure I can provide a DJI case number as I left the drone to my reseller (who directly deal with DJI support based in Switzerland)  
So I only have a case number from my reseller.

Here de coupon from my reseller :
[img]https://forum11.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=273870IMG20170816073954.jpg%5D[/URL][/img]

and here what they charge me in the first place :

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=512937IMG20170816074004.jpg%5D[/URL][/img]

Hope it could help...
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

lodanox Posted at 2017-8-15 22:00
Hello Diana,
Thank to replying to me.
I just get back from Italy so sorry for the late reply.

I am sorry to say that I didn't find a case number from the two pictures, the case number from DJI support should begin with CAS- , could you please contact your reseller to ask for the case number? Then, I'll be able to look into it. sorry for the trouble you have been caused.
2017-8-15
Use props
lodanox
Captain
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-15 22:13
I am sorry to say that I didn't find a case number from the two pictures, the case number from DJI support should begin with CAS- , could you please contact your reseller to ask for the case number? Then, I'll be able to look into it. sorry for the trouble you have been caused.

Yes, still waiting for my reseller answer to have this case number... As soon as I get this case number will reply.

Thank you
2017-8-15
Use props
lodanox
Captain
France

Nees Posted at 2017-8-12 08:17

The repair quote is in my precedent post, but in french.

But it say that drone look like new, 0 damage, 0 scratch in the first place, but on the estimate, it say that the drone has been crashed and the gimbal damaged.

And I swear, my drone was intact and I never crashed it. I thought it would be so natural to get the repair under warranty so I didn't think about took any pictures of the drone or save the flight data before bring it back to warranty...
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

lodanox Posted at 2017-8-15 23:02
Yes, still waiting for my reseller answer to have this case number... As soon as I get this case number will reply.

Thank you

Ok, please keep us updated.
2017-8-15
Use props
lodanox
Captain
France

Mari Posted at 2017-8-12 13:35
... why does you reseller not replace your Mavic? If it is the biggest electronics reseller in France they could take to lost of your Mavic en replace it with a new one to make customer happy...

When DJI says that you have crashed the drone, how to prove you didn't? You no longer have the data stored in the blackbox and even when you have a backup of that data, there is probably no way to read that data because it is coded.

I dont know, as you said, I should have stored the data or take pictures of my drone before bring it back to the repair service. But in regards of how things happen, and other users who face the same ribbon cable problem, I thought it would be very natural to get the repair under warranty by DJI...
How it can be possible for a supposed crashed drone to look intact, without any scratchs ?
2017-8-15
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

lodanox Posted at 2017-8-15 23:17
I dont know, as you said, I should have stored the data or take pictures of my drone before bring it back to the repair service. But in regards of how things happen, and other users who face the same ribbon cable problem, I thought it would be very natural to get the repair under warranty by DJI...
How it can be possible for a supposed crashed drone to look intact, without any scratchs ?

Tbh, would NEVER have brought it back to FNAC... You should ask it back and send it to DJI. I thought you reveived a quote from DJI, but it is FNAC. They are dumb... 100% sure They didn't open a case at DJI.
2017-8-17
Use props
lodanox
Captain
France

Nees Posted at 2017-8-17 04:44
Tbh, would NEVER have brought it back to FNAC... You should ask it back and send it to DJI. I thought you reveived a quote from DJI, but it is FNAC. They are dumb... 100% sure They didn't open a case at DJI.

How did you knew ?! Are u French based ?

Ok You were so f*** right !!! I spoke with DJI support and they told me that they never received any drone, so la Fnac just sent the drone to a subcontractor based in Switzerland and decide to call it DJI. So I was angry against DJI whereas DJI never deal with my drone. So disrespectful from la Fnac !
I ask to have my drone back and gonna send it back to the real DJI support.
My new RMA number is CAS-902309-Y2C1J6.
I already sent the flight data of the drone for them. Waiting for their analyse of my data...

Will keep u updated

If you wanna check out my work on IG @michel_vespasien ;)

Thank for the support guys !
2017-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

lodanox Posted at 2017-8-22 02:37
How did you knew ?! Are u French based ?

Ok You were so f*** right !!! I spoke with DJI support and they told me that they never received any drone, so la Fnac just sent the drone to a subcontractor based in Switzerland and decide to call it DJI. So I was angry against DJI whereas DJI never deal with my drone. So disrespectful from la Fnac !

We sympathize with your situation, local team will take good care of it. Appreciate your patience.
If you need further assistance, please keep us updated.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules