Spark Batteries
887 3 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I purchased a green lawn mower a couple of years ago and the more I charge the batter the less effective the battery becomes - I use to mow my yard with the 2 batteries that came with the mower but now it takes 4 batteries (had to purchase 2 extra batteries) to do the same job

Is there a similar drain on the Spark battery over time with charging and recharging? And wonder what the expected life of a battery is?
2017-8-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

That’s just how battery technology works in general.  However the sparks batteries are allegedly smart and, and I’m guessing they have a “buffer” built into them to they don’t wear out super fast.     

People will say lithium has no memory and isn’t as vulnerable to wear and tear like older nickel based rechargeable.  While technically true, they are still vulnerable to all same issues.  However usually smarter battery packs feature extra buffer and will cycle through the buffer as needed and it will prevent voltage deviation between cells helping to prevent premature battery life loss
2017-8-12
Use props
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-12 09:27
That’s just how battery technology works in general.  However the sparks batteries are allegedly smart and, and I’m guessing they have a “buffer” built into them to they don’t wear out super fast.     

People will say lithium has no memory and isn’t as vulnerable to wear and tear like older nickel based rechargeable.  While technically true, they are still vulnerable to all same issues.  However usually smarter battery packs feature extra buffer and will cycle through the buffer as needed and it will prevent voltage deviation between cells helping to prevent premature battery life loss

Thanks for your response. so what's ur guess on Spark's battery life?
2017-8-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

nucmanchh Posted at 2017-8-12 17:36
Thanks for your response. so what's ur guess on Spark's battery life?

well, overall battery life long term...  hard to say it also depends how you treat them and how well they been engineered, and im fairly abusive, running them hard in the heat and in the rain.    but i haven't seen any loss in life yet.  and i put 50+ recharges on one battery and it hasn't deviated any noticeable amount from its original run time..  

my guess is 3- 5 years of overall life...  ?
2017-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules