Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Go 4 List of Problem I have after the recent updates
1171 10 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dav Carps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34324 ft
Canada

Aside from all other issues that I've been experiencing with the new updates being pushed onto my Phantom 4, such as:
1) Unstable flight and hover
2) Aggressive midflight movements of the drone
3) Random irregular video recording stops
4) Irregular jerking of camera/gimble and tilting to right/left during flight that puts the landing geat (legs) in view (right before it stops the recording)
etc.

Today when starting the DJI GO 4, I noticed the app is asking me to link a phone number in Mainland China to my account to complete my registration! no matter what I did I could not get through to fly my p4...I had to Uninstall the app and reinstall it again to make it work!...seems like there's a new problem with this app and DJI on a daily basis now. That company's silence in responding to all these issues is absolutely aggravating. These changes have rendered useless my very expensive piece of equipment and I feel I need an official response from DJI.

2017-8-12
Use props
fansc32af854
New

Australia

Can anyone please help me and give me some feed back? I've updated the firmware but it's asking me to do it again and again. And after the update the gimbal starting making that noise.
Any advice would be appreciated
2017-8-12
Use props
Dav Carps
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34324 ft
Canada

fansc32af854 Posted at 2017-8-12 15:00
Can anyone please help me and give me some feed back? I've updated the firmware but it's asking me to do it again and again. And after the update the gimbal starting making that noise.

If you have more than one battery,  you need to update the firmare for each battery. If you used one battery to update the firmare on your drone, after it has been updated, remove the battery and put the next battery in and repeat the upgrade procedure. You need to do this for each battery....if that doesn't help you may need to do a factory reset and upgrade the firmare from scratch. Make sure you calibrate compass and IMU after you do a full firmware upgrade as some settings on the drone and app may be reset.
2017-8-12
Use props
fansca953012
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1670187 ft
United States

I don't know why so many people are having a different list of problems after installing the new update it should effect us all the same. Mine is white and blue dots in video mode only and everything else is fine. But I do know that's enough to drive me crazy trying to fix and I don't want to send it back to find out it was only the app so I'm hoping something is figured out soon..
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to power on the aircraft when GPS signal is good and then connect it with controller to check whether the linking phone number pops up.
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc32af854 Posted at 2017-8-12 15:00

May I know what's your current firmware? Refresh firmware is required if you have more than one battery. Also, please send us a short video of the gimbal noise, I'd like to check.
2017-8-13
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Lots of issues with the P4 firmware, DJI was beta testing a new version to fix the stability issues recently, hopefully they will release it soon.
2017-8-13
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.3
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

5.  Mobile device overheating
2017-8-17
Use props
JCJMC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2122467 ft
Spain

Reset camera recording to 4k.
2017-8-17
Use props
fansbfd210fe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670994 ft
Australia

Having exactly the same issues.

I have 2 x P4's that I fly at work. One had a yaw arm replaced and I hadn't flown it in ages. After updating the firmware a while ago in the unit that gets flown every day I started experiencing these exact symptoms. Tired doing all the cals. Used different phones and tablets etc. Nothing worked so I thought it was just having issues due to loads of use.  I then got the old one out and started using it as I am doing programed flights trying too get progress shots that need to be in the same position each time. Video dropping out doesn't really help this. No problems whatsoever were observed. Happy days. Then after realising that the anti collision wasn't working as well on the old P4 I decided to update the firmware (plus I didn't mind how much flightier the new firmware made the manual flights). Bang. Exact same problems.

If only we could downgrade the firmware. Unfortunately this option has been taken away from us. I wish I never upgraded. Lesson learned.

Its definitely a firmware issue. I use Litchi though so I'm not sure if its a compatibility issue with this firmware version or not.

It seems to only occur when recording and panning around something. It also seems to happen a number of times at the start of the flight and then stop happening and work OK.
2017-9-19
Use props
fansbfd210fe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 670994 ft
Australia

I should add its items 3 and 4 only that I'm having issues with.
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules