Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
90% battery and drone drop's out off the sky
907 5 2017-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andre3
New
Flight distance : 118140 ft
South Africa

This is a real confusing one , and also need to add this is not pilot error, went for a flip took some pic's , landed replaced the battery took off hoverd for about 1 min, made sure all is just fine. Battery 90% then a battrey error came up blinked my eyes and p4 fell out of the sky, all into smithereens. Please any one i need advice

2017-8-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

You would think battery first, since it just happened after a change, right?
2017-8-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Post the flight LOG and we can all have a better idea of what went on.

www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload

Hopefully, it wasn't pilot error, with a loose, battery pack... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry for the crash, I would recommend you contact the Support to start a case, then submit a data analysis for this crash. Please refer to the link below to contact the Support.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-13
Use props
djiuser_7USirNQ
New

United States

Same thing happened to me. I just bought the new phantom 4 pro and I just had added the new firmware update. I took off with about 80% battery left went up at 82ft when all of the sudden all of the lights went out and it fell to it's death !!      I sent it to DJI and they are currently looking over my flight log. They said it could take up to 55 days to get an answer bummer !!    Thanks DJI
        I think the new firmware update had something to do with it ...........
2017-8-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_7USirNQ Posted at 2017-8-22 17:44
Same thing happened to me. I just bought the new phantom 4 pro and I just had added the new firmware update. I took off with about 80% battery left went up at 82ft when all of the sudden all of the lights went out and it fell to it's death !!      I sent it to DJI and they are currently looking over my flight log. They said it could take up to 55 days to get an answer bummer !!    Thanks DJI
        I think the new firmware update had something to do with it ...........

I took off with about 80% battery left went up at 82ft when all of the sudden all of the lights went out and it fell to it's death !!

Ding ding ding!!!
There are flashing red lights and alarm bells going off with that statement.
NEVER launch with a partially discharged battery  ... NEVER!
If the battery has been sitting there discharging, the % indicator will be misleading.
In your case 80% was not 80%.
What matters to the Phantom is the voltage the battery can deliver and if you look at your flight record you'll see the voltage was well below what would come from a batterythat started at 100% and was down to 80% in normal flight.
To see your data, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides if you want some help with it.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules