Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is it safe now to upgrade?
1294 10 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Been thinking lately to move up to the latest Android DJI GO and firmware versions. I have been flying with Litchi and FW1.8.1 until bad health forced me to pack everything away for a few months.
Got everything together last night and was let down when I ran Litchi I got a popup that says my Litchi is not licensed and only gave me the option to buy it again. Did I miss an update or something?
Anyway I'm ready to take the chance and replace my now broken Litchi with the latest Android app and firmware version.... That is only if anyone can assure me that the new versions are better than 3.1.3 and 1.8.1 ......   

2017-8-13
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Just read the forum....
2017-8-13
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Dont do the firmware
2017-8-13
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

You say you've previously been flying with 1.8.1..how did you go? My experience with 1.8.1 was so bad that i after updating to it i had to return the drone to the shop and get a replacement. RTH at 50m....constant errors etc. After getting a new unit i left it at 1.7.9..which is what i've been using ever since, without any issues.
2017-8-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If, your phantom is working good? Then no....
2017-8-13
Use props
WD9EON
Captain
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

I have always done the updates, app and FW.   I've never had a problem with either.  Can't say they are better, but they haven't caused any problems.
2017-8-13
Use props
MerlinL14
First Officer
Flight distance : 2858 ft
United Kingdom

You should just need to log in to Litchi server again for it to 're' recognise your email and password credential.
2017-8-13
Use props
Bourgeois
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229911 ft
Canada

Regarding Litchi. Sounds like one of two things. An older version had a bug that suggested the version you were running is not licensed or because you have been off their radar (servers) so long. In either case, try to log back onto their servers with your account. If all fail, contact Litchi support. No way do you need to buy a new license
2017-8-13
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

MerlinL14 Posted at 2017-8-13 10:19
You should just need to log in to Litchi server again for it to 're' recognise your email and password credential.

Swell, and thanks Merlin.
My Lenovo A10-70 tablet had been unused for so long the clock had lost track of time and was reporting 2007!  Once I reset it to the proper date all log-in issues disappeared. It's funny how the clock setting prevented me from even logging into my Chrome account.
In the meantime I downgraded the FW to 1.7.9 and installed the 3.1.6 go app and flew two lipos just around my yard and my Refurb'd Standard behaved really well, using both the Litchi and the go app. I have not considered upgrading to the current Litchi version yet because I'm still having so much fun with the previous version. Tomorrow I'll go to the ball park since there's no games on Monday.
2017-8-13
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-8-13 18:14
Swell, and thanks Merlin.
My Lenovo A10-70 tablet had been unused for so long the clock had lost track of time and was reporting 2007!  Once I reset it to the proper date all log-in issues disappeared. It's funny how the clock setting prevented me from even logging into my Chrome account.
In the meantime I downgraded the FW to 1.7.9 and installed the 3.1.6 go app and flew two lipos just around my yard and my Refurb'd Standard behaved really well, using both the Litchi and the go app. I have not considered upgrading to the current Litchi version yet because I'm still having so much fun with the previous version. Tomorrow I'll go to the ball park since there's no games on Monday.

BTW, I had second thoughts about changing anything so I returned to Android 3.1.3 and 1.8.1. it's as stable as it was 5 months ago.
2017-8-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Betamace Posted at 2017-8-15 10:26
BTW, I had second thoughts about changing anything so I returned to Android 3.1.3 and 1.8.1. it's as stable as it was 5 months ago.

Your Litchi may just be wanting you to sign in if it has been a few months. Your Google play account stores your purchases, and you should be able to download the latest version if you choose to also at NO-Charge.
Oh, I just saw you are back up and running again. Glad to see it.
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules