Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anything to do before selling drone?
5510 9 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

Hi all..

I think i have a buyer for my P3S tomorrow (upgrading to Mavic)...but just wondered if there's anything i need to do before handing it over besides formatting the SD card?

They are new to drones so i said i'd show them the basics prior to buying it, so i still need it to be set up as it is now.

Also, when they buy it, is it just a case of them installing the app and getting on with it...or do i have to 'dis-assosiate it' from my account or something?

Any advice welcomed!

2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The aircraft SN will be bound with your DJI Account once activated, and it can not be changed. Installing the APP and showing them some basic skills will be helpful. For more details. I would recommend they to check the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ser+Manual+v1.4.pdf
2017-8-13
Use props
marvzz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23835 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-13 18:42
The aircraft SN will be bound with your DJI Account once activated, and it can not be changed. Installing the APP and showing them some basic skills will be helpful. For more details. I would recommend they to check the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170623/Phantom+3+Standard+User+Manual+v1.4.pdf

So will the new owner have to use the current owner's account or will they be able to connect to it after creating their own?
2017-8-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

They can create a new account.

Just as banned members to the forum continue to come back with new handles. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-8-14
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-13 18:42
The aircraft SN will be bound with your DJI Account once activated, and it can not be changed. Installing the APP and showing them some basic skills will be helpful. For more details. I would recommend they to check the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170623/Phantom+3+Standard+User+Manual+v1.4.pdf

So can I just delete this account and rejoin once I get my Mavic? I showed them the basics of flying and let them fly it, but obviously that was using my account. When they download the app and set up an account what info of mine will they have access to!?
Also....if the drone is forever linked t my DJI account, what exactly happens if, say, the drone were to be used in an irresponsible / illegal manner somehow and it comes back to me? It seems really daft that the craft can't be linked to a new user...
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-8-14 21:47
So can I just delete this account and rejoin once I get my Mavic? I showed them the basics of flying and let them fly it, but obviously that was using my account. When they download the app and set up an account what info of mine will they have access to!?
Also....if the drone is forever linked t my DJI account, what exactly happens if, say, the drone were to be used in an irresponsible / illegal manner somehow and it comes back to me? It seems really daft that the craft can't be linked to a new user...

You can use the same account when you got the Mavic. As for the new owner, they can create a new account and fly with it. And they couldn't access your account if they do not have the account and password. The current APP requires the pilot to log in one's DJI account, so there is no need to worry about this.
2017-8-17
Use props
keithanim8
Captain
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-17 00:50
You can use the same account when you got the Mavic. As for the new owner, they can create a new account and fly with it. And they couldn't access your account if they do not have the account and password. The current APP requires the pilot to log in one's DJI account, so there is no need to worry about this.

Hi, Susan. Not sure if his question about the S/N has been answered, though. You said that it's (forever?) bound to the first and original owner's account. If so, then I fail to see why we shouldn't be worried if the next owner gets in trouble while using the drone since it is still registered under our name/account even though we aren't the one who was flying it when the incident happened. Or did I just miss or misunderstood something?
2018-9-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

keithanim8 Posted at 2018-9-19 22:17
Hi, Susan. Not sure if his question about the S/N has been answered, though. You said that it's (forever?) bound to the first and original owner's account. If so, then I fail to see why we shouldn't be worried if the next owner gets in trouble while using the drone since it is still registered under our name/account even though we aren't the one who was flying it when the incident happened. Or did I just miss or misunderstood something?

It is not a concern because the registration information is only accessible by DJI. No-one else has any ability to get that data. And DJI do not give it to anyone, even the FAA.
2018-9-19
Use props
keithanim8
Captain
Flight distance : 20591 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-9-19 22:24
It is not a concern because the registration information is only accessible by DJI. No-one else has any ability to get that data. And DJI do not give it to anyone, even the FAA.

I see. Thanks much, mate! Upvote for you.

Heh. And to think I just posted my concern on to another thread. If anyone here sees it, just ignore it.
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

keithanim8 Posted at 2018-9-19 22:17
Hi, Susan. Not sure if his question about the S/N has been answered, though. You said that it's (forever?) bound to the first and original owner's account. If so, then I fail to see why we shouldn't be worried if the next owner gets in trouble while using the drone since it is still registered under our name/account even though we aren't the one who was flying it when the incident happened. Or did I just miss or misunderstood something?

Thanks for getting back. Just as Geebax mentioned, the registered info will not be provided to the third-party without your authorization. In case the drone crashed in the hands of the new owner, the flight records will show this as he/she has to log into his/her DJI Account to fly. Hope this helps.
2018-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules