Buy Mavic for cheaper and risk problems or get P4A?
1005 7 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
goos
New

Lithuania

Hello,
I originally wanted a Mavic however I have seen a lot of people have a 'red hot spot' problem and that if you shoot in 1080p the quality is poor (I don't have a 4k playback device, so I would want to shoot in 1080p... How long does it take to downscale the footage from 4k to 1080p..?). I really love the form factor that the Mavic provides but I do not want to buy a 1k€ drone that does not deliver the advertised quality and to have to spend 1hr+ editting so the footage would look 'good'... Or do only a few people experience these problems?
I would probably just go for the P4A but what bugs me is that I could get the Mavic fly more combo for the same price as P4A, and I would not need to buy an extra case :-)
Thanks for replies!!
2017-8-13
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I still go for the MP nver had a problem. I am still on .700 FW and works beautifully!
2017-8-13
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

If you ever think you might want to hike with the drone to a remote location, get the Mavic (hands down).  Also, if you browse the phantom forums, I am not sure the P4 has fewer problems (check the forums on the Phantom 4) even though it has been out there longer than the Mavic and that generally means more bugs have been removed from the firmware.
2017-8-13
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

I never owned another drone other than my mavic (well one other toy) but it seems to be that the only advantage of P4 is a better camera producing  better image quality - from comparisons ive seen on you tube the image quality is better but not massively so.
The mavic size is a big plus as is bang for yr buck.
But if picture quality is above all else most important for you - then  maybe p4 is better
2017-8-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I don't have a 4K playback device, either, but 2.7-4K video looks significantly better, so that's what I shoot at. My advice is to look at Mavic videos and photos and see if you can pick out the hot spot, and if you can, see if it bothers you.
2017-8-13
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

I would go for the Mavic Pro personally, so portable and a really nice drone. I would though recommend just buying from Amazon, I brought both my Spark and Mavic from DIJ Direct, and unfortunately had some issues with my first Mavic, DJI made no hassle in replacing this however it took around 5 weeks... In comparison I purchased a Phantom 3 Standard from Amazon and it was loosing connection after 50m, after 20days of using it, I returned it to Amazon and next day received a refund. Very impresses with Amazons turn around:  http://amzn.to/2wGYit1
2017-8-13
Use props
goos
New

Croatia

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-13 11:45
If you ever think you might want to hike with the drone to a remote location, get the Mavic (hands down).  Also, if you browse the phantom forums, I am not sure the P4 has fewer problems (check the forums on the Phantom 4) even though it has been out there longer than the Mavic and that generally means more bugs have been removed from the firmware.

I could hike with the P4A but I would need to buy an additional big bag...
2017-8-14
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

goos Posted at 2017-8-14 03:51
I could hike with the P4A but I would need to buy an additional big bag...

I have done that (well with a P3 not a P4) and you won't wind up taking the P4 on most hike but I take the Mavic all the time.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules