Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC and IPHone not seeing each other after Firmware
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oldflyer-141
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1707310 ft
United States

Ok, this has been going for a while and I am hoping someone has a magic answer short of DJI's response of sending it in.

I have a Phantom 3 Pro and I use an IPHONE 7 PLus.  I had no issues at all and always updated to the latest Firmware.  Last month when the new firmware came out.  I went out to fly and it popped up the message about the new firmware, so i flew as normal, two batteries worth with no problems, then when i got home, i charged everything up and then decided to do the firmware.  Everything seemed to go as normal on the update, until i restarted everything, and then i was getting blinking red light on the RC and it wouldnt connect to the PP3.  After some trouble shooting i was able to get the RC and the PP3 to connect but now my IPHONE 7 will not see my RC, it wont even give me the option to go into camera view.  Ive tried with an Android Tablet that i used to use prior to the IPHONE 7 and it does not connect either.

So, do i need to send this controller in?  or is there a way to re-do a firmware update to the controller either through a thumb drive or cable directly to a computer?

Another thing i was thinking of trying, but not sure if it is worth it is ordering a HDMI adapter for my controller and see if that fixes it, so it has a new USB connection.  It is almost like the USB connection on my RC went dead.

I am looking for any suggestions, the part that aggrevates me is all was fine until i did a firmware update, and now DJI is telling me its a Hardware Issue; just doesnt make sense to me, and i really dont want to pay to have it fixed for something I had nothing to do with.  But then i have a $1000 item sitting here i cant do anything with.

Side Note.  I can start the PP3 and the RC and actaully start it up, i just have no display. So the RC and PP3 have a good connection.

2017-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, here's a short concise video, that shares the easy way to accomplish this fix..

You must do a relinking, and you will be back to normal. ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-8-13
Use props
Oldflyer-141
lvl.2
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-13 13:43
Yes, here's a short concise video, that shares the easy way to accomplish this fix.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-SfY3JrRec.

You must do a relinking, and you will be back to normal. ;-)

That is not the problem i am having.  My controller is linked to my drone.  The phone is not seeing the controller.  It is not giving me the option to click on Camera View and get into any settings.  Like i said, almost like the USB port is dead.
2017-8-13
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

try a diff cable. is ur iphone showing charging? did u remove go app, restarted, installed it again, retried? I do not have an iphone, so i am just shooting here.... search around for usb on controller dying after firmware upgrade.. i think it happened to a few. there's a los a procedure to fully reset the controller, that may help too, if it's some sort of corruption that happened.
2017-8-13
Use props
Oldflyer-141
lvl.2
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-8-13 14:20
try a diff cable. is ur iphone showing charging? did u remove go app, restarted, installed it again, retried? I do not have an iphone, so i am just shooting here.... search around for usb on controller dying after firmware upgrade.. i think it happened to a few. there's a los a procedure to fully reset the controller, that may help too, if it's some sort of corruption that happened.

ive tried different cables, and different devices (android) even Iphones.  That is what i am hoping to find is a way to fully reset the controller but am not having any luck.  Any help is appreciated.

And No, when i plug it in it doesnt make any sound or charging indication like it used to.
2017-8-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

This is an odd one. Hmmmm?

RedHotPoker
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

According to your description, I also suspect that the USB connection might be broken. I would recommend to start a case and send it in for diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-13
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-13 19:45
According to your description, I also suspect that the USB connection might be broken. I would recommend to start a case and send it in for diagnosis and repair: http://www.dji.com/support

Susan? Would it be worth having him do a controller reset? U know, that wild sequence when you power it on, while holding 20 buttons, which I cannot quite remember? If you have the procedure - perhaps a last ditch effort to tackle it?
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Phantomski Posted at 2017-8-13 21:07
Susan? Would it be worth having him do a controller reset? U know, that wild sequence when you power it on, while holding 20 buttons, which I cannot quite remember?  If you have the procedure - perhaps a last ditch effort to tackle it?

You can try to hold the C1, C2 and shutter button at the same time, it might be helpful.
2017-8-16
Use props
Oldflyer-141
lvl.2
United States

Ok I sent my controller in a few weeks ago and once it was received I got the standard email stating my exchange would be sent out in 5-7 days.  It's been more than 7 days.  And when I go to the support sight the status has changed to verified. What does verified mean?  Still doesn't show a carrier or tracking number.  
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules