Mavic Pro Flight Distance
5370 21 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

I am having a challenge with my Mavic Pro. No matter what distance settings I select it won't go past a short distance, and high is also effected.  
beginner mode is off, multi flight modes are enabled.

Anyone offer some advice?

2017-8-13
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Did you log into your DJI account in DJI GO 4?
2017-8-13
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-13 13:43
Did you log into your DJI account in DJI GO 4?

Not on this flight, I will give it a shot and see.
2017-8-13
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2017-8-13 13:46
Not on this flight, I will give it a shot and see.

I logged on, and didn't see where to make a change.  
2017-8-13
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

Just flew with it Logged in and no difference,  I changed the settings and can't fly past about 150 feet.  
2017-8-13
Use props
PY4CK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Check the video below. You might be on beginner's mode.

2017-8-13
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

Checked that, and its off!  Its one of the first things I checked.  Re-did all the distance and height settings.  Like its stuck in beginners mode but its turned off
2017-8-13
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2017-8-13 14:22
Checked that, and its off!  Its one of the first things I checked.  Re-did all the distance and height settings.  Like its stuck in beginners mode but its turned off

I assume you are using the controller and not wifi. There is another setting... Enable Max Distance, check to verify that is enabled.
2017-8-13
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

Yes I did that, Yes using the controller. Just found out the Latest update is the challenge. It limits the height and distance via the restricted areas.  I guess my house is in one of those areas.  I will have to check in an area that is not inhabited.  Thanks for your input
2017-8-13
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

How are you coming to the conclusion that you live in an area that's restricted because it's inhabited?
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Did you get any prompts when you flew to the max distance of your drone? Had you updated your drone and RC's firmware?
2017-8-13
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2017-8-13 15:09
Yes I did that, Yes using the controller. Just found out the Latest update is the challenge. It limits the height and distance via the restricted areas.  I guess my house is in one of those areas.  I will have to check in an area that is not inhabited.  Thanks for your input

Are you saying that you're flying your Mavic with the RC only, i.e. without a mobile device attached to the RC?
If that is the case, then indeed the flight height is limited to 30 meters and the flight distance is limited to 50 meters.
You must attach a mobile device to the RC and you must have signed into your DJI account in DJI GO 4 at least once to be able to fly your Mavic higher and farther than the limits mentioned above.
Exit Beginner Mode as well.
Could you please confirm this?
2017-8-13
Use props
luxiaoning
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8743 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2017-8-13 15:09

Hi Mate, please check whether your APP is the latest version. I experienced the same issue, and fixed it through updating APP. Have a try....
2017-8-13
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

luxiaoning Posted at 2017-8-13 23:39
Hi Mate, please check whether your APP is the latest version. I experienced the same issue, and fixed it through updating APP. Have a try....

I updated, and now I have un-installed the App and re-installed it.  Hope this fixes the challenges
2017-8-14
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-8-13 22:20
Are you saying that you're flying your Mavic with the RC only, i.e. without a mobile device attached to the RC?
If that is the case, then indeed the flight height is limited to 30 meters and the flight distance is limited to 50 meters.
You must attach a mobile device to the RC and you must have signed into your DJI account in DJI GO 4 at least once to be able to fly your Mavic higher and farther than the limits mentioned above.

I am not in RC only, Phone attached.  Have flown many times and no problems, Beginner mode is off, and logged into my Account.  I have uninstalled the Go4 app and re-installed it.  Hope this fixes the problem
2017-8-14
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-13 20:11
Did you get any prompts when you flew to the max distance of your drone? Had you updated your drone and RC's firmware?

I update when Prompted, I have flown many times and no challenges.  Its after the Last update, and restricted zones updates that I have this problem.  I have doubled checked my settings.  Now I have uninstalled the go4 app and did a re-install.  Have also logged into my dji account.  
Hope this fixes the challenges
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2017-8-14 19:17
I update when Prompted, I have flown many times and no challenges.  Its after the Last update, and restricted zones updates that I have this problem.  I have doubled checked my settings.  Now I have uninstalled the go4 app and did a re-install.  Have also logged into my dji account.  
Hope this fixes the challenges

So you are living in a restricted area, right? If so, the limitation of the distance can not be changed unless you apply for unlocking.
2017-8-15
Use props
MARSAN
lvl.4
Belgium

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2017-8-14 19:13
I am not in RC only, Phone attached.  Have flown many times and no problems, Beginner mode is off, and logged into my Account.  I have uninstalled the Go4 app and re-installed it.  Hope this fixes the problem

Check in DJI GO 4 whether RC and AC have the latest firmware versions installed and that they are identical.
In the DJI GO 4 tap "Me" at the bottom right, then the gear wheel (Settings) at the top right.
Make sure you see a red "Sign Out" in the Settings.
For what it's worth, tap "Reset Beginner's Guide" and then OK.
Now I'm out of ideas...
2017-8-15
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-15 00:07
So you are living in a restricted area, right? If so, the limitation of the distance can not be changed unless you apply for unlocking.

I don't think I am, but the Mavic must think I am, because it won't fly very Far.
2017-8-16
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

Great news and thanks everyone for helping me with my problems!  After doing a re-install the Mavic (Skeeter) is working great.  
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Drop Zone Media Posted at 2017-8-16 18:32
Great news and thanks everyone for helping me with my problems!  After doing a re-install the Mavic (Skeeter) is working great.

Thanks for the feedback. But I am curious about what had been reinstalled? The firmware of the drone or the DJI GO 4 app?
2017-8-17
Use props
Drop Zone Media
lvl.3
United States

I un-installed the Dji Go4 app and did a reinstall.  
2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules