Spark heading trouble Erratic compass
1141 5 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RoK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1245154 ft
Norway

Trouble DJI Spark, I bought it with the idea of ​​having a drone for travel and avoid having to carry my P4P. The experience with the Spark has been terrifying in at least 5 occasions on my trip to New York and Norway. I have been about to lose it since either the app disconnects or unexpected IMU and compass failures by entering ATT mode with no GPS data. As in other opportunities video signal disconnection ... the best of the worlds to have a fly away if you do not have previous experience with drones. Compass calibration on every single flight and IMU calibration required by the app in two occasions don't solve the problem...fly with caution this Baby or you will lost it soon if you don't have your toolbox of tricks....On the photo, the space between my Spark and my remote was ATTi mode  (19 satellites?) and returning Home relaying on video feed for orientation and a very unstable flight back on a 10 kts wind. There are several people reporting this issue.
IMG_9006.PNG
2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

honestly ... sounds like you have a defective spark..    sounds oddly similar to my first spark where it have ton of GPS signals and would for reasons i doubt anyone would know, flipped to atti mode then got ton of compass errors and IMU issues, even had a gyroscope error a few times before my gimbal broke and even GPS errors with 17+ sats.... ya... i returned it got another, and my new one, same places i test flow it, solid as a rock..   

i suggest exchanging it or getting another under warranty or insurance before this one flies away from you.  because it sounds like hardware issue and spark will get confused with all these errors trying to return home.
2017-8-13
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

What firmware version?
What is Your spark production date? (http://djiserialdecoder.x10host.com)
Do You have 'gesture modes' enabled in options?
2017-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Kyokshin there is no gesture mode toggles ....only under intelligent flight modes...and u cant fly away with gesture mode....so u mean obstacle avoidance? How would that have anything to do with it
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

What is the firmware of the drone, could you please refer to the video below to export the data of these flights, then upload them to the Dropbox, I'll forward them to our engineers to check what happened.
2017-8-13
Use props
JoeCec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=kfxtxKd69f4
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now