Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Clear Cover showing up on images
1021 13 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MavicCBR
lvl.1
Australia

Hi,
The clear camera cover/dome appears on the pictures and video being taken by the Mavic Pro. Looking from the camera POV its the left hand side, appears in the bottom left quarter like an arc of glare from the sun however it is not. I have tried it several times in/out of sunlight, sun behind/infront, different camera settings etc.
Has anyone had a similar issue with the cover?

Cheers
2017-8-13
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you need to take picture or videos you need to take the conver out. For just flying then you can leave the cover on to protect the gimball.
2017-8-13
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Not supposed to fly with it on.  
2017-8-13
Use props
JohnnyMav
New
United States

I have same problem. It's a confirmed camera defect according to this: refinedimpact.com/mavic-pro-glare
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If you fly the drone with gimbal cover, lens flare might occur when there is a sunlight to the camera. Please try to fly it without the gimbal cover. And other suggestion is to avoid direct sunlight to the camera.
2017-8-13
Use props
MavicCBR
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-13 19:23
If you fly the drone with gimbal cover, lens flare might occur when there is a sunlight to the camera. Please try to fly it without the gimbal cover. And other suggestion is to avoid direct sunlight to the camera.

Thanks for the advice, will try it out
2017-8-13
Use props
Ready4Launch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51401 ft
United States

Yep - I have the same exact thing.  I know others have said this already, but I'm flying with mine still on until I get a bit more confident with it.
2017-8-21
Use props
Chemical
New
United States

I thought you weren't suppose to fly with it on AT ALL?!?! There's vents behind the camera that need airflow... good way to drastically shorten the life of the quad in my opinion. Or perhaps fall out the sky?
2017-8-22
Use props
Nazar78
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5106037 ft
Singapore

Get the few bucks sunshade hood instead to somewhat protect the gimbal/camera. Sudden fast actions will appear in the vid especially flying in sports mode which covers nearly half the screen. For cinematic flying it's great.
2017-8-22
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

Chemical Posted at 2017-8-22 03:16
I thought you weren't suppose to fly with it on AT ALL?!?! There's vents behind the camera that need airflow... good way to drastically shorten the life of the quad in my opinion. Or perhaps fall out the sky?

According to DJI you can fly with it on without having airflow issues. It is designed for it.
2017-8-22
Use props
Fistel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 491158 ft
Germany

No, this doesn´t work. Some sunlight in front, and you see the reflection / flare. But that´s a normal effect. Nothing broken here.

I bought the darker cover. Seller said, it has a similar effect as a ND8 filter. Maybe, but I got flares all the flight. So it is useless. For good quality - please remove.
2017-8-22
Use props
Brum Ken
lvl.4
Flight distance : 787877 ft
United Kingdom

I only put the cover on when I pack away I never fly with it on
2017-8-22
Use props
DocAraxá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Brum Ken Posted at 2017-8-22 04:54
I only put the cover on when I pack away I never fly with it on

I do the exactly the same procedure.
2017-8-22
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

There is a slot cut in the gimbal cover to allow for airflow. If I'm just goofing around I leave the plastic on.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules