Rural Flying
1865 16 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Don't know if any of u have experienced this but usually I fly in a populated area of 3.5 million people but this week I was in the country with a population of 65 people with no internet access and my P3S flew flawlessly, I used both the litchi and go app and never had one problem or warning, flying 4 times daily for 5 days... It was fantastic! Im of the opinion now that it's not the AC, RC, DJI or OS we useing, it's the environment we fly in... What do u think?
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I agree with you. Thanks for your positive feedback. Enjoy it and happy flying!
2017-8-14
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

No ones disputing that less interference means better quality transmission / longer range.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Yes. Flight distance sometimes relates to the flight environment. Also, the position of the antennas makes a great effort, too. Always keep the remote controller’s antennas are positioned parallel to and are pointed towards the aircraft in order to receive a better signal.
2017-8-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

But, most of us don't want to drive for hours just to fly.
2017-8-14
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

I only had to drive 1800 klms, lol... But soon it will be home!
2017-8-14
Use props
Frederickdav
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20804 ft
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-8-14 06:58
I only had to drive 1800 klms, lol... But soon it will be home!

I need to try that.  An hours drive for an hours worth of quality flying time sounds like a good deal.
2017-8-14
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

Geez.......i must have it good !  Have to drive for close to an hour to get to a populated area !
2017-8-14
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, you will get better signal strength when there is no congestion. There has never been any question about that.
2017-8-14
Use props
Porktree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
  • >>>
United States

LOL -I will question that.  I live in a rural area and get 'strong interference' messages frequently.  There is no interference.
2017-8-14
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Guess I'm one of the lucky one, all I have to do is go out my door and fly with no interference. I live out in the country, pop around 5000 a few miles away. Nearest large population (15,000) is 30 miles away.
2017-8-14
Use props
NM_Quad
lvl.4
United States

I agree with the OP.  I live rural in New Mexico and many of my flights are a project photographing remote historical sites.  I've never had a problem with my 2+ year old P3S, running the original software/firmware out of the box (RC 2.7.1 AC 1.2.40), no cell phone coverage and have always gotten 6,000-7,000 ft. range when I needed to do so.  Never tried to see what the maximum range is.  But, when I fly in town or near Albuquerque or Santa Fe, it's constant NFZ alerts, interference and compass warnings and a drop into ATTI.  In town, I loose control due to heavy interference flying near stores like Walmart due to all of their internal wireless that overwhelms the Phantom even 3-4 blocks away.  I do think many of the problems you read about on this forum are due to underestimating how trashy the radio spectrum is in the cities around the 2.4 and 5.8 GHz utilized by the Phantom.  Out in the country - smooth flying.  I've seen the radio environment in our small town (10,000  people) on a spectrum analyzer and it is ugly and must be 10 times worst in the city.  There's little solution except when flying and you get a strong interference or compass warning, don't ignore it.  Halt your bird and bring it back closer to you (away from the interference) or home before the interference gets stronger, you loose control, and claim you had a DJI induced flyaway.  Nobody really likes reading those lost bird posts.  Good luck to all.
2017-8-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-14 04:26
But, most of us don't want to drive for hours just to fly.

Some of us don't need to drive for hours to go fly
2017-8-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-8-14 17:03
Some of us don't need to drive for hours to go fly

Yeah, exactly. If I was driving somewhere for hours, it would be a holiday. Haha

But yes, the country is beautiful. From the videos we see from all over the planet, shows the beauty we all have around us. When ever you have a chance, to get away from the concrete jungle, is good.

RedHotPoker
2017-8-14
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-8-14 17:21
Yeah, exactly. If I was driving somewhere for hours, it would be a holiday. Haha

But yes, the country is beautiful. From the videos we see from all over the planet, shows the beauty we all have around us. When ever you have a chance, to get away from the concrete jungle, is good.

I'd like to come visit and fly my drone in Banff.  
2017-8-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

blackcrusader Posted at 2017-8-14 21:36
I'd like to come visit and fly my drone in Banff.

Well you should do that. You won't find awesome scenery like it anywhere else.

It's really special up here for sure. Banff and Canmore are similarly God gifted grandure.

There's even a popular song about the Rocky Mountains which pretty well sums it up.
No not the John Denver classic, but this one.

Have a great day... ;-)

RedHotPoker

2017-8-15
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Yes, I just went threw Canmore and the crows nest, same range of mountain, but couldn't see a thing with the smoke from forest fires, I would recommend you make it in the fall or around June. After that it's fire season and it'll be tough to get a good shot. I am going threw banf on Thursday, don't expect to get any good shots with the fires still burning hard... But it is beautiful country for sure
2017-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules