Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Missing Foot/Base Clip (Need New Part)
623 8 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9887dca
New
United Kingdom

Hi everyone. First thread, so I apologies if this has been asked before, but I got a little lost searching as I think this question is quite unique....

So at some point (possibly when I stupidily had a little bump with my Spark today), I've managed to lose one of the base clips(?) that are attached to bottom part of the motor/propeller leg.

LINK

I only noticed after I got home, so I'll never find it and now need a replacement - which is quite a hard thing to find, other than the link attached but I'm in the UK. Anyone know where I can pick one of these up? Be it via DJI or somewhere online? I need one asap, because I'm using the drone abroad in a month and the electronics are currently exposed without the item there.

Cheers.
2017-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Foot? Base clamp? U mean led cover? Lol shortage right now dji says  it will be tough to find one
2017-8-13
Use props
fansa9887dca
New
United Kingdom

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2017-8-13 20:17
Foot? Base clamp? U mean led cover? Lol shortage right now dji says  it will be tough to find one

If that's the official name, then yeah that part.

So do DJI sell them through their site/store? Plus any ideas where I could get one in the UK?
2017-8-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

This is the LED cover and this part is not available for selling now. We suggest sending the drone in and we will take care of it.
Please fill in some info on our online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2017-8-14
Use props
lucsvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Dear DJI, Wouldn't it be easier to send out the part instead of the expensive cost of shipping the drone (to you and back to us)?  Not only that, the drone is probably still flyable and us owners need to part with our new toy so that you can replace the part.  I strongly recommend your senior management team in getting some SERVICE MANAGEMENT training.  End to end I think your service is by far the worst I've seen in a long time.  

PS: Don't you have distributors that could be used to sell parts for the Spark?

2017-8-14
Use props
STech - Hathder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

lucsvette Posted at 2017-8-14 04:03
Dear DJI, Wouldn't it be easier to send out the part instead of the expensive cost of shipping the drone (to you and back to us)?  Not only that, the drone is probably still flyable and us owners need to part with our new toy so that you can replace the part.  I strongly recommend your senior management team in getting some SERVICE MANAGEMENT training.  End to end I think your service is by far the worst I've seen in a long time.  

PS: Don't you have distributors that could be used to sell parts for the Spark?

Why sell parts if DJI can sell a new drone to those that need parts?  or to those that disassembly a new spark to sell parts.

I think thats how some brands thinks..

and, why make a recall and admit that sparks are having serious problems if whe can just fix the ones that owners send to us on warranty?

and, why make a public advise  that dji sparks has serious problems and have a bunch of law suits all over the world, if whe can just dont admit and fix the few ones that return on warranty?

( sorry for my english)
2017-8-14
Use props
fansa9887dca
New
United Kingdom

Thank you for the replies but this really not what I was hoping to hear. I do not have time to send this off for you guy to simple put a single LED cover onto it, when you could charge me for a new one and I could easily place it back on.

This is not a MAJOR repair, and I really don't want to have to box and ship my whole drone off at my cost for this small part. Do you guys not stock these?
2017-8-14
Use props
lucsvette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

fansa9887dca Posted at 2017-8-14 07:20
Thank you for the replies but this really not what I was hoping to hear. I do not have time to send this off for you guy to simple put a single LED cover onto it, when you could charge me for a new one and I could easily place it back on.

This is not a MAJOR repair, and I really don't want to have to box and ship my whole drone off at my cost for this small part. Do you guys not stock these?

That was my whole point of my reply.  good luck and let us know how you make out ...
2017-8-14
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073VZ3QKG?tag=sparkpilots-21
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced