2496 12 2017-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hemang
New
Flight distance : 20495 ft
India

Hi,
Is there a way to disable the emergency shutdown feature of spark by tilting in 90 degrees?
I have read posts where many people mentioning that a sudden gust of wind can flip your drone and if it flips 90 Degrees then it will shut down.
Although I don't believe it as the drone handles it self very well in windy conditions.
But this feature should be available to avoid the pilot error.
Thanks

2017-8-13
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately you cannot.   The IMUs are baked deep into the heart of how it stabilizes itself.    Side note.. wat type of crazy winds are people flying int that that getting spark at 90 degrees of compensation?

Also, unknown wat causing sparks falling, theories are all over the place and having flown headfirst into a storm fighting 15-20 mph winds and rain that was blinding, I don’t know wat crazy wind people are getting themselves into but I find it hard to believe that’s wind would trigger IMU cut off and if it did the wind far to strong to even fly into..
2017-8-14
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-14 00:25
Unfortunately you cannot.   The IMUs are baked deep into the heart of how it stabilizes itself.    Side note.. wat type of crazy winds are people flying int that that getting spark at 90 degrees of compensation?

Also when my Spark fell from a hovering position, it totally shut down, no lights and the battery was off when I picked it up off the floor.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-14 01:01
Also when my Spark fell from a hovering position, it totally shut down, no lights and the battery was off when I picked it up off the floor.

Sorry to hear about this, have you reported this to the Support? They'll start a case and submit a data analysis to check what happened.
2017-8-14
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 01:13
Sorry to hear about this, have you reported this to the Support? They'll start a case and submit a data analysis to check what happened.

i submitted my logs to DJI a few weeks ago but nothing happened. Luckily my Spark wasn't damaged, but I'm not using the same battery it crashed with. I'm waiting for DJI to confirm there is a firmware issue with certain batteries and produce a fix for them.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-14 01:23
i submitted my logs to DJI a few weeks ago but nothing happened. Luckily my Spark wasn't damaged, but I'm not using the same battery it crashed with. I'm waiting for DJI to confirm there is a firmware issue with certain batteries and produce a fix for them.

How did you submit the logs to DJI, via email? Do you have a ticket number or case number? Please provide me with it, I'd like to escalate it for you.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

It can't be disabled, besides, it is not recommended to use this feature unless in an emergency.
2017-8-14
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 01:37
How did you submit the logs to DJI, via email? Do you have a ticket number or case number? Please provide me with it, I'd like to escalate it for you.

I replied and supplied logs here. Message #157 http://forum.dji.com/thread-103039-4-1.html
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-14 01:52
I replied and supplied logs here. Message #157 http://forum.dji.com/thread-103039-4-1.html

Thank you, I just checked it, it seems that you only exported the flight controller data, no black box data and no flight controller log data. Is it able to export the rest of data about this flight for further analysis? Thank you in advance!
2017-8-14
Use props
Bobesh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 270840 ft
Czechia

Mine fell just for no reason, no wind at all.
2017-8-14
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

there is no way to disable shutdown, it would be nice if we had this option but many clain its a necessity.
2017-8-14
Use props
fans5d9349b7
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 02:07
Thank you, I just checked it, it seems that you only exported the flight controller data, no black box data and no flight controller log data. Is it able to export the rest of data about this flight for further analysis? Thank you in advance! DJI Quick Tips - Spark - Exporting the Flight Data

I'll do that when I get home - if the logs are still there from weeks ago.

Could you please ask your engineers if the Spark is capable of sending a shut down command to its battery? I mean, I can't see any reason the Spark would ever need to turn its battery off, the battery should be intelligent enough to turn itself off in the case of a malfunction or low battery status, or with the button press combo. My Spark totally shut down, and I had to turn the battery back on. At 70%.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans5d9349b7 Posted at 2017-8-14 03:04
I'll do that when I get home - if the logs are still there from weeks ago.

Could you please ask your engineers if the Spark is capable of sending a shut down command to its battery? I mean, I can't see any reason the Spark would ever need to turn its battery off, the battery should be intelligent enough to turn itself off in the case of a malfunction or low battery status, or with the button press combo. My Spark totally shut down, and I had to turn the battery back on. At 70%.

Thanks, it is hard to say what caused this accident without the data analyzed. Please reply me with the data ASAP, I'll forward the data to our engineers for analysis, will do our best to find out the cause ASAP.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules