Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gesture mode not working well anymore
682 5 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ernieken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547641 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Allthough not used often in the past gesture mode worked fine on my Spark. Since the last fw upgrade I notice gesture mode isn't working correctly anymore. Seems face recognition isn't working well. After a while the lights went green so I waved the Spark goodby. He went up and backwards a few meters but when making the selfie gesture it came back to it's starting point. Strange. Btw, new mode for capturing video in gesture mode isn't working for me neither.
I always connect first my Ipad before flying in gesture mode, in case Spark starts behaving strange.
For the rest I have no issues with my Spark.
Do you see the same behavior or is gesture mode still working for for all of you?
2017-8-14
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gesture mode seems to be very sensitive to ambient lighting and the colors the pilot is wearing.
2017-8-14
Use props
ernieken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547641 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Will try it again this evening wearing clothes with higher visibility/contrast to the surroundings. I'm flying in my garden so I think a red shirt should contrast well with green.
2017-8-14
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.4
Canada

You are not alone. There are many other pilots, including me, that are experiencing VERY BAD gestures performance after the latest firmware upgrade. It was working perfectly before. Now, it's so bad I can't even demo the feature to people anymore.
2017-8-14
Use props
dezign999
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27297 ft
United States

Black Shirts = Gesture Mode Failures
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Check a few spots to see if this is an environment issue or perhaps something else. By environment, is it possible that you are standing in an area that makes facial recognition confused?
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules