2022 15 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

The attitude indicator (bottom left of the display) is off by 90 degrees to the left, i.e. when facing directly towards the drone with the controller, it (incorrectly) says it is 90 degrees to my left instead.

I have calibrated the Mavic and the aircraft attitude arrow correctly says it is pointing North (N) when it is facing north. Likewise the iPhone compass is correct and points correctly to north.

Any idea how to fix this?

IMG_1526.PNG
2017-8-14
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

That (the radar) does not indicate attitude (the angle for the Mavic relative to level) nor does it indicate where the drone is relative to your position but rather it's relative to home position which may or may not be your position at the time. What Ii think we are seeing here is that the home position may be off just a bit.  When the Mavic gets further away from you, this will become more accurate in terms of relative position.
2017-8-14
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-14 08:19
That (the radar) does not indicate attitude (the angle for the Mavic relative to level) nor does it indicate where the drone is relative to your position but rather it's relative to home position which may or may not be your position at the time. What Ii think we are seeing here is that the home position may be off just a bit.  When the Mavic gets further away from you, this will become more accurate in terms of relative position.

My P4P+ attitude indicator works fine, and my Mavic did too until recently.
2017-8-14
Use props
Qoncussion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31867 ft
United States

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-14 08:27

Interesting... Seeing as that is not how it works. As mentioned above, it is on relevant to the crafts home point. Put the craft out (away from you) by 10+ meters, and walk around it with your controller in hand. The radar won't move - as it is not relative to you or your controller. It is simply a tool to reorient your craft towards home (the original take-off or home-point).
2017-8-14
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

Mine was off on several occasions and eventually i figured out that the magnetic clasp from my phone case had screwed up the internal compass of the phone. Now i calibrate the compass of the phone before the flight and the attitude indicator is spot on.
2017-8-14
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-14 08:27

Really?  What exactly do you think it indicates?  
2017-8-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dan, this is the orientation and not the attitude and you are right it is off but to your right. As Martin suggested, try to recalibrate your phone and see if it works!
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The app uses the compass data from the mobile device. If the attitude indicator is not pointing to the actual direction of the drone, please try to calibrate the mobile device's compass or reinstall the app.
2017-8-14
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Qoncussion Posted at 2017-8-14 08:55
Interesting... Seeing as that is not how it works. As mentioned above, it is on relevant to the crafts home point. Put the craft out (away from you) by 10+ meters, and walk around it with your controller in hand. The radar won't move - as it is not relative to you or your controller. It is simply a tool to reorient your craft towards home (the original take-off or home-point).

I am guessing you are using some kind of Android device? For iOS devices (and the P4P+ controller), the radar will re-orientate based on the direction of the controller. Some android devices don't have an inbuilt compass so it won't work.

2017-8-14
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-8-14 11:22
Really?  What exactly do you think it indicates?

For iOS devices (and the P4P+ controller), the radar will re-orientate based on the direction of the controller. Point the controller directly at the aircraft and the radar should show it directly in front of you. I am guessing you are using a Android device with no internal compass so this feature won't be available to you.
2017-8-14
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
United States

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-14 20:34
For iOS devices (and the P4P+ controller), the radar will re-orientate based on the direction of the controller. Point the controller directly at the aircraft and the radar should show it directly in front of you. I am guessing you are using a Android device with no internal compass so this feature won't be available to you.

Nope, I am all IOS (iPhone 7 and iPad Mini4). What you say is true about the orientation but the positions are relative to home point not your location which may or may not be the same as home point.
2017-8-15
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-14 19:04
The app uses the compass data from the mobile device. If the attitude indicator is not pointing to the actual direction of the drone, please try to calibrate the mobile device's compass or reinstall the app.

Thanks, DJI Thor.

I tried both of these, but it didn't fix it. Interestingly my P4P with the same phone/DJI GO4 doesn't have this issue. My P3S with the same phone but with DJI GO also doesn't have this issue and the radar is correct.

The Mavic arrow points correctly to North when pointed that way, so seems to be correctly calibrated, so not sure why this is(?).
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-16 22:32
Thanks, DJI Thor.

I tried both of these, but it didn't fix it. Interestingly my P4P with the same phone/DJI GO4 doesn't have this issue. My P3S with the same phone but with DJI GO also doesn't have this issue and the radar is correct.

Thanks for the feedback, I had forwarded this case to our engineers, will reply you once I heard from them.
2017-8-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dancopter Posted at 2017-8-16 22:32
Thanks, DJI Thor.

Hi Dan, we need more data from you. Could you please tell us what mobile device and the app version are you using? Had you shot or recorded at that time? And could you please export the flight record and the flight data of this flight and upload them to Dropbox so we can check more about this? Thank you so much.
Flight record is on your mobile device. For iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, find the flight records in the DJI GO app, and copy the FlightRecord folder to the computer.
Flight data is on your drone.
Here's the tutorial for your reference:
2017-8-21
Use props
pixy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2418684 ft
Japan

こんにちは

私も、同じ症状です。
crystalsky5.5使用で、mavicを.1000にアップデートしたら、コンパスがずれました。
crystalskyは、最新ファームウェアで、全てのキャリブレーションを行いましたが、治らない。
2017-8-27
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

In my case it is clearly related to an interference with my iPhone compassa from the remote. Depending on how I position the phone the compass will be off my 30-60 degrees. Using a long cable and keeping it away from the remote makes it more accurate.
2017-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules