Help! Maximum flight distance of 30 meters!!!!!
10137 25 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c05a217
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

Just updated to firmware 1.11.20 this morning (also updated controller to latest) and now I can't fly further than about 30 meters. Enable maximum flight distance is not turned on. When I do turn it on and set it to 500 meters, it will still only fly out to 30 meters before I get a warning that says maximum flight distance reached. A little osd pops up telling me to change the main controller settings.

Any ideas? I just sold this on ebay last night and need to ship it to the buyer for his son's birthday today.
2017-8-14
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You need to update both controller and drone, and login with your DJI credentials. This is a new flight safety rule by DJI.
2017-8-14
Use props
xfighter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3799 ft
Palestine

the new app has a bug downgrade your app to 3.1.13
2017-8-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Ooops!  Hold off on the "happy birthdays" lol
2017-8-14
Use props
SLP Hawk
New
United States

I have the same problem, it started yesterday. I have only had my phantom 3 for 4 days. I updated everything 4 days ago and all was fine up until yesterday. Not the way I want to start off with my first drone.......
2017-8-14
Use props
SLP Hawk
New
United States

How do you update the controller?
2017-8-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The controller will update with the aircraft thru the dji go app
2017-8-14
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-8-14 09:33
You need to update both controller and drone, and login with your DJI credentials. This is a new flight safety rule by DJI.

Why does everyone keep insisting that the problem goes away once you log out and then back in again to your account?
I have updated my drone, my remote, my batteries, my DJI GO app.... AND I logged out and then back in again and the altitude and distance restrictions are stuck at 30m.
Yes, I have checked the settings on beginner mode and YES, I have also checked the max distance settings etc,,,
The issue started after I updated the DJI GO app and that is what the problem is.....
If someone can take me step by step on how I can upload the old DJI GO version 3.1.3 onto my iPad then please help...otherwise I am stuck with DJI's stupid update
2017-8-14
Use props
fans3c05a217
lvl.2
United States

FishinTexas2015 Posted at 2017-8-14 15:00
Why does everyone keep insisting that the problem goes away once you log out and then back in again to your account?
I have updated my drone, my remote, my batteries, my DJI GO app.... AND I logged out and then back in again and the altitude and distance restrictions are stuck at 30m.
Yes, I have checked the settings on beginner mode and YES, I have also checked the max distance settings etc,,,

Not sure WHICH of these extra steps was the trick, but doing them restored everything to normal.

1) Sync your flight logs.
2) Log out of the app.
3) Uninstall the app.
4) Re-install the app.
5) Login.

After that, it was all fine.
2017-8-14
Use props
fans3c05a217
lvl.2
United States

fans3c05a217 Posted at 2017-8-14 17:54
Not sure WHICH of these extra steps was the trick, but doing them restored everything to normal.

Apparently my account was hacked or something as there's a strange name in place of my user name.
2017-8-14
Use props
sorka
lvl.2
United States

Just set it back but apparently it doesn't updates posts that had the other user name.
2017-8-14
Use props
FishinTexas2015
lvl.2

United States

I will try each of those steps tomorrow.
I have already deleted the current version and reloaded it and I logged off and back in again but the issue is still there.
Tomorrow I will log off and then delete the app and then i will load the app again and sign back in... I sure hope that will work because if it doesn;t then I am pretty much done with this
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to reinstall the app and log in again. If the drone is locked by 50 meters distance even when you log in the account, that might because the login info had not connected to the flight controller successfully. Try to log in again or reinstall the app.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So now the drone is unlocked now, right? Thanks for the feedback.
2017-8-14
Use props
Fabio84
lvl.1
Italy

I think last version of the DJI GO App has a bug...
Despite I'm always logged-in with my DJI credentials, sometimes the drone flies normally and sometimes it reached maximum altitude/altitude in a few meters.
I reached the way to get over this trouble logging out the App...Logging in...Closing the App...Opening the App...
You can check the normal working of the drone also by the simulator integrated in the DJI GO App.
At the moment this is the only way I've found to solve the trouble.
Hope to be helpful.
2017-8-15
Use props
Fabio84
lvl.1
Italy

I don't think you need to uninstall the App...but only log out, then log in and then close and reopen.
2017-8-15
Use props
kndll
lvl.4
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Canada

try logging out , turn off phone ,  turn on phone , log back in
2017-8-15
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is the only way I can get the restrictions to go away. Can someone Please Help?
2) Log out of the app.
3) Uninstall the app.
4) Re-install the app.
5) Login
2017-8-15
Use props
sorka
lvl.2
United States

Roger1167 Posted at 2017-8-15 12:39
This is the only way I can get the restrictions to go away. Can someone Please Help?
2) Log out of the app.

That's what did it for me.
2017-8-16
Use props
bebb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104708 ft

United States

Switch to KittyHawk app in flight to get past the limits.  Then go back to DJI go.
2017-8-19
Use props
fans4f7bd3b6
New
India

I am having same problem. I tried everything reinstalling the app batteries etched. But it still stuck at 30m
2017-12-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans4f7bd3b6 Posted at 2017-12-11 11:36
I am having same problem. I tried everything reinstalling the app batteries etched. But it still stuck at 30m

You need to sign out of your account in the app and then sign in again.
2017-12-11
Use props
timeonthewater
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26158 ft
Canada

I have the same problem after upgrading to firmware 1.11.20. I have done all of the recommended fixes. Non work. I also  have an error Transmission Signal Weak and Firmware Upgrade Required. I spent 2 hours with DJI support trying to resolve the problem.
2017-12-12
Use props
timeonthewater
lvl.1
Canada

I have the same problem after upgrading to firmware 1.11.20. I have done all of the recommended fixes. Non work. I also  have an error Transmission Signal Weak and Firmware Upgrade Required. I spent 2 hours with DJI support trying to resolve the problem. Ultimately Phantom 3 pro will no longer work with Android devices. All of my Samsung devices worked 3 versions ago. Once the new version of Android came out I was down to my phone only. Now nothing and they do not intend to fix it. Now I have to decide whether to purchase an ipad or another drone manufacture. Pathetic support
2017-12-12
Use props
Mjb123
New

United Kingdom

timeonthewater Posted at 2017-12-12 12:39
I have the same problem after upgrading to firmware 1.11.20. I have done all of the recommended fixes. Non work. I also  have an error Transmission Signal Weak and Firmware Upgrade Required. I spent 2 hours with DJI support trying to resolve the problem. Ultimately Phantom 3 pro will no longer work with Android devices. All of my Samsung devices worked 3 versions ago. Once the new version of Android came out I was down to my phone only. Now nothing and they do not intend to fix it. Now I have to decide whether to purchase an ipad or another drone manufacture. Pathetic support

So with what appears to be a number of problems post the latest update, are there any benefits to this?
2017-12-13
Use props
timeonthewater
lvl.1
Canada

Mjb123 Posted at 2017-12-13 05:46
So with what appears to be a number of problems post the latest update, are there any benefits to this?

Do you mean is there benefits to the upgrade? I have no idea. I did find one thing that was interesting. I have been trying to upgrade the controller with an SD card. I could never tell of the upgrade ever finish. If I checked the text file it said the firmware was already at this version. This time I upgraded using my phone connected to the controller and it worked. This led me to another procedure including pairing the drone and controller again. I managed to get it working for one time only. As soon as I shut it off that was it, same error was back.
2017-12-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules