1200 10 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here is an update to my issue. Purchased Litchi as a test. With one set of goggles connected map and Litchi works fine. Have no issues with distant flights. However when 2 sets of goggles are connected, range is limited to 99 feet. This occurs with DJI GO 4 or with Litchi, despite the fact the apps are signed in.

Have been trying to resolve this for 3 1/2 days and contacted DJI support. Bobby states this a known firmware issue and will take a month to rectify. They are also aware that DJI GO 4 app keeps losing the map when restarted and a fix is suppose to be out in the next week.
2017-8-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you register and activated BOTH goggles?
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to restart the drone and relaunch the app to see will it help to eliminate the limitation. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.
2017-8-14
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-8-14 17:51
Did you register and activated BOTH goggles?

Yes I did.
2017-8-15
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-14 19:28
Please try to restart the drone and relaunch the app to see will it help to eliminate the limitation. Please keep us updated if the problem persists, thank you.

Yes did this many times, still will not fly higher of further then 99 feet.
2017-8-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Sorry dude...Keep us posted then.

Good luck.

2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HoverGuy Posted at 2017-8-15 11:16
Yes did this many times, still will not fly higher of further then 99 feet.

Just to verify, is it the range be limited to 99 feet both for height and distance? If it is, please check and switch off the Beginner Mode. If the distance has no limitation, check your flight height settings. If the distance is limited to 164 feet, then it is a log in question. I'll help to check. Please point out which is your case for a better confirmation.
2017-8-17
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-17 00:32
Just to verify, is it the range be limited to 99 feet both for height and distance? If it is, please check and switch off the Beginner Mode. If the distance has no limitation, check your flight height settings. If the distance is limited to 164 feet, then it is a log in question. I'll help to check. Please point out which is your case for a better confirmation.

Thor,
Thank you for your reply. It is limited to height and distance, like the app is not logged in. However if I fly with only 1 set of goggles or without goggles, I can fly with no restrictions. I believe the issue is when 2 pairs of goggles are bound, the app does not work properly.

To further reinforce that fact, when 2 sets of goggles are logged in I am unable to change app settings such as return to home, Height, etc. If I change those setting they do not stay when you change app tabs. Hope you can help with this, Have thousands tied up with this stuff and cannot fly. When I spoke to a DJI customer service rep (Bobby) he told me this was a known Issue and an app update and Mavic firmware update were in the works.

I volunteered to become a beta tester for this issue, but have heard nothing back. Can you please look into this for me? Should a case number be started for this issue? Thank You, Louie
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HoverGuy Posted at 2017-8-18 12:41
Thor,
Thank you for your reply. It is limited to height and distance, like the app is not logged in. However if I fly with only 1 set of goggles or without goggles, I can fly with no restrictions. I believe the issue is when 2 pairs of goggles are bound, the app does not work properly.

So had you tried to connect to the app first and then connect to your 2 sets of Goggles? Besides, this issue is confirmed by our engineers, we will get it resolved when the next firmware upgrading. Please wait patiently.
2017-8-18
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-18 23:17
So had you tried to connect to the app first and then connect to your 2 sets of Goggles? Besides, this issue is confirmed by our engineers, we will get it resolved when the next firmware upgrading. Please wait patiently.

Hi Thor,
Yes, app is always started before connecting goggles, just like I do with the spark. Glad you confirmed DJI is aware of the issue and working on it. When a fix is available, could you please let me know? Also would like to become a Beta tester. Own a Mavic, Spark, and P3P and would like to help. Thanks, Louie
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HoverGuy Posted at 2017-8-20 14:07
Hi Thor,
Yes, app is always started before connecting goggles, just like I do with the spark. Glad you confirmed DJI is aware of the issue and working on it. When a fix is available, could you please let me know? Also would like to become a Beta tester. Own a Mavic, Spark, and P3P and would like to help. Thanks, Louie

You are welcome. You can pay attention to the Goggles firmware upgrading. We will also keep an eye on it. Hope we will get it addressed shortly.
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules