Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Strong wireless interference everywhere I fly
6627 5 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mycypher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello - I recently began seeing "strong wireless interference" message in locations where I have flown before, and apparently, everywhere I fly now. When I switch to 5.8ghz, the RC disconnects and won't link. I do have to add that this began right after switching to CrystalSky as my monitor. Coincidence? Not sure and I'm hoping someone can offer assistance.
2017-8-14
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Select manual the 5.8Ghz and find a strong channel and maybe lower you bit rate for the screen down to 4 or so. Hopefully this works
2017-8-14
Use props
Max App
lvl.4
Flight distance : 781624 ft
United Kingdom

I took my drone really rural recently and for the first time had a very clean signal. I managed 2 miles over a forrest before the intelligent battery told me to come back. Anywhere remotely close to towns or cities have masses of interference, especially as just about every broadband router in the world uses 2.4ghz or 5.8ghz, meaning thousands of homes are emitting the same signal as your drone uses. This significantly reduces the range of the drone and can affect the video feed. From what i noticed the firmware update has made notifications about interference a lot more common, perhaps they have changes the thresholds to make you aware.
2017-8-14
Use props
mycypher
Second Officer
Flight distance : 682215 ft
  • >>>
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-8-14 14:14
Select manual the 5.8Ghz and find a strong channel and maybe lower you bit rate for the screen down to 4 or so. Hopefully this works

Thank you for your constructive replies. I will take both answers under advisement and hopefully the suggested solution works. Will post an update soon.
2017-8-14
Use props
dancopter
First Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I have constant 'strong interference' warnings too since the last firmware update. Before this they were very rare. Not sure what changed,
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Had you upgraded both the drone and the Crystalsky to the latest firmware? If you had, please try to test the interference in another place and pay attention to the info on Image Transmission Settings. Choose a green channel to fly with. Besides, try to relink the drone and the RC when they are disconnected after changing to 5.8GHz.
2017-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules