If selling my Mavic, what should I care about ?
1635 13 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M_str
lvl.2
Belgium

Hello,
If I decide to sell my Mavic (amazing by the way, just I don't use it as often as I'd like to), is there anything I should care about ?
1)  Especially, its serial numbers are linked to my id ?  How to change that ?
2)  I have Dji Care Refresh (unused) : can I transfer it to the new owner ?
Thanks !

2017-8-14
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

Should not have a care.
just knowing
I have paypal
i buying it for $700...... I will be giving it a loving home    ;)
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Since the drone is activated by you, the SN of the drone is linked to your DJI account email and it can't be changed. The DJI Care Refresh is linked to the SN of the drone, no need to transfer it. I would recommend you forward the agreement of the DJI Care Refresh to the new owner.
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The activated email is irrevocable. But that won't affect the use of the drone. Others can use his own account to log in the app and fly the drone.
For DJI Care Refresh, it follows the drone, so if you sell the drone, the buyer of the drone can use the DJI Care Refresh.
2017-8-14
Use props
M_str
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-14 20:15
The activated email is irrevocable. But that won't affect the use of the drone. Others can use his own account to log in the app and fly the drone.
For DJI Care Refresh, it follows the drone, so if you sell the drone, the buyer of the drone can use the DJI Care Refresh.

It is good for the dji care refresh.
But this email/name link is strange.  I mean if the new user goes over the highway, crashes it on cars and kills people : I will have some cops going home since my name is linked to the drone ??? or if a guy use my drone to drop a grenade, and police catch the drone and found my name linked to the device : half the cops of the country will come look after me ???  I don't like it ...
2017-8-15
Use props
M_str
lvl.2
Belgium

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 20:00
Since the drone is activated by you, the SN of the drone is linked to your DJI account email and it can't be changed. The DJI Care Refresh is linked to the SN of the drone, no need to transfer it. I would recommend you forward the agreement of the DJI Care Refresh to the new owner.

Also, will my previous flight routes/records  be shared with the new owner ?!
2017-8-15
Use props
sevimli
lvl.2
Turkey

M_str Posted at 2017-8-15 09:18

anyone from DJI??? this is a simple and important privacy question.

What is the reason of this kind of locking in mechanism?
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

M_str Posted at 2017-8-15 07:22
It is good for the dji care refresh.
But this email/name link is strange.  I mean if the new user goes over the highway, crashes it on cars and kills people : I will have some cops going home since my name is linked to the drone ??? or if a guy use my drone to drop a grenade, and police catch the drone and found my name linked to the device : half the cops of the country will come look after me ???  I don't like it ...

DJI won't share users' info to others, it is highly confidential. So things you mentioned don't seem to happen.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

M_str Posted at 2017-8-15 09:18

No, your flight records follow your DJI account, others can not read your data unless they use your account and flight records had been synced meanwhile.
2017-8-17
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-14 20:00

That sounds crazy that the SN cannot be changed to another email account.
Dji can make these incredible drones with mind blowing technology and continuous software updates yet DJI cannot change a SN from one email account to another? Seriously???
How difficult can this possibly be ?
Dji please explain why SN # cannot be changed to another email account.
2017-8-17
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

More than a privacy issue, I think it's causing major connection issues for me and my son. My 13 year old son activated the Mavic with his email and DJI account on an iPhone5s
I created a DJI account on my iPhone7.
We both have the DJI GO4 app with our own accounts on our phones. After a few flights the drone stopped connecting to the app for either of us. Now neither of us can connect the app to the drone through the RC.
Both of us can fly it on WiFi, The remote still works without the App.

The remote is BRICKED from the App and DJI Assistant 2 - it will not connect to either using any of the two DJI accounts.

Buyer of a used drone beware. Drone is amazing - software makes it all but unusable. It's like having a Bugatti or Ferrari but not having any fuel to drive them.
2017-8-17
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

No, don't do it !  
2017-8-17
Use props
M_str
lvl.2
Belgium

Andy in SW Fla Posted at 2017-8-17 13:52
More than a privacy issue, I think it's causing major connection issues for me and my son. My 13 year old son activated the Mavic with his email and DJI account on an iPhone5s
I created a DJI account on my iPhone7.
We both have the DJI GO4 app with our own accounts on our phones. After a few flights the drone stopped connecting to the app for either of us. Now neither of us can connect the app to the drone through the RC.

Do you mean that DJI noticing two different account using same drone has kind of banned it ?!   
I have a buyer but would be nice to be sure.
I asked about it to the "help desk", they came with kind of "easy answer"
Not sure now :/
2017-8-18
Use props
Andy in SW Fla
lvl.2
Flight distance : 338 ft

United States

I wish I had and answer for you. All I know is my personal experience. Despite everything I've tried I can't get the app to connect to the drone on RC mode.
Give it a test flight with your buyers device. Good luck.
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules