Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Wave Gesture fails during gesture only mode! (Solved)
1408 10 2017-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Spark owners.

My Red Spark has worked beautifully from the first day. Some minor disconnects until I got the WiFi figured out. After the last FW update gesture mode only works fine with the palm control etc. but will not go up and track me with the wave gesture....

When the remote is connected I can get the wave gesture to work sometimes?  I can get the video to start using the new gesture only when the Spark is close to me.

I have spent 2 batteries trying to get the Spark to work using the Wave gesture.

Using iPhone 7 with iOS 10.3.3 latest Go 4 App (and it works with my P4P, Inspire 2  Mavic Pro)

Things I have tried:
Refreshed the FW .500
Calibrate IMU
Calibrate compass
only using the Spark in Gesture mode (no remote or phone)
connected to remote and select gesture mode
without prop guards installed

Any ideas would be great!  DJI if you want data logs please let me know.

All the best

Rich
2017-8-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Rich, please refer to the tutorial to make sure that the gesture is correct. If you are doing correct, would you mind providing me with a controlling process when you use Gesture Mode? Besides, gesture recording can only be activated within 2 meters of the distance, I recommend reading the introduction in the user's manual.
2017-8-14
Use props
SparkyPilot
lvl.1
Portugal

Its the same for mine, maybe the recognition for the wave gesture isn't that great yet? I got it to work 3/5 times.
2017-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
First Officer
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Video gesture only works at 2 meters....so 6 ft as per manual. The wave gesture I notice u have to really do a big sweeping wave side to side
2017-8-14
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.4
Canada

You're not alone. Same thing here. Everything was working fine until the last update. Now, aside from the palm-follow that works 1 time out of 10, nothing else does.
2017-8-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-14 22:52
Hi Rich, please refer to the tutorial to make sure that the gesture is correct. If you are doing correct, would you mind providing me with a controlling process when you use Gesture Mode? Besides, gesture recording can only be activated within 2 meters of the distance, I recommend reading the introduction in the user's manual.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZWcn_5NvNk&index=13&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i

Hi Thor

I have seen this video and I missed the instructions on the video gesture at  2 meters thanks...

I will try this again, but please note that when I first got my Spark, the wave gesture worked everytime for me. Now it is almost impossible to get this to work since the FW update.

That's why I posted this thread, to see if others were experiencing the same issue .
Maybe you can report this to the R&D team for us
All the best sir
Rich
2017-8-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2017-8-14 23:46
Video gesture only works at 2 meters....so 6 ft as per manual. The wave gesture I notice u have to really do a big sweeping wave side to side

Yup, I see this now and thanks for posting I will try the sweeping motion again, but I have tried everything to make it work again.

Rich
2017-8-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-15 06:33
You're not alone. Same thing here. Everything was working fine until the last update. Now, aside from the palm-follow that works 1 time out of 10, nothing else does.

Hi TCK

Glad I am not alone or going crazy    (well maybe I am)

I could use the wave before the FW and get it to work almost everytime.... now it will not work for me. I will try the sweeping action again and see if this is my problem.

Rich
2017-8-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Okay, I was able to get my Spark to recognize my Wave Gesture everytime by moving my arm and hand side to side... don't just wave your hand...  The Spark is looking for the palm movement from side to side. Maybe the FW update made the Spark more picky to our hand gestures??

Try it out and report back...

This will work

Rich
2017-8-15
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-14 22:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZWcn_5NvNk&index=13&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNIrePb_pR6Rd2Cp8GaKa_i

Hi Thor

I got this working See my post #9

no need to add this to R&D's list... I just needed to change the way I was waving to my Spark.

Thanks
Rich
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-8-15 19:41
Hi Thor

I got this working See my post #9

Thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, the drone recognizes your arms movement during gesture mode. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules