Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tight Space? No Problem!
1803 23 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 606608 ft
Thailand

WARNING! It is not recommended for beginner. You may tempt to try it but please do not risk your drone or other's property. It takes a lot of practice and patience.

2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Wow, so nervous when crossing the trees! Please be more careful. I would recommend flying in a wide place to ensure the safety. Anyway, nice scenery, I love the sea sight.
2017-8-15
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-15 00:19
Wow, so nervous when crossing the trees! Please be more careful. I would recommend flying in a wide place to ensure the safety. Anyway, nice scenery, I love the sea sight.

Thanks. I been flying like this since june. I only fly if the weather is good. I made some tutorials on youtube. Hope you like it.
2017-8-15
Use props
JW5255
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Great shots !  However, maybe you could post a warning for pilots with less experienced.  Your flying skills and shots are amazing though, and I am a fan !
2017-8-15
Use props
Fractures
lvl.4
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

JW5255 Posted at 2017-8-15 06:57
Great shots !  However, maybe you could post a warning for pilots with less experienced.  Your flying skills and shots are amazing though, and I am a fan !

Warning: Dont fly your drone into trees!

Hows that sound?
2017-8-15
Use props
bernardren07
First Officer
Flight distance : 48504 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

wa so pro.  scare if propellers hit on tree and arm may crack easily.
2017-8-15
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Daredevil flying for sure...........you're very good!
2017-8-15
Use props
Siambuddhas Gro
First Officer
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

Geng mak mak...
2017-8-15
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

JW5255 Posted at 2017-8-15 06:57

Hi, i added the warning. I made a video before that tells anyone not to try. Its my 6 min clip on youtube. Thanks for reminding me.
2017-8-15
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Lhonskie Aerial Posted at 2017-8-15 10:13
Hi, i added the warning. I made a video before that tells anyone not to try. Its my 6 min clip on youtube. Thanks for reminding me.

I give up...how are you doing this?

Specifically, I've assumed that many of these tight backup shots were done flying forward where you can see and avoid with the camera looking forward, because it was clear the operator was not in a positon to see LoS or even have a good angle on the approach.  Then in post, the shot was reversed to get the back out shot look.  

However, your demo and tutorial does not seem to show that?  So, how are you maneuvering this craft in such tight spaces when clearly you can't see enough to make the control inputs necessary to remain stable and not hit anything and the camera is looking backwards...can't figure this out?  Sure, initially in the demo through the trees, you could see enough to fly it safely but the latter half of the flight through had to be so occluded that I don't believe you could maintain full sight.
  Please share this industry secret...Thanks

2017-8-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-15 11:10
Specifically, I've assumed that many of these tight backup shots were done flying forward where you can see and avoid with the camera looking forward, because it was clear the operator was not in a positon to see LoS or even have a good angle on the approach.  Then in post, the shot was reversed to get the back out shot look.  
However, your demo and tutorial does not seem to show that?  So, how are you maneuvering this craft in such tight spaces when clearly you can't see enough to make the control inputs necessary to remain stable and not hit anything and the camera is looking backwards...can't figure this out?  Sure, initially in the demo through the trees, you could see enough to fly it safely but the latter half of the flight through had to be so occluded that I don't believe you could maintain full sight.  Please share this industry secret...Thanks

Nice shots, don't know how you can even see your drone so far away & through the trees flying backwards, forwards I can see doing as I fly FPV with other drones,
Ummm, unless these are done by stitching or reverse export in post production
2017-8-15
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-15 11:10
However, your demo and tutorial does not seem to show that?  So, how are you maneuvering this craft in such tight spaces when clearly you can't see enough to make the control inputs necessary to remain stable and not hit anything and the camera is looking backwards...can't figure this out?  Sure, initially in the demo through the trees, you could see enough to fly it safely but the latter half of the flight through had to be so occluded that I don't believe you could maintain full sight.  Please share this industry secret...Thanks

Thanks for appreciating. If you check the last clip. Im standing in a slanted road and clearly see the drone. The secret here is to practice and try on a wider space, medium wide, then try tight space. To get precision flight you must fly slowly and focus your eyes to the drone. When you see a space, you should calculate from your head and think if your drone can fly through or not. I was driving the motorbike that time down to the beach and found that tree and thought maybe i could try to fly through so I can make a reveal shot of the beach from the road. I did it and I can tell you, When you finish doing it, you're gonna fly again. I'm addicted to that shot. It gives some suspense in your video. I made some of it in my video "Penang, Malaysia"
2017-8-15
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-15 11:21
Nice shots, don't know how you can even see your drone so far away & through the trees flying backwards, forwards I can see doing as I fly FPV with other drones,
Ummm, unless these are done by stitching or reverse export in post production

I can still the drone from that far except when I start to pull up. My other camera was blocked by my body but if its in right angle, youll see the drone from the last tree.
2017-8-15
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Lhonskie Aerial Posted at 2017-8-15 12:16
I can still the drone from that far except when I start to pull up. My other camera was blocked by my body but if its in right angle, youll see the drone from the last tree.
Well...I am amazed; I guess it's one of those you have to be there things.  To me I just don't see how you are seeing that thing when it gets far away in those trees; I guess the camera is deceiving my perspective.  Either way, your flying is obviously precise and you are making it work, more power to you.
No denying you and others are getting some interesting and cool shots.
Good Luck and hope you don't lose your bird in the process.

2017-8-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-8-15 12:26
Well...I am amazed; I guess it's one of those you have to be there things.  To me I just don't see how you are seeing that thing when it gets far away in those trees; I guess the camera is deceiving my perspective.  Either way, your flying is obviously precise and you are making it work, more power to you.
No denying you and others are getting some interesting and cool shots.Good Luck and hope you don't lose your bird in the process.

Do you recon he is creating a mission, making waypoints along that whole path, then somehow running the mission and rotating the aircraft? I don't get it either how he is flying it backwards. Not just running the video in reverse, I get that.
2017-8-15
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-15 12:30
Do you recon he is creating a mission, making waypoints along that whole path, then somehow running the mission and rotating the aircraft? I don't get it either how he is flying it backwards. Not just running the video in reverse, I get that.

Given enough time and practice I'm sure any determined person can teach themselves to do what you are describing.  I don't see my self doing it, but sure it is obviously possible.
I thought the same thing, that somehow he was creating a mission waypoint process that would map it out etc., but he states no and the video shows as you pointed out that the drone is flying backwards for crying out loud.  I don't think a planned waypoint missiong woudl fly a drone backwards like that.
I've gotta give it to him, but I'm still scratching my head.

2017-8-15
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-15 12:30

Hi, i dont have any idea about the mission or waypoints. 8 months of having this bird, i fly it manually in p mode and atti. The reason why I also created the 6 min video is just to answer the questions im getting before. Like, do you reverse in post? Do you use prop guards or you use waypoints? If you have rubber trees in your area, i think it will be easy for you to find out how i did it and try. Its really doable. I didnt mention, before I fly my p4 in those trees, i tried my syma x5c-1. It worked.
2017-8-15
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

Lhonskie Aerial Posted at 2017-8-15 12:50
Hi, i dont have any idea about the mission or waypoints. 8 months of having this bird, i fly it manually in p mode and atti. The reason why I also created the 6 min video is just to answer the questions im getting before. Like, do you reverse in post? Do you use prop guards or you use waypoints? If you have rubber trees in your area, i think it will be easy for you to find out how i did it and try. Its really doable. I didnt mention, before I fly my p4 in those trees, i tried my syma x5c-1. It worked.
Lhonskie,  
Fair enough, we just find what you are doing a bit extraordinary...not something we feel we could do, at least not without a lot of practice, which you seem to have.
What we meant by using a waypoint process was where you plan out your route on a map or grid of the area you intend to navigate.  The line of flight gets linked together using waypoints/markers that connects the dots from point to point.  Once you have planned it you then upload it in to the bird and program it to follow that routing, launching the drone to follow that route.  As I noted, I don't think you can do that, at least not the way you are flying it, because you have the drone flying backwards, and I'm fairly certain the system won't do it that way.

2017-8-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Lhonskie Aerial Posted at 2017-8-15 12:50

Yeah my hat is off to you! I don't knw exactly how, but if you are simply flying it that way, congrats!!!!!You are a very talented individual. I have had my 3PA for 2-years now and I do fly a lot. In atti too.......but I won't chance a backwards flight through trees like these. Great job!!!!!!
2017-8-15
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-15 08:13
Daredevil flying for sure...........you're very good!

Thank you.
2017-8-16
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

Kob khun krub!
2017-8-17
Use props
rudyasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547320 ft
Indonesia

or shoot it normaly and tahn yout choose reverse mode in video editor
2017-8-18
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

rudyasho Posted at 2017-8-18 02:04
or shoot it normaly and tahn yout choose reverse mode in video editor

Yes it is possible too
2017-8-18
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
First Officer
Thailand

bernardren07 Posted at 2017-8-15 08:01
wa so pro.  scare if propellers hit on tree and arm may crack easily.

Thanks. I have enough clearance for props and drone's landing gear but its like 1-2 inches far. Yes, one wrong maneuver will lead to a crash.
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules