Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
HDMI with Phantom 4 Pro
5801 26 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
James Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1297425 ft
Spain

Hello,

On August 8 bought the module Hdmi for my Phantom 4 PRO and the Dji Goggles. I had 2 Objectives, to see HD image with the Goggles and to send hd image to a second screen so that my clients see the flight in direct. When I connect the hdmi cable to the RC image the video image disappears from the RC and it does not appear on the second screen. I have tried everything, RC to the last firmware, reinstalled Go 4 on the Ipad, aircraft to the last version, return to the old module and re-insert the new one. Nothing has worked. Can anybody help me ? I am working with my drones company and it is very important to win over the first customers. Greetings and thank you.

2017-8-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Captain
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Did you turn on the HDMI on RC? swipe down on the top of the screen and select the HDMI icon
2017-8-15
Use props
Tima_007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

7#
Hello DJI.
I have the same issue but i want too tell my story.
So, when i install the HDMI module to my P4P, all was good. I refres the firmware using my iPad, the video feed work perfectly.
After thet i has not use the HDMI output untill today and what i seen today - My DJI Go App "Disconected" 10 seconds - conected an this for circle...................
I have try to refres the firmware on my RC, not working...

I have start to thinking that the issue not in software or firmware but in hardware........but.......
i have the Inspire PRO  (i took the HDMI module from them) i replace the HDMI module back and what i see - ewerything wark good. The video feed good on my IPAD and on my DJI Goggles HDMI conected!

I have only one question - Howe this can happen?????   At firt timy i place HDMI module to RC P4P  ewerything was good but ufter 2 weaks not using  we have an big issue???

A have read the forum, many people have the same issues an no answare!

DJI THOR   DJI Susan  or somebody else  pleas give us the unswere!

Thenk you end sory fro my english
2017-8-15
Use props
James Air
lvl.1
Spain

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-8-15 00:46
Did you turn on the HDMI on RC? swipe down on the top of the screen and select the HDMI icon

Hi BagoDJIoperator

I have not done what you say. I'm looking for a way to do it. Please could you put some image on where the Hdmi icon is that I should activate?
2017-8-15
Use props
James Air
lvl.1
Spain

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-8-15 00:49
7#
Hello DJI.

Hi Tima_007
If you find the solution, please contact me. If I find it, I'll tell it to you. Greetings.
2017-8-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-8-15 00:49
7#
Hello DJI.

Make sure you have HDMI dual output to screen & HDMI selected and  FPV selected in the settings.
2017-8-15
Use props
James Air
lvl.1
Spain

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-15 01:25
Make sure you have HDMI dual output to screen & HDMI selected and  FPV selected in the settings.

Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI .. Conected !!  the problem continue.   Thanks for you coment.
2017-8-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

James Air Posted at 2017-8-15 01:36
Simultaneous image output to app and HDMI .. Conected !!  the problem continue.   Thanks for you coment.

After reading your initial post a little closer, if I am understanding correctly you want to use the goggles for your viewing, and have an additional screen other than the device monitor (IE: Phone / Tablet ) for spectators to view. So essentially you want 3 screens visible.

1. Phone / Tablet to run App
2. Goggles
3, Monitor for spectators

Is this correct?
2017-8-15
Use props
James Air
lvl.1
Spain

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-15 02:08
After reading your initial post a little closer, if I am understanding correctly you want to use the goggles for your viewing, and have an additional screen other than the device monitor (IE: Phone / Tablet ) for spectators to view. So essentially you want 3 screens visible.

1. Phone / Tablet to run App

Having 3 screens simultaneously is not possible, unless I know.
What I was hoping to get is:
- Ipad connected to the RC by usb cable and to the hdmi port connect the screen for the clients.
- able to connect glasses to hdmi rc port to see image at 720
- connect goggles to the usb port of RC and the screen for the clients to hdmi port of RC.

Thank you very much for your interest
2017-8-15
Use props
Tima_007
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-15 01:25

Ewerything is turn on!
No matter turn of or turn on, not work at bouth way...
2017-8-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

James Air Posted at 2017-8-15 02:50
Having 3 screens simultaneously is not possible, unless I know.
What I was hoping to get is:
- Ipad connected to the RC by usb cable and to the hdmi port connect the screen for the clients.

You can do that easily, you will need some additional equipment if you want 3 available viewing platforms, I use Fat Shark glasses which connect to the Micro HDMI port of the module for FPV.
DJI Crystal Sky Monitor to run the Go 4 App to USB port of the Module ( you can substitute the TV for the Goggles for multiple viewers, with your current configuration)
The Crystal Sky has a HDMI ( Full Size ) Port out, I run a HDMI Cable into a portable 13" 12V HD TV for my clients to view while flying, you will need to get an HDMI adapter from HDMI mini ( to plug into controller module ) to HDMI full size ( To plug into the TV ) it works great.

12V 13" HDMI Monitor/ TV

I use a Mini Max Portable Power Supply to run the TV ( Lasts all Day & more )

Mini Max Power Supply

So I basically have 3 monitors running at the same time ( when required ) All in all your current configuration will only support two devices at one time TV & Ipad, or Goggles & Ipad

" connect goggles to the usb port of RC and the screen for the clients to hdmi port of RC."

I do not believe this is possible as the Goggles require HDMI only.

2017-8-15
Use props
James Air
lvl.1
Spain

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-15 03:43
You can do that easily, you will need some additional equipment if you want 3 available viewing platforms, I use Fat Shark glasses which connect to the Micro HDMI port of the module for FPV.
DJI Crystal Sky Monitor to run the Go 4 App to USB port of the Module ( you can substitute the TV for the Goggles for multiple viewers, with your current configuration)
The Crystal Sky has a HDMI ( Full Size ) Port out, I run a HDMI Cable into a portable 13" 12V HD TV for my clients to view while flying, you will need to get an HDMI adapter from HDMI mini ( to plug into controller module ) to HDMI full size ( To plug into the TV ) it works great.

Many thanks. But my big big problem is that the Hdmi port of the RC of my phantom 4 Pro does not emit video signal. From this it is not possible to perform any other combination of hardware.
2017-8-15
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
United States

James Air Posted at 2017-8-15 03:56
Many thanks. But my big big problem is that the Hdmi port of the RC of my phantom 4 Pro does not emit video signal. From this it is not possible to perform any other combination of hardware.

Oh OK, that's a horse of a different color, probably a hardware issue?
2017-8-15
Use props
Tima_007
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-15 04:04

No, this is not a hardware issue. HDMI controller work fine at Inspire 1 PRO. Everything work fine but not with P4P!

I cant understand how this can be... et first run - HDMI output whos good. Image transmition wirk et the Ipad and DJI Goggles via HDMi, but after not yousing for two weeks - its not wark.
I can not undertand what DJI do with us...

edit:   Not work with Litchi app too...(((
2017-8-15
Use props
James Air
lvl.1
Spain

QuadKid Posted at 2017-8-15 04:04

It is very possible. The hdmi module that works for inspire, p3, p3p, p4 does not work for p4p. That easy.
2017-8-15
Use props
Tima_007
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

James Air Posted at 2017-8-15 05:21
It is very possible. The hdmi module that works for inspire, p3, p3p, p4 does not work for p4p. That easy.

The HDMI module is the same for all device
2017-8-15
Use props
Tima_007
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

Guys, issue resolwed!   
All you nead to do is reset camera setings in DJI Go4 app and whoala - HDMI output work perfectly in DJI Goggles and we have the image in ipad to...
Ofcource, this not good DJI and i thing this issue brings back and all time you will nead reset camers setings but good news for all of us is thet its not a hardware problem but software.
Good luck an sory for my english again. I am from Ukraine)))
2017-8-15
Use props
James Air
lvl.1
Spain

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-8-15 05:45
Guys, issue resolwed!   
All you nead to do is reset camera setings in DJI Go4 app and whoala - HDMI output work perfectly in DJI Goggles and we have the image in ipad to...
Ofcource, this not good DJI and i thing this issue brings back and all time you will nead reset camers setings but good news for all of us is thet its not a hardware problem but software.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes thank you thank you thank you .... you are very big !!! 1000 thanks. Uooooooohhhyeahhhh !!!
2017-8-15
Use props
Tima_007
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ukraine

James Air Posted at 2017-8-15 08:56
Yes yes yes yes yes yes thank you thank you thank you .... you are very big !!! 1000 thanks. Uooooooohhhyeahhhh !!!

You welcome my friend)))
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice to hear that you have figured it out. If the issue appears again, please upload a short video for better assistance. Thank you!
2017-8-19
Use props
Kingii
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1983783 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-19 01:44
Nice to hear that you have figured it out. If the issue appears again, please upload a short video for better assistance. Thank you!

The issue is not solved.
Yes, you can temporarily  solve the issue by resetting the camera settings, but the issue will return.
I have to reset the settings every time before flying with goggles now.
So please @DJI Susan, report this issue to the development team. If there is any extra input they require to investigate, please let me know.
2017-8-19
Use props
yudigital
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237119 ft
Indonesia

Tima_007 Posted at 2017-8-15 05:45
Guys, issue resolwed!   

Thanks. You saved my life
2017-8-19
Use props
CyFA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1372369 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

P3P worked just fine with no issues ever!
P4P i have tried 3 times so far and never got it to work correctly ... so i stopped trying.
Still looking at various solutions so thanks for bringing it up again.
2017-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Kingii Posted at 2017-8-19 06:29
The issue is not solved.
Yes, you can temporarily  solve the issue by resetting the camera settings, but the issue will return.
I have to reset the settings every time before flying with goggles now.

Could you upload a short video of this issue? I'd like to forwarded to our engineers for further analysis.
2017-8-21
Use props
P4PCommander
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1153681 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-19 01:44

So why Didn't DJI figure this out and pass this info to all of us!!!
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

P4PCommander Posted at 2018-1-4 11:20
So why Didn't DJI figure this out and pass this info to all of us!!!

Commander, do you encounter the similar issue? The video is required for further analysis, thanks!
2018-1-4
Use props
philjmj
United States

This is old topic.  But it seems there was and maybe still are problems that Goggles that did not work correctly. I bought the HDMI module and HDMI output from P4P worked sometimes with goggles, sometimes not.  Then eventually would not at all.  But I could connect an HDMI monitor.  Also the goggles initially could display HDMI input form other video sources.  But eventually it would not accept any HDMI input at all.  They still work when connected via USB.  So the problem appears to not be with the HDMI module.  Difficult to say.  I had connected goggles to a display port to HDMI adapter, but normally that should not cause a problem. The problems with HDMI out to the goggles were pretty much from the very beginning of usage. It was intermittent at first, but eventually the goggles did not work.  A couple firmware upgrades were done.
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules