Unstoppable
1286 18 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrahamG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

Any guesses as to what the great mavic deal will be on the 22nd?
2017-8-15
Use props
sevimli
lvl.2
Turkey

a new mavic coming up? this soon?
2017-8-15
Use props
Obicom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 731591 ft
Germany

Where did you find this information GrahamG ? Any link available?

Edit: Ok, found this here: http://campaign.dji.com/summer-sale?from=store_index_banner
2017-8-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

sevimli Posted at 2017-8-15 02:52
a new mavic coming up? this soon?

I don't think it's a new mavic, just a sale deal.  they are giving away stuff with it to boost sales.
2017-8-15
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Found it today in the Dji store
IMG_8035.PNG
2017-8-15
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I thought perhaps extending care refresh (at a cost of course).
2017-8-15
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I'm guessing free propguards
2017-8-15
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Half price Phantom 4 Pro? Hey, I can dream......
2017-8-15
Use props
jlm70
lvl.1
Italy

Ok, today is Aug 22, 8:30 GMT, but the same banner is still there... Waiting... :-)
2017-8-21
Use props
Sosai X
lvl.1
Flight distance : 691900 ft
United States

jlm70 Posted at 2017-8-21 23:20
Ok, today is Aug 22, 8:30 GMT, but the same banner is still there... Waiting... :-)

Looks like there's another deal; instead of just $999 for the Mavic itself, you can get the Mavic plus an extra battery and the PGY landing gear extenders for $1010.   
2017-8-22
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sosai X Posted at 2017-8-22 00:56
Looks like there's another deal; instead of just $999 for the Mavic itself, you can get the Mavic plus an extra battery and the PGY landing gear extenders for $1010.

hardly makes it "unstoppable"   maybe its a rather poor translation of something ..but.... ya idk..

i just paid $1000 for new mavic + new spare battery.  sad part is no charging hub yet.  so just manually swapping out for now i guess.  if DJi makes a promotion for free items or price cut im getting in on it with amazon..  most retailers tend to give the difference or if they cant they give some partial differance
2017-8-22
Use props
Sosai X
lvl.1
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-22 01:11
hardly makes it "unstoppable"   maybe its a rather poor translation of something ..but.... ya idk..

i just paid $1000 for new mavic + new spare battery.  sad part is no charging hub yet.  so just manually swapping out for now i guess.  if DJi makes a promotion for free items or price cut im getting in on it with amazon..  most retailers tend to give the difference or if they cant they give some partial differance

Agreed that "unstoppable" is an overreach; if they'd had the extra battery plus the hub for that price, sure - it'd be a great deal.  But even so, for just $11 more than the Mavic by itself, getting an extra battery plus the landing gear isn't a lousy deal either.  

2017-8-22
Use props
Sosai X
lvl.1
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-22 01:11

By the way, what's the advantage to buying from Amazon vs. directly from DJI?  I'm in the market for a Mavic and was waiting to see what this "unstoppable" deal is, but DJI won't make me pay sales tax whereas Amazon will, and it appears most if not all of their Mavic sales are not from Amazon, but third party vendors fulfilled by Amazon - and some of those vendors don't exactly have stellar reputations (not that DJI's service is white glove, either, from what I've heard).
2017-8-22
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sosai X Posted at 2017-8-22 02:10
By the way, what's the advantage to buying from Amazon vs. directly from DJI?  I'm in the market for a Mavic and was waiting to see what this "unstoppable" deal is, but DJI won't make me pay sales tax whereas Amazon will, and it appears most if not all of their Mavic sales are not from Amazon, but third party vendors fulfilled by Amazon - and some of those vendors don't exactly have stellar reputations (not that DJI's service is white glove, either, from what I've heard).

dji has an official amazon store with no taxes.    i dont know if any advantages with amazon vs dji directly.  i just have greater experience with amazon's customer support and their willingness to return and refund anything as long as its not smashed into an unrecognizable mess within 30 days.. i mean they accept almost anything in almost any condition back..   which i mean.. has its advantages if your clumsy and dont want to bother with claims and warranties.   

also pro tip, as long as not in california, where they don't cover it.  call statefarm and ask about getting your drone covered.. specialty underwriters stuff related to personal property.. as far as i know no deductible for claims either.  
2017-8-22
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Well, unfortunately, here in South America, we don't have any blockbuster launch!
2017-8-22
Use props
jamesw
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169364 ft
United States

Sosai X Posted at 2017-8-22 02:10

I'd buy it from Amazon for their refund policy, free shipping (where applicable)  and shipment tracking.
2017-8-22
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like they're offering a £77 in store credit if you buy a P4 Pro between 22nd-24th. That's UK store, but I expect it would be similar in others. That's about a 4.8% saving.

Personally I would prefer to buy locally and get a two year warranty (Yes, one retailer gives 2 year warranty in UK).
2017-8-22
Use props
Sosai X
lvl.1
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-22 02:34
dji has an official amazon store with no taxes.    i dont know if any advantages with amazon vs dji directly.  i just have greater experience with amazon's customer support and their willingness to return and refund anything as long as its not smashed into an unrecognizable mess within 30 days.. i mean they accept almost anything in almost any condition back..   which i mean.. has its advantages if your clumsy and dont want to bother with claims and warranties.   

also pro tip, as long as not in california, where they don't cover it.  call statefarm and ask about getting your drone covered.. specialty underwriters stuff related to personal property.. as far as i know no deductible for claims either.

Thanks; decided to pull the trigger on the $1010 package from the DJI site (Amazon didn't offer it) since I was going to ultimately get the gear anyway; might as well get it cheaper, and a free battery in the process.   And thank you for the suggestion; after lurking in these forums for awhile before making my decision to buy a Mavic, I'd actually placed a call to State Farm last month to ensure our local agent could offer the personal articles policy to cover it and will be buying that policy prior to ever putting it in the air.

It's definitely a better alternative to DJI's "insurance" if you can call it that!
2017-8-22
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sosai X Posted at 2017-8-22 15:00
Thanks; decided to pull the trigger on the $1010 package from the DJI site (Amazon didn't offer it) since I was going to ultimately get the gear anyway; might as well get it cheaper, and a free battery in the process.   And thank you for the suggestion; after lurking in these forums for awhile before making my decision to buy a Mavic, I'd actually placed a call to State Farm last month to ensure our local agent could offer the personal articles policy to cover it and will be buying that policy prior to ever putting it in the air.

It's definitely a better alternative to DJI's "insurance" if you can call it that!

yea, amazon doesn't offer the promotion and after speaking to someone on official store on amazon they said the reason is because amazon makes honoring promotions far too difficult and requires manual intervention for every order, so maybe if people ask nicely they can get a partial or full refund on a spare battery as a compromise.   

what worried me the most about DJi's "insurance" is horror stories about it taking 4-6 weeks..  up to a month and a half in this day in age is unacceptable.   amazon's refund policy is best i ever encountered as well, 30 days of free insurance essentially..if you are clumsy as all hell, or unsure if you want to 100% commit to it..that's great to have amazon's open willingness to accept it back.  as for state farm insurance, as long as you hold policy in good standing and make few to no claims, when the unfortunate time does come that your mavic pro flies away, drops dead, or loses a fight with nature.. all depending how adventurous you really are with it..  its awesome.. even if you are not clumsy or too adventurous with it, good to have incase nothing of your direct doing.. theift is a crime of opportunity and that's why i had a $3900 pay out for my sony camera and lens.. i dont know where it was stolen, i just know was between hotel and the trail i was on..
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules