Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fixing Marco Polo 'Tag' to Mavic Pro
2054 12 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mpwobbly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 37500 ft
Australia

Has anyone found a good place to fix the Marco Polo 'Tag' unit on the Mavic Pro? I have considered the back end of the drone just below the rear light on the main body but not sure if this will interefere with any electronics? Thanks
2017-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Could you describe your issue more specifically? I'm not quite understand your point.
2017-8-19
Use props
FlyingLocksmith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 154206 ft
Sweden

I believe the GPS chip is at the back. I am thinking of purchasing a similar device and it seems the best place to plant it is on the front at the top to avoid any possible interference. I studied the exploded views of the Mavic and although an unsightly position it seemed to be the best. I am just going to put self adhesive velcro strips on the top. Is the Marco Polo any good? Keep looking for one but pretty rare here in the UK
2017-8-19
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.3
Australia

FlyingLocksmith Posted at 2017-8-19 07:44
I believe the GPS chip is at the back. I am thinking of purchasing a similar device and it seems the best place to plant it is on the front at the top to avoid any possible interference. I studied the exploded views of the Mavic and although an unsightly position it seemed to be the best. I am just going to put self adhesive velcro strips on the top. Is the Marco Polo any good? Keep looking for one but pretty rare here in the UK

I have ended up putting it on the rear of the Mavic body just above the rear light so that the antennae of the Marco Polo will not interfere with the camera - as it might have done had I put it on the front. I used a small strip of Velcro and due to the light weight of the Marco Polo it sits there just fine (with the antennae pointing down to avoid the rotor blades). The antennae bends a little when sitting on the ground but this is not a problem because the antennae is very flexible and it does not harm. It has not interfered with the performance of the drone at all. Thanks everyone for your interest.
2017-9-8
Use props
fans130f1a20
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1123048 ft
Croatia

mpwobbly Posted at 2017-9-8 13:37
I have ended up putting it on the rear of the Mavic body just above the rear light so that the antennae of the Marco Polo will not interfere with the camera - as it might have done had I put it on the front. I used a small strip of Velcro and due to the light weight of the Marco Polo it sits there just fine (with the antennae pointing down to avoid the rotor blades). The antennae bends a little when sitting on the ground but this is not a problem because the antennae is very flexible and it does not harm. It has not interfered with the performance of the drone at all. Thanks everyone for your interest.

Can you please post the picture of MP mounted on Mavic? Thnx!
2017-9-8
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.3
Australia

Hi - sorry for the delay I haven't been back to the website for a little while. As you can see the TAG doesn't interfere with anything and sits just nicely where I have it on the back. The TAG is held on by Velcro.

MarcoPolo

MarcoPolo
2017-9-24
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-19 02:52
Could you describe your issue more specifically? I'm not quite understand your point.

Hi DJI Susan - the posts below your comment explains where I put the Marco Polo TAG with a picture as well.
2017-9-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mpwobbly Posted at 2017-9-26 16:03
Hi DJI Susan - the posts below your comment explains where I put the Marco Polo TAG with a picture as well.

Thanks for clarification. Please check the performance in a low altitude first. Fly cautiously.
2017-9-27
Use props
Goldchucker
First Officer
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

Here is how I mounted my Marco Polo tag.  I have yet to try it out however.
The velcro is split between the battery and the Mavic as seen in these 2 pictures.  
I have no idea if there will be any interference based on the mounting location.
2018-5-31
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.3
Australia

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-5-31 08:34
Here is how I mounted my Marco Polo tag.  I have yet to try it out however.
The velcro is split between the battery and the Mavic as seen in these 2 pictures.  
I have no idea if there will be any interference based on the mounting location.

Yes that looks OK too. Like the stickers!
2018-5-31
Use props
Goldchucker
First Officer
Flight distance : 512 ft
United States

I have since moved the tag to the top front.  I found out that the GPS is located in the back and the tag in this position could cause interferance.  I painted it orange for better visability in the even it fell off during a potential crash.  I have not experienced any issues with the tag being mounted on the front.  This newer style has the antenna located on top rather than on the side.  

2018-7-2
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

DJI should consider installing in their next round of drones (at higher selling price), Find Me beacons.   
Separate power source that transmits GPS coordinates, emits sound that can be located by human ear, and ultra-bright flashing LED.
2018-7-2
Use props
mpwobbly
lvl.3
Australia

Goldchucker Posted at 2018-7-2 16:47
I have since moved the tag to the top front.  I found out that the GPS is located in the back and the tag in this position could cause interferance.  I painted it orange for better visability in the even it fell off during a potential crash.  I have not experienced any issues with the tag being mounted on the front.  This newer style has the antenna located on top rather than on the side.  

[view_image]

My main concern was trying to keep the antenna from hitting the blades and I personally have not had any GPS interference issues with where I have put mine. The transmission range of the tracker is quite a distance and it suggests to me that moving it a couple of inches to the front might have minimal effect on any interference. Having said that though, I am in no position to dispute your reasoning and whatever measures we take can possibly be best addressed by someone from the DJI technical department. I confess that it has made me rethink this. Love the orange day glow idea. Thanks
2018-7-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules