Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Samsung OTG support on spark?
2505 16 2017-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Muppetz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 114062 ft
United Kingdom

Hey Guys,

Beginner drone flyer here with a question, I recently purchased a spark and have been having a lot of fun with it so far my problem being the short range of the connection which from what I've read on this forum can be solved with a OTG cable, I've purchased a cable but I can't  seem to connect with it between my Samsung tab s2 and the remote, the tablet makes a noise when I plug the cable in but the app doesn't recognise the connection, is this a know issue with Samsung devices? Or maybe my tablet is a little old? Any help or advice would be appreciated? Thanks in advance.
2017-8-15
Use props
Bradbury
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13671 ft
France

Based on a quick search, the S2 tab should absolutely support OTG. As does my Galaxy S8, but when I connect the remote to it, my phone basically works as a powerbank charging the remote.
2017-8-15
Use props
Muppetz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Bradbury Posted at 2017-8-15 23:59
Based on a quick search, the S2 tab should absolutely support OTG. As does my Galaxy S8, but when I connect the remote to it, my phone basically works as a powerbank charging the remote.

This is what appears to be happening with me also, I know otg works on the tablet because I use it to view the files from the sd card. Do we need to turn an option on under settings or something?
2017-8-16
Use props
Monochrome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12710 ft
Poland

Make sure you bought otg cable. It needs to specifically say that it is otg and not only adapter. If you get RC chargin that means you have wrong cable.
2017-8-16
Use props
Muppetz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Monochrome Posted at 2017-8-16 00:05
Make sure you bought otg cable. It needs to specifically say that it is otg and not only adapter. If you get RC chargin that means you have wrong cable.

I brought my cable from Amazon it was listed as an otg cable, I also brought a second shorter "OTG Plug" though it's clearly not what it was listed as since it has a female micro usb port and a male plug of a shape I've never seen before (definitely not a usb it's oval shaped) maybe your right and I have a duff cable? I'll try and get my hands on another and see if it makes a difference.
2017-8-16
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

There is an app on google play to check if your device support OTG or not. I don't remember the name, but pretty sure you can search it easily
2017-8-16
Use props
Muppetz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Phuong Do Posted at 2017-8-16 00:17
There is an app on google play to check if your device support OTG or not. I don't remember the name, but pretty sure you can search it easily

I've checked using an app the tablet supports OTG. I'm thinking it's likely the cable.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is not recommended to use OTG cable to connect your mobile device, since it hasn't been fully tested by DJI.
2017-8-16
Use props
Muppetz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 01:16
It is not recommended to use OTG cable to connect your mobile device, since it hasn't been fully tested by DJI.

Thanks for the info, will dji be addressing the issue of region restricted WiFi? I live in the UK where the majority of devices Do not support the full WiFi range the spark uses meaning I can't fly it more than 30 meters from myself before I lose signal.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Muppetz Posted at 2017-8-16 01:29
Thanks for the info, will dji be addressing the issue of region restricted WiFi? I live in the UK where the majority of devices Do not support the full WiFi range the spark uses meaning I can't fly it more than 30 meters from myself before I lose signal.

We've sent a request about this to the R&D department, will optimize it in the next firmware version.
2017-8-16
Use props
Muppetz
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 01:50
We've sent a request about this to the R&D department, will optimize it in the next firmware version.

Excellent news, thanks for the news.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Muppetz Posted at 2017-8-16 02:14
Excellent news, thanks for the news.

You are welcome, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.
2017-8-16
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 02:30
You are welcome, should you have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

i have a question, do you know approximately when the firmware update will be released?
2017-8-16
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 01:50

i thought you meant OTG will be optimized! i misread. so do you have any idea it OTG will be optimized soon?
2017-8-16
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

Bradbury Posted at 2017-8-15 23:59

hopefully if they optimize this it will do the opposite and charge your phone instead.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Thor1 Posted at 2017-8-16 02:33
i have a question, do you know approximately when the firmware update will be released?

Sorry, we do not have a time frame, please pay close attention to the forum or DJI official website. As for the OTG,  so far, we haven't heard any news about it.
2017-8-16
Use props
Thor1
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-8-16 02:47
Sorry, we do not have a time frame, please pay close attention to the forum or DJI official website. As for the OTG,  so far, we haven't heard any news about it.

thank you for your quick reply.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules