2423 20 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flying spark 7 minutes, 19 satelites, homepoint recorded, all normal / middle in the fields, no interferences, spark controller with otg than suddenly, distance 326 meters(picture1) to 7553meters (picture2) within 1 second and all strange messages regarding homepoint. Could not go forward or backwards, only up or down. Luckely drone was nearby in field. Just pretend if it was further away or above water. Than i would have had a problem.
Anyone encoutered this?i already grounded the spark a few weeks due to the crashing of sparks, thought try it again. But now might get rid of it. It also will make no sence to send logs etc to dji , as done this before and do not hear any results anymore. Why is dji not coming with a firmware update to solve these issues. I am simply not enjoying to fly with drone anymore , as it is unpredictable.
IMG_1690.PNG
IMG_1694.PNG
2017-8-16
Use props
Charles Adams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never seen this before.  There is a section on "Precision Landing" on page 16, of which the features described match this situation.  It looks like (for some inexplicable reason) the software thought that the remote instantly moved over 7km away, and that the home point was set to this location.  At which point the drone thinks it's too far away to make it back on available battery, and goes into this precision landing mode (where the manual describes that up and down work, other stick movements abort the landing).  I presume that if the landing is aborted, the drone again decides it's too far away to make it back, and attempts to "precision land" (an endless loop).  All of this is just supposition.

What make and model of phone are you using?  I've found odd app behavior on an underpowered phone.
2017-8-16
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am using iphone 7 plus with enough power

Its very strange
2017-8-16
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Interesting!
"Your max flight distance reached"
How many meters is that in your app?
2017-8-16
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Nice crap. I am curious why it changed homepoint. Are you using dynamic homepoint or something like that ?
2017-8-16
Use props
Kyokushin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 296381 ft
Poland

Kyokushin Posted at 2017-8-16 09:19
Nice crap. I am curious why it changed homepoint. Are you using dynamic homepoint or something like that ?

If yes, how to disable it? I do not want to let app to change dynamically a homepoint without my permission.
2017-8-16
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I changed the homepoint to controller as i was moving on my bike, but i did this 2 minutes or so before i got all these messages.but it should not behave like this. I only cycled the 300 or so meters , but it set new homepoint 7500 meters
. Lately the sparks behave very strange, there should be failsaves for issues like this, if this occured above water , i would have lost 600 usd
2017-8-16
Use props
Phuong Do
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29800 ft
Vietnam

fans61699a75 Posted at 2017-8-16 12:09
I changed the homepoint to controller as i was moving on my bike, but i did this 2 minutes or so before i got all these messages.but it should not behave like this. I only cycled the 300 or so meters , but it set new homepoint 7500 meters
. Lately the sparks behave very strange, there should be failsaves for issues like this, if this occured above water , i would have lost 600 usd

After you changed to "update homepoint to remote position" when on the bike, did you choose to change back to "aircraft take-off position" after that?

Also, please note that even it says "homepoint set to remote controller position", it actually sets to your phone GPS location. The remote does not have GPS system. So, if your phone GPS has not been updated to it current position, for example phone last update position is 7500m away from your phone current position, the home point will be updated to that position - which is quite dangerous I think.

I believe there is a video on youtube of a guy flying Mavic and made the same mistake by updating homepoint not knowing his phone GPS was not updated.
2017-8-16
Use props
moh_rafiudeen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328957 ft
United States

Kyokushin Posted at 2017-8-16 09:25
If yes, how to disable it? I do not want to let app to change dynamically a homepoint without my permission.

I believe you cannot set dynamic home point for spark..
2017-8-17
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

My ipad 4 was attached to the controller. Therefore the homepoint was now the controller. I never travelled(cycled more than 350 meters) from the last homepoint. But within few seconds it changed to 7500meters. I changed homepoint to controller approx 2 minutes before. Maybe it lost gps signal for a moment, exactly on time when i switched the homepoint, and after few seconds drone realized something changed but was confused somehow. Indon't know just a guess
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, what version is your app?
2017-8-17
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

It was 4.15
2017-8-23
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Picture 2 show gps of phone weak and not acquired. Perhaps last good position was 7k away?
2017-8-23
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

very odd behaviour .. should be interesting on what DJI find out.  Keep us posted
2017-8-23
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Last position with good phone connection was about 300 m away. Strange message this gps signal weak, as dji app shows 21 satelites.
2017-8-23
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

The only thing i can think of what went wrong, that during changing ffom homepoint to phone/controller point that the spark didnt get the message properly due a signal failure gps/phone/controller or whatsoever. And received signal seconds later which confused the drone. Anyway i updated the new firmware i expect or hope these issues are past tense
2017-8-23
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

I might be wrong , but I think the app shows satellite count on spark?
2017-8-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Something with the phone's gps accuracy would be my first guess
2017-8-23
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Have you try updating to new firmware. The .0600 may solve this problem.
2017-8-23
Use props
Bozora
lvl.3
Flight distance : 142234 ft
Singapore

Guys, I have highlighted this issue in the past but no one seem to take notice of it.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-109265-1-4.html

Is quite obvious that the homepoint or the RTH to controller is not updated correctly.

Here're the steps that will ensure that your RTH or RTH is marked correctly
1. Power up your craft
2. Launch DJI Go 4 app
3. Go to map view by tapping on radar. You can enlarge map view if you want.

Pt 4. Is Important
4. Check and see if the map rotates / orientate itself as you move or rotate your controller or phone.
If th map DOESNT rotate (which is likely the case the first time u launch the app), tap th DJI logo on the TOP left to exit the app and go back in again.

Tap on the radar to go to map view again, to see if the map rotates. Most likely it should rotate this time. If not exit and re-enter the app.

This is a bug.....on the iphone and ipad only. I hope DJI solves it in the next fw update.

I have attach a video on the findings in my previous post.
2017-8-23
Use props
Nemroig
lvl.2
Flight distance : 192930 ft
Spain

Something similar has happened to me today: the altitude indicator has gone crazy and changed from 4 to 10, 20, 7, minus 4 !!, 15 meters... continuously. Absolutely nuts.

I was testing dronie function and it ascended about 40 meters.

I have also experienced image reception problems on the mobile (iphone 6), although the recordings have worked out well.

Questions:

1. Where are the logs stored? Do you have to enable them to be generated?

2. How do you take screenshots? In the traditional way with the mobile or is there any function?

3. What system do you use to record what happens on the mobile screen? (IOs).

Thanks a lot and greetings to all.
2017-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules