Will iPad Mini 4 work with latest firmware update?
1291 12 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Haruuj
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Like many of you I have had problems with the screen going blank and the Phantom disconnecting after the firmware update. Yesterday I started a thread saying this was unacceptable but looks as if it has been censored.

I am using an iPad Mini 2. The P4P is virtually useless now with the firmware update. It disconnects when it is only a thousand feet away, and yes I am in an open area and line of sight.

This is what Ineed to know:

Will an ipad Mini 4 be able to process the signal better and solve the issue?

2017-8-16
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

I think the Mini 4 should work. The mini 2 has a much less powerful processor, and the App is power hungry...
2017-8-16
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

It is not about the firmware or any firmware version. It is about the Dji Go 4 which consume high cpu power and the iPad mini 4 may not be good enough now. You will experience device overload, heat and glitch of video feed sometime. Try iPhone 7+ or iPad air2. Turning off video cache will help.
2017-8-16
Use props
fansa7dc5944
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50988 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

For firmware updating. Read the release note always. You need to update the rc first thrn the aircraft. Disconnecting of rc can occur. That is normal. Just relink them.
2017-8-16
Use props
ImFly
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164081 ft
United States

You should try the Litchi app and get a mini 4. I use this now and have no issues anymore. I was experiencing the same thing you have. However I will mention that my drone is on FW .509 and refuse to update. I have Litchi and flown with it for a couple weeks now and it has worked well with my mini4. Hope that helps.
2017-8-16
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am using an Ipad Mini 4 and have had no issues at all. I am on the latest firmware and DJI GO 4 v 415.
2017-8-16
Use props
Kuya Kano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 797913 ft
United States

fansa7dc5944 Posted at 2017-8-16 14:14
It is not about the firmware or any firmware version. It is about the Dji Go 4 which consume high cpu power and the iPad mini 4 may not be good enough now. You will experience device overload, heat and glitch of video feed sometime. Try iPhone 7+ or iPad air2. Turning off video cache will help.

I have the iPhone7+.  It works great.  It does start to glitch (freeze momentarily)  the video transmission at about 1600 meters.  Also, the iPhone7+ has its volume control nobs built right where the bottom bracket of the controller (if placed centered) rests over the "volume down" button, so you have to offset the iPhone7+ in the cradle a little bit.  This isn't a problem unless you wish to use a hood with the iPhone7+.
2017-8-17
Use props
Xian Onemanshow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5384334 ft
France

Hi guys

I got an iPad Mini 4 about 2 weeks ago , specially dedicated to the APPS (  Dji Go 4  & Litchi  + others ) .
its only 16Gb of data storage , model A1538 .
It was running ok for about a week , then Litchi  became unstable and flickering / black/green lines , Aircraft disconnection ...
since then , it ‘ s nightmare to use Litchi , but Dji `go was still more stable .
I tried  Litchi on my iPhone 7+ , runs just  fine ..
so basically i think i need to change the tablet and get something better , i even had lots of error messages .
anything after 2015 Manufacturer year , and the ones with A9 chip i guess would be  just  better , mine, all APPS closed , all firmware up to date ( but the ~remote controller)  the iPad is throwing performance errors messages.
Good luck
2017-8-17
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Xian Onemanshow Posted at 2017-8-17 13:54
Hi guys

I got an iPad Mini 4 about 2 weeks ago , specially dedicated to the APPS (  Dji Go 4  & Litchi  + others ) .

Hi. Good summary of your experience - thanks.

I'm interested to hear that Litchi has caused issues - it was running OK on my iPad Mini 2, but I need to try the latest release to see if that's still the case.

Regardless, my previous testing suggested that GO requires at least the A8 CPU now. So, the iPad Mini 4 should be fine in handling the extra processing load imposed by video transmission decoding, which seems to have become less efficient with the 4.1.x series of GO (and why Litchi users are laughing...)

But that's not your experience. I'll test the latest release of Litchi this weekend - weather permitting. I also have an iPad Air 2 now which has the A8X CPU. I'll test that too.
2017-8-17
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I have the Mini 4 and since the last Go4 update it is bad. The video is not smooth anymore, it's very bumpy.
I don't have disconnects or a heat problem. I have tried different bit rate settings for video transfer in the custom settings under HD. No changes. I'm digging my K1 out now to see if anything got better on the Android side.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

A proper one is the best. I would recommend you to test the performance personally before making the decision.
2017-8-18
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Always use the iPad Mini 4 and had my P4P up last night to see if I could catch the sunset after glow - No issues at all and stable as ever. Latest FW and updates to app.
2017-8-18
Use props
Sonneman
New
Flight distance : 107920 ft

Australia

DJI assistant 2
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules