1165 17 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had both Spark and Mavic Pro but it didn't take too long before I decided to get rid of the Spark and stay with the Mavic Pro. Spark is cool copter but Mavic gave me much more. The Mavic Pro definitely met my expectations (far more than Sparkie).

Did you guys experience the same thing? or kept both copters?
2017-8-16
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

i was quite worried that the spark might turn out to be a better bet than my mavic i had bought just before dji announced the spark. over time and with yr comment i am happily convinced that my mavic was the right way to go.
2017-8-16
Use props
BluesDragon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 634291 ft
United States

Off topic: Gotta love that lean angle in your avatar!

Back on topic: Never tried out the Spark, but love my Mavic...
2017-8-16
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BluesDragon Posted at 2017-8-16 12:53
Off topic: Gotta love that lean angle in your avatar!

Back on topic: Never tried out the Spark, but love my Mavic...

Thanks!! yeah love my Mavic too
2017-8-16
Use props
ephektz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94534 ft
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-8-16 15:52
Thanks!! yeah love my Mavic too

Surely that is a staged photo and you are not leathered up, dragging knee on a residential street?
2017-8-16
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Two birds is better then one.  Different tools for different jobs. Love them both.
2017-8-16
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ephektz Posted at 2017-8-16 16:21
Surely that is a staged photo and you are not leathered up, dragging knee on a residential street?

Yes had full leathers, practicing BP and some scraping pucks BUT NOT on residential street. It was a closed no traffic area. {:4_181:}
2017-8-17
Use props
Timecut
lvl.1
Flight distance : 406608 ft
United States

I bought the spark (Fly more) first, love the size and can charge three batteries at once and more bell and whistles flight modes. I ended up return it because of the flight time. I got around 12mins for each charge. I bought the Mavic pro right after and I just love the battery time and the speed
2017-8-17
Use props
kabekid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128002 ft
United States

i love both. the spark under tree canopies, in forests, closed up areas is so much better, and it's sport mode, while not as fast, it is more nimble. love the mavic for all it does as well.
2017-8-17
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Timecut Posted at 2017-8-17 06:00
I bought the spark (Fly more) first, love the size and can charge three batteries at once and more bell and whistles flight modes. I ended up return it because of the flight time. I got around 12mins for each charge. I bought the Mavic pro right after and I just love the battery time and the speed

ditto ! love the speed, battery time, flight distance, OCUSYNC feature and the intell feature are enough for my needs.
2017-8-17
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have both Mavic and Spark and I like them both. Even though Mavic is small when folded up, it's still not small as Spark. I use them both on my last trip on different situations.
2017-8-17
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

sparky is amazing for what it is..  hardware wise its astonishing.. software wise... dji seems to held it back a bit more than they should have..     but comparing mavic pro to sparky isn't fair or correct... different tools for different jobs, but they can be swapped out for same jobs if really wanted to.. bit like comparing a socket wrench to an impact driver..sure they merge over and can do same thing..  but certain jobs when socket wrench is superior and certain jobs when the impact driver is superior.... and for that i wish DJi saw it as it is and unlocked much more software for the spark..  

for example if i was to own both, the mavic pro is what i would use most of the time for exploring far and long.. the spark is what i would use in a crowd or at a gathering.. its less intimidating, smaller, less noisy at distance.. mavic is larger, louder, and more intimidating to unfamiliar people.... but it has upper hand at range, runtime and quality of the camera..

2017-8-17
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-17 10:50
sparky is amazing for what it is..  hardware wise its astonishing.. software wise... dji seems to held it back a bit more than they should have..     but comparing mavic pro to sparky isn't fair or correct... different tools for different jobs, but they can be swapped out for same jobs if really wanted to.. bit like comparing a socket wrench to an impact driver..sure they merge over and can do same thing..  but certain jobs when socket wrench is superior and certain jobs when the impact driver is superior.... and for that i wish DJi saw it as it is and unlocked much more software for the spark..  

for example if i was to own both, the mavic pro is what i would use most of the time for exploring far and long.. the spark is what i would use in a crowd or at a gathering.. its less intimidating, smaller, less noisy at distance.. mavic is larger, louder, and more intimidating to unfamiliar people.... but it has upper hand at range, runtime and quality of the camera..

" its less intimidating, smaller, less noisy at distance.."

Good point...when I flew the Sparky, some folks where curious about how small it was.
2017-8-17
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-8-17 15:45
" its less intimidating, smaller, less noisy at distance.."

Good point...when I flew the Sparky, some folks where curious about how small it was.

oh yea, i had people come over to me all the time when i flew my spark, i met a lot of people flying my spark.. i did a few favors for people like a few videos of some practice games like soccer that i sent people..a couple people who interrupted me rudely to tell me about what they think...  some i have converted from drone hater to admirers..  they see how incontrol i am and how it handles itself they dont feel to bothered anymore...  other people see that as like "skynet taking over" and they annoy me with their political beliefs  and social agendas and wanting them banned and people arrested and blah blah....   i'm like, "can you leave me alone, my drone wont hurt you, i wont harm you if you leave me alone.. however if you keep bothering me, i may finally get to learn how human body reacts to a 762x39 bullet.. and believe me, im itching to fill my curiosity"  then give them creepy slow smile.. police showed up once after i said that to some crazy lady... ."did you threatene her.."   im like nah...  she was harrassing me tho and i put her in her place she just completely insane and anti drone.. they watched me fly then nodded, thanked me for my time and said ya, they dont beleive anythign happened either, they get calls about her every so often anyway...

but ya you will meet alot of people.... mostly cool people 95% cool people just curious or excited.. maybe a bit inquizitive wanting to know more...  2.5% poeple you meet may want to come over to say somethign negitive but end up leaving as beleivers and admirers...  and 2.5% theres just no hope for.. just find a new place if you bump into one... or dedicate your spare time to constantly bothering them.. watever floats your boat..  i know my GF is the type of person that would proudly boast about bothering them for hours..  she hella fiesty..  

2017-8-17
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-17 17:16
oh yea, i had people come over to me all the time when i flew my spark, i met a lot of people flying my spark.. i did a few favors for people like a few videos of some practice games like soccer that i sent people..a couple people who interrupted me rudely to tell me about what they think...  some i have converted from drone hater to admirers..  they see how incontrol i am and how it handles itself they dont feel to bothered anymore...  other people see that as like "skynet taking over" and they annoy me with their political beliefs  and social agendas and wanting them banned and people arrested and blah blah....   i'm like, "can you leave me alone, my drone wont hurt you, i wont harm you if you leave me alone.. however if you keep bothering me, i may finally get to learn how human body reacts to a 762x39 bullet.. and believe me, im itching to fill my curiosity"  then give them creepy slow smile.. police showed up once after i said that to some crazy lady... ."did you threatene her.."   im like nah...  she was harrassing me tho and i put her in her place she just completely insane and anti drone.. they watched me fly then nodded, thanked me for my time and said ya, they dont beleive anythign happened either, they get calls about her every so often anyway...

" some i have converted from drone hater to admirers."

.....this is what I think we all hope would happen with those haters.

Looks like you handled yourself well with creep.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The two drones are introduced to different audience and variable scenes. It's nice to hear that you have found a proper one which is suitable for you.
2017-8-18
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

I used a borrowed mavic a few months ago and bought a spark when it came out. I figured that since I d use it from the boat risking $500 was better than $1000

Overall the spark did 90% of what the mavic can do. I don't need 4K and the advertised range while much shorter than mavic was ok. Same with battery life, 12 minutes actual use (landing with 20%+)  while not great, is ok

Problem is that my spark was lost (either shut down or flew away) after a bunch of trouble free flight.

The one thing mavic has and  which matters to me is the ability to fly faster with a stabilized gimbal whereas the spark goes into FPV mode over 12mph (sports mode) making it useless to shoot any "action" activity

2017-8-20
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PascalG Posted at 2017-8-20 17:54
I used a borrowed mavic a few months ago and bought a spark when it came out. I figured that since I d use it from the boat risking $500 was better than $1000

Overall the spark did 90% of what the mavic can do. I don't need 4K and the advertised range while much shorter than mavic was ok. Same with battery life, 12 minutes actual use (landing with 20%+)  while not great, is ok

"The one thing mavic has and  which matters to me is the ability to fly faster with a stabilized gimbal whereas the spark goes into FPV mode over 12mph (sports mode) making it useless to shoot any "action" activity "

Yes agreed. Sports mode is insane and even the video footage is relatively steady (of course the 3 axis helps).

What drew me closer to the MP, was also the extra battery life.
2017-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules