GO APP question
661 5 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_mnDjFM9
lvl.1
Philippines

Hi all - new pilot here.

I bought a spark fly more and am very happy with it - one question though that i cant seem to find a real answer to or a solution.  When i start flying, a screen pops out that says beginner mode is on and i cant click ok to dismiss the screen.  It will just stay there for a long time and after some time it will disappear and this isnt consistent.  Sometimes it will disappear after the phone sends a message that it is waiiting and do i want to close the app and i hit cancel.  Sometimes it will disappear after that message about waiting for the app happens the second time.

i have up to date dji app, i have a samsung note 3 and i turned on airplane mode but kept wifi on to connect to the RC not using OTG.

i can still fly th drone even if that message is showing, by ,manually starting up the motors, i can make the drone fly and i can control it.  that darn screen is just stuck there

anyone have any ideas??

thanks

2017-8-16
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

It is the option enabled by default when you first start the drone to limit some potentially dangerous moves and sets a maximum distance to fly away.

You can disable this mode in the options of the DJI GO 4 application.
2017-8-16
Use props
djiuser_mnDjFM9
lvl.1
Philippines

Didiko Posted at 2017-8-16 11:25
It is the option enabled by default when you first start the drone to limit some potentially dangerous moves and sets a maximum distance to fly away.

You can disable this mode in the options of the DJI GO 4 application.

Thanks for chiming in.  Yep, i know  about that option but i want to keep it on beginner as I am really a beginner also i let my 8 year old son drive it sometimes while i supervise.  The problem is that i cant dismiss that screen immediately - the OK button doesnt seem to work
2017-8-16
Use props
Didiko
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18399 ft
Belgium

This behaviour is very strange.

I don't have an explanation, logically this message should disappear rather quickly from the screen. As far as I am concerned, I don't remember if this message was popping up systematically while still in this mode.

Sorry to insist but have you tried to switch this option Off and then On again and see if this affects the "problem".

Otherwise, some incompatibility with Android notifications or another third party software installed on the phone would be my best guess.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to reinstall the app by scanning the QR code of our official website, and you can try another mobile device to test.
2017-8-17
Use props
djiuser_mnDjFM9
lvl.1
Philippines

Thank you so much Didiko and Thor!  Will follow your tips. Have a great day!!!
2017-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules