Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey Guys,

I'm curious, do you any of you do any virtual scouting of new sites you are potentially going to go fly at?  If so, what tools do you use?  I put a video together talking about this topic and show a bit about the process I follow.

2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nice video. Thanks for sharing with us!
2017-8-18
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, i use google earth and a custom KML file with the same camera field of view as the DJI Phantom 3 to take an almost perfect preview of what Ill see when I send my phantom up to get the shot. Funnily enough, i was just updating this to work for the spark when I saw your post. Here are the KML files if anyone wants to use them.
Spark FOV kml for google earth
Phantom 3 Adv/Pro FOV kml for google earth
2017-8-19
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Thanks for sharing, i love your youtube videos, keep them coming.  PS: you should do a review now that you've had your spark for a few months now.
2017-9-5
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-8-19 06:34
Yeah, i use google earth and a custom KML file with the same camera field of view as the DJI Phantom 3 to take an almost perfect preview of what Ill see when I send my phantom up to get the shot. Funnily enough, i was just updating this to work for the spark when I saw your post. Here are the KML files if anyone wants to use them.
Spark FOV kml for google earth
Phantom 3 Adv/Pro FOV kml for google earth

Thanks that's awesome man
2017-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
Don't forget a app / site that tells you when and where the light (sun) will come from.
2017-9-5
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate all your videos, and this one in particular.  I've been hiking some trails around my neighborhood, and this gives us (or shows us we already had) other tools to scout out locations and come up with flight plans.

I like the stressing of the flight plans.  Given that the spark has limited battery, I always like to have a plan of what my intent is before each flight and how I intend to achieve that intent.
2017-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules