1110 3 2017-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans49707f94
New
Flight distance : 2668415 ft
Australia

Hello all,

I've done 15.5 hours of flying with my Mavic and I did 24 hours with a Phantom 3 Pro that I had before it.  I've not had any problems before, but now I have one with the Mavic Pro. Last week I attempted the latest firmware update and about half way through the installation the aircraft turned off.  I tried again and it turned off again and I noticed the heatsink at the bottom of the aircraft was very hot.  The fan had not come on and I think it overheated.  Since then the aircraft will not connect to the controller and the fan won't come on either. I have tried binding the controller and also used DJI Assistant 2 to return the controller to the previous firmware version.  The aircraft will not connect to the DJI Assistant 2 either.  The little LED light under the flap next to the SD card shows a very dim red light (it used to be bright green!).  The LED at the rear of the aircraft fashes orange.  When I turn the aircraft off the forward most LED light on the battery flashes for a while before the aircraft actually turns off 9I expect this is indicating a problem).  I have taken a video, Youtube link below. I bought the aircraft brand new from a seller on ebay and have contacted them. I bought it in early April this year. They requested the video and I am hopeful they will help but I'm also opening it up to all of you to help too if you can.  I think the fan died and the overheat caused the motherboard to die also. I did contact DJI but they have said I need to contact the dealer...  Any ideas?  
The versions are as follows;
App: 4.1.5
Aircraft: 'Version Unknown'
Remote Controller: 01.03.0800
App Database: 01.00.01.04

I expect it has to go back under warranty.  I accept that it was an ebay purchase but I am not overly impressed that DJI aren't interested considering they made it! Online support have not been at all interested and in another thread I was asked the version details but that was the last in heard.  COME ON DJI DO SOMETHING TO HELP!!!! Don't fob me off and tell me about the global watrranty, tell me what you think is wrong so I can work out what to do.
I really love the mavic and am very disappointed it is out of action.
A video showing the issues etc is here:

2017-8-16
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Sorry dude! I think you are screwed! Try to work with the ebay dealer otherwise send it for repair to DJI, if you can!
2017-8-16
Use props
randy.sauder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Don't fret just yet...I've had the same problem and eventually all good.  Make sure you try a different/better USB cable and switch to another USB port on your computer as well to try to get DJI A2 to work.  It may take many tries.  Also retry to bind the RC to the Mavic...this may take several tries as well.   The big problem with the Mavic is that when you do a FW update it takes several minutes (sometimes much longer!) for the processor inside the mavic to write all it's config settings into it's nrram...AND THIS TAKES PLACE AFTER THE FIRMWARE UPDATE IS COMPLETE!!!!.  Many people think that just b/c the FW writing is complete that it is finished...it is NOT!  DJI does not mention that sometimes it takes a crazy long time (several minutes and upto an hour (my experience) for the writing to nvram to complete.  This is very poor design (the FW).  If you stop the update too early or think it is done when it is not, you most often corrupt the Firmware.  Most of the time the Mavic is NOT BRICKED but you may need to reflash it's FW a couple times after that to ensure it is fully erased and rewritten correctly.  Sometimes people's FW contains errors because of a poor flash/wirte; and I'm certain this is what causes the majority of issues that people have with their Mavics.
2017-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I have replied you in the last post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-108905-1-1.html, please consider and advise.
2017-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules