1821 4 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Janus104
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49321 ft
Germany

Hello all, this is my first post :-).

I was playing around with the SRT files of my Mavic and realised that  the GPS coordinates only have 4 decimal places. This results in a pretty  poor precision of about 7.3 m E/W and 11.0 m N/S for me.

If I try to visualize the Mavic's flightpath the results will therefore always look like this:

example.jpg

I was trying to get some additional information out of the data stored  in the SRT file (e.g. speed) but it is almost impossible with the  coordinates as they are. There are updates where the coordinate "jumps"  about 13 m between two updates (30 milliseconds).

So my question is:

Is there a way to increase the precision of the coordinates stored in  the SRT files? And if not, I was wondering how other people like from  "Orbis Terrae" are dealing with this issue?

Currently I am trying to use a Kalman filter, but I am not sure if this the way to fix this issue.

2017-8-17
Use props
jflyer3
lvl.2
United States

>I was wondering how other people like from  "Orbis Terrae" are dealing with this issue?

I am dealing with the exact same issue. Check out this post.
I have requested DJI increase precision to 6 digits of lat/lon degrees, and add speed to the SRT format. The request has been raised to DJI engineers. Hopefully, they'll address this in an update.

2017-8-17
Use props
Janus104
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49321 ft
Germany

jflyer3 Posted at 2017-8-17 10:13
>I was wondering how other people like from  "Orbis Terrae" are dealing with this issue?

I am dealing with the exact same issue. Check out this post.

Thank you for your response. I somehow missed your thread about this when I searched for "SRT" on the forum...

Also, nice work with Dashcam Viewer. Looks nifty.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your attention. I would recommend you to check the coordinates in flight records momentarily.
2017-8-19
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Any updates regarding this problem? Thanks
2018-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules