Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Has DJI Goggles any 3D feature?
17917 26 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3D-USER
lvl.1

Germany

Hi all,

I am thinking about ordering a DJI Goggles. I want to use the Goggles as safety glasses against laser light emission.
Installing a stereo video camera in front of the Googles and see the real life but safe.
For me it was totally clear that the Goggles is a 3D device, but going through the specifications I found no information that the Goggles work 3D.
Does anybody know more about that? Is the flight view also only mono?

2017-8-17
Use props
TheCyberKnight
lvl.3
Canada

The flight view is only mono. Most compatible DJI drones have a single sensor camera anyway. Yet.
There is also no indications yet that DJI can/could use the dual display setup to produce 3D images.
2017-8-17
Use props
3D-USER
lvl.1

Germany

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-17 07:01
The flight view is only mono. Most compatible DJI drones have a single sensor camera anyway. Yet.
There is also no indications yet that DJI can/could use the dual display setup to produce 3D images.

Thanks a lot.

What a shame. The hardware looks so good and hdmi 1.4 supports 3D in principle.
May be people by DJI can give additional information.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The DJI Goggles do not have 3D features for now. I will forward to our engineers for review and consider. Appreciate your attention.
2017-8-19
Use props
3D-USER
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-19 00:27
The DJI Goggles do not have 3D features for now. I will forward to our engineers for review and consider. Appreciate your attention.

DJI Susan, thanks for your help so far.
I am very exited about the response of the engineers. We are lookking about one year for a stereo viewer.
The DJI Goggles supports nearly all requirements for our application except 3D.
The normal  laser safety glasses are not a good choice to build a laser because you cannot see the laser beam and light reflexes. Therefore external cameras and monitors are needed.
With the Goggles and a stereo camera directly mounted it would be a significant help for the engineers building a laser.
2017-8-22
Use props
Pierre35
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117881 ft
Malaysia

Yeah. I would vote for 3D support in DJI Goggles. If we are not flying drone, we could use the goggles to watch 3D movie. I'm going to get the goggles if it support 3D as I don't fly my drone everyday so the goggles most likely will just stay at home.
2017-8-24
Use props
3D-USER
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-19 00:27

Hi Susan,

any news from the engineers?
2017-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

3D-USER Posted at 2017-9-4 02:30
Hi Susan,

any news from the engineers?

We have not got any update yet. We will release as soon as more features are available. Please keep an eye of DJI official website.
2017-9-5
Use props
fansde594376
New
United Kingdom

It's now solidly into 2018, winter is slowly on the way out, and it's been a 3rd of a year since anything was mentioned in this topic... are there any updates on 3D support yet?
2018-2-9
Use props
Diversant
lvl.3
Flight distance : 112162 ft
Russia

The same with Racing Edition? No 3D?
2018-3-3
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

You guys know there is only one screen on top of the right eye and a reflection of it on the left.
I don't see how this should be a vr/3d headset.

2018-3-4
Use props
Andy M
New
United States

According to this teardown there are two screens...

https://myfirstdrone.com/blog/dj ... why-are-they-so-big
2018-3-12
Use props
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

Good to know, thought the left side was only mirrored, but that explains the faint overlap in the left eye.
So hopefully the goggles get a 3D update then
2018-3-13
Use props
Jamesjts
lvl.2
Flight distance : 916578 ft
United States

Andy M Posted at 2018-3-12 21:11
According to this teardown there are two screens...

https://myfirstdrone.com/blog/dji-goggles-teardown-why-are-they-so-big

Thanks nice info
2018-3-16
Use props
KennethMcNutt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1378386 ft

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-5 02:52
We have not got any update yet. We will release as soon as more features are available. Please keep an eye of DJI official website.

Should I still keep looking
2018-4-30
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97224 ft
United States

I doubt Dji will enable 3D in the goggles unless they find a way to profit from unlocking the feature! They keep most of there consumer grade products locked down and limited! Sure the inspire and higher drones have amazing alternative capabilities! But you are paying a small fortune to own one of them!  If Dji ever gets into rental of streaming 3D video I can see them unlock the 3D ability in the Firmware I think we have a better chance if someone writes custom Firmware for the goggles! Sure it will probably void the warranty but I have 2 pair now one not activated if I find someone that wrote a custom FW I will definitely use it once the warranty expires on my first pair! It’s ashame  big corporations behave like this!  If they don’t see a immediate profit they just don’t act! I think it would open sales upto a larger audience but they would then put a larger load on there already subpar support!
2018-5-25
Use props
fans3dc22c35
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1391112 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would love to see DJI develop and sell a drone that is for the purpose of pleasure flying with a 3D view.  Duel cameras on the drone that link to 1080 3D Goggles with the same or bigger view as their current ones.  Right now I fly using the goggles and the Mavic Pro.  It's great, but true 3D FPV is the next step.  Any chance of this happening?  If it does, I'll be the first one to press "order"!
2019-1-14
Use props
VBC
New
Flight distance : 4560 ft
Portugal

Hi Dear DJI Susan,
Please insist with your Engineering Team. Maybe its not so impossible and can be sold as a separate add-on software/firmware to add this obvious capability on a 2 screen quality googles.
I thought it will be possible when i bought my DJI Racing edition. It seemed to me so obvious that i didnt even ask or search for this capability.
I work in the 3d Industry in architectural virtual 3D imaging and tours. Right now we have a costumer asking for a 3D Realtime FP tour even with the order of some pairs of googles to view a 3d Scenario.
A lot of companies worlwide working in this 3d industy have their own drones to aerial filming and composite this aerial shootings with 3d Simulations overlayed.
Instead of buying another pais of googles they will buy your piece of software to make it possible or simply  your googles will have more value on your market.  
Plz communicate us here in the forum if it will be possible, if we can remain with some hope on this or we must look for other brands and products in the market.
Thank you very much for your effort and answer.

PS. anyone reading this can give me some ideas on how to find nice googles to view/use with Stereo images

best
vitor
2019-3-10
Use props
unrepeatable raddish
lvl.1

United States

TheCyberKnight Posted at 2017-8-17 07:01

theres actually a reason for this... you dont see the whole image with each eye.... the goggles use 2 screens onto a 45 degree glass... the glass is polarised so part of the image is actually blocked on each.... if you look... when the image is very bright at one side... you will see a ghost type image of it on the other
2019-7-1
Use props
unrepeatable raddish
lvl.1

United States

3D-USER Posted at 2017-8-22 00:42
DJI Susan, thanks for your help so far.
I am very exited about the response of the engineers. We are lookking about one year for a stereo viewer.
The DJI Goggles supports nearly all requirements for our application except 3D.

given your goggles use polarised glass, meaning each eye does not get the full image.. how could they be made 3d??
2019-7-1
Use props
fans61c4ba66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 909347 ft
United States

I was wondering this same thing but this isn't something that could be added with firmware updated, I dont think.  Its my understanding that for 3D or binocular vision the drone would have to have two cameras, one for each screen, that would give a slightly different angle and thus create binocular vision.  Probably not a big deal when viewing long distances? but up close it seems like it would make more of a difference?
2020-1-19
Use props
petersperomusic.com
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1391112 ft
  • >>>
United States

I know this is an old forum but I would so love to see DJI design a truly 3D FPV drone, two cameras on the drone, 3D Goggles.  For me, that would really feel like you're flying!!!
2020-5-1
Use props
fans83c05b7b
New
Flight distance : 243638 ft
China

Hi guys, it's 3y pass and DJI didn't found out any solutions and no update for 3D goggle, even goggle SE, I think they're give up or something...
It's sad...
2020-8-22
Use props
djiuser_wNeLbk9mdStQ
New

United States

fans83c05b7b Posted at 2020-8-22 21:53
Hi guys, it's 3y pass and DJI didn't found out any solutions and no update for 3D goggle, even goggle SE, I think they're give up or something...
It's sad...

There is a company called visual-vertigo That did some very interesting work in 3-D … for example they figured out how to do 3-D where I nstead of having two lenses they simply use the time delay between two recorded images…(as long as the camera was moving laterally in one direction or the other) and then syncing the images to “real time”  to correspond to a left and right view. It creates some artifacts in some situations but in many cases the 3D is stellar. I’m not even sure if they are still around but I did download a couple of their apps in the past and they work quite nicely Albeit they have some hiccups. It might be worth reaching out to them.
2021-8-5
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

lol guys, those goggles are such a niche market compare to drones. Then you ask for a feature that is even more niche! Makes no business sense. Forget about this. Even 3D is dead in film industry.
better find other solutions or make your own.

you can have 3D with analog goggles. Even that guy stop making it because no one bought them.
http://www.emrlabs.ca/index.php?pageid=2
and
NerdCam3D Mk.2 Stereoscopic FPV Flight Camera

2021-8-16
Use props
robomaniac
lvl.2
Canada

petersperomusic.com Posted at 2020-5-1 04:29
I know this is an old forum but I would so love to see DJI design a truly 3D FPV drone, two cameras on the drone, 3D Goggles.  For me, that would really feel like you're flying!!!

have you done your research, 3D stereoscopic view in the air is zero, nothing, object are so far that the effect of 3D is not there. On RC car that is better. In proximity flying in trees would be amazing. But not everyone has the skills to fly like that.

here grab carboard box, place phone in it and look at this video

there is an option with youtube on the phone to tell you want to watch in the VR box thing. (if they did not  remove it)
2021-8-16
Use props
fans2d14e658
New

United States

I would have scooped up the Avita already had it supported stereoscopic 3d in flight. It’s a great suggestion for your next fpv model.
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules