Impression after 3 weeks and 11hrs. of flight
1201 19 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
J.T.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076637 ft
Italy

I must say that I'm really impressed by this Mavic.... since 3 weeks ago when I had finally put my hands on one I immediately start to fly and test everything from the remote to the app and the drone itself.
After 11 hours of flight and 40 battery recharge I'm still testing and try new feature that I have to use, some of the intelligent flight mode for example, but I'm very proud of my choice. The Mavic is small when folded and it's perfect for journey and till now no problem with the folding mechanism, I have only one concern about leaving the blades installed when folded because it seems that it dose not close all the way especially the 2 rear legs and maybe in the bag it could put some pressure on the blades itself.
If i'm very happy for the drone I'm still a little disappointed about the Android APP (I know there are too many android devices and bla..bla..bla..) but, in my opinion it still a little buggy and sometime it gives you some breathtaking moments especially when it lag or worst it crash with apparently no sense. But you know the flight will never be boring in this way
For shure this wont prevent me flying around, till now I never lose the remote controller signal so even if the app crash I still have the control of the drone but you know this should turn a caution light in your head, and you need to worry a lot more on where you are flying your drone especially over what you are flying in case you lose all control....
So as all other drone you need to think a lot before takoff but for the rest it still a good and amazing drones to fly
Hope to relase more feedback soon

Happy landings to all and always FLY SAFE   
2017-8-17
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Feel the same, love the Mavic.

IMHO, glad I don't have a Android device as it seems to function and responds very well with Apple device from my experience.
2017-8-17
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Dear J.T. ,

I have one MAVIC either. I am not as experienced as you, but I love it.
At the beginning, I had some issues, but know, even with some crashes and bugs I still take pleasure to flight my little bird.

Cheers,
2017-8-17
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Denmark

Welcome to the club. With some minors twicking the MP is the champ of mobility! lol
2017-8-17
Use props
McCrea
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331358 ft
Canada

Mavic is great! No bug for me for now
2017-8-17
Use props
UtahKevin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301535 ft
United States

11 Hours in 3 weeks...wow! That's impressive, glad your enjoying it I love mine!
2017-8-17
Use props
Fingers
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1365676 ft
United Kingdom

Well said JT, I concur.
2017-8-17
Use props
ToonTonic
New
Flight distance : 47359 ft
United Kingdom

Same as OP, love the mavic but the software is garbage (at least it is on Samsung S7)
2017-8-17
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
Cayman Islands

ToonTonic Posted at 2017-8-17 13:17
Same as OP, love the mavic but the software is garbage (at least it is on Samsung S7)

To be fair its more how Samsung utterly butcher the android OS more than the app.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Thanks for your positive feedback first. Our engineers are working on the APP and hopefully it will become better and better.
2017-8-19
Use props
Archangel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 164669 ft
Netherlands

I have a mavic for 3 or 4 weeks now, i love it. It's a great little machine that makes beatiful movies and pictures. I had a parrot bebop before, wich was fun, but the mavic is a few levels higher.
There is just one thing, that parrot has done way better in my opinion than DJI and that's the accessibility of the flightdata. They have more data like roll and pitch and it's directly accessible on your device and online.
It's also easy useable in garmin edit. just inport the data file, choose a nice skin and it's al visible in your video.
2017-8-19
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

Archangel Posted at 2017-8-19 01:45
I have a mavic for 3 or 4 weeks now, i love it. It's a great little machine that makes beatiful movies and pictures. I had a parrot bebop before, wich was fun, but the mavic is a few levels higher.
There is just one thing, that parrot has done way better in my opinion than DJI and that's the accessibility of the flightdata. They have more data like roll and pitch and it's directly accessible on your device and online.
It's also easy useable in garmin edit. just inport the data file, choose a nice skin and it's al visible in your video.

I've never try the parrot drones, but i get your point, althought i dont use the flight data too much and so the one in the mavic are enougth for me!!
Are you an helicopter pilot?? Because you have the exact same nickname of a god friend of mine
2017-8-25
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-19 00:34
Thanks for your positive feedback first. Our engineers are working on the APP and hopefully it will become better and better.

Nice to read this and I can say that the last update is fantastic, the app seems a lot more stable!!
2017-8-25
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-17 07:12
Welcome to the club. With some minors twicking the MP is the champ of mobility! lol

I choose it for this reason so I can bring it with me when i work with the helicopter
2017-8-25
Use props
Goatherdervt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 386178 ft
United States

I am a new Mavic owner too with about 2 hours of flight time. I regularly fly gas and electric planes at a local flying field, and since I got my Mavic I haven't even touched my planes since. I am so impressed by the little Mav that I have suddenly been thrust into video photography. Having a great time.
2017-8-25
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

J.T. Posted at 2017-8-25 14:18
I choose it for this reason so I can bring it with me when i work with the helicopter

This is an idea for you, film the MP racing the Heli!  
2017-8-30
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

I am the E Posted at 2017-8-30 19:42
This is an idea for you, film the MP racing the Heli!

mmmm not the best idea but if I'll have the opportunity wy not make some video with the helicopter
2017-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the positive story!
2017-8-31
Use props
Tealk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 479613 ft
Romania

Use at least Galaxy S5 for android app and it will work fine...no problem for me from begining..
2017-9-18
Use props
J.T.
Second Officer
Italy

Tealk Posted at 2017-9-18 21:10
Use at least Galaxy S5 for android app and it will work fine...no problem for me from begining..

After the first app update after i bought the mavic everythings work perfectly with my S7Edge, I'm happy now with my set-up
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules