Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 4 RC not fully charging
1000 7 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1330495 ft
  • >>>
United States

As many others are experiencing, my P4 RC is not fully charging.  It would only charge to 92% after 2 firmware updates ago.  Now, after the last firmware update it only goes to 81-85%.

I called DJI Support and here is what they recommended:
Refresh the RC software using DJI Assistant.  Then try to recharge.

If that didn't work, try a deep discharge/recharge.

Has anyone already tried these proposed resolutions?  Did it work?  Did it make things worse?

I'm hesitant to try as I don't want to make things worse.  My P4 flies well and I still can get a decent charge on my RC.  I just would like to get a full RC charge.

2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Is the fully discharge/recharge working? If no helps, I would recommend you to start a repair case and send it in for diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-8-17
Use props
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-17 18:12
Is the fully discharge/recharge working? If no helps, I would recommend you to start a repair case and send it in for diagnosis: http://www.dji.com/support

I did not try the discharge recharge.  Based on other stories I've read around the forums I'm afraid to do so.   I have some work I have to to in the next few months and cannot afford down time should this cause harm to the RC.  I'd be more willing to try it if others who've tried would share some success stories.  To this point no one has replied other than you.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansd1d40f34 Posted at 2017-8-18 08:55
I did not try the discharge recharge.  Based on other stories I've read around the forums I'm afraid to do so.   I have some work I have to to in the next few months and cannot afford down time should this cause harm to the RC.  I'd be more willing to try it if others who've tried would share some success stories.  To this point no one has replied other than you.

According to your description, it might be the hardware issue, please consider my suggestion when you are available to send it in.
2017-8-19
Use props
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-19 00:45
According to your description, it might be the hardware issue, please consider my suggestion when you are available to send it in.

How does one refresh the P4 remote control software?  I tried to downgrade using the Go4 app using my iPad air2 and it just fails trying to download version 1.8

I upgraded again (P4 remote) to the latest remote firmware 1.9.3 today released (9/13/2017 or close to that date) and now my remote only charges to 67%.  Everytime DJI upgrades the remote firmware it lowers the level I can charge my battery.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansd1d40f34 Posted at 2017-9-13 17:07
How does one refresh the P4 remote control software?  I tried to downgrade using the Go4 app using my iPad air2 and it just fails trying to download version 1.8

I upgraded again (P4 remote) to the latest remote firmware 1.9.3 today released (9/13/2017 or close to that date) and now my remote only charges to 67%.  Everytime DJI upgrades the remote firmware it lowers the level I can charge my battery.

The RC is not available to refresh the firmware. I still recommend you to send it in for repair.
2017-9-15
Use props
fansd1d40f34
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 02:40
The RC is not available to refresh the firmware. I still recommend you to send it in for repair.

It's on it's way to DJI for repair.  Thanks for your help.
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansd1d40f34 Posted at 2017-9-16 04:54
It's on it's way to DJI for repair.  Thanks for your help.

You are welcome! Please PM me your case number, and I'd like to follow up the case for you.
2017-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules