Update let down: What would you like to see in future updates?
1187 14 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alan M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1581581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have to say that I love the DJI Goggles.
After purchasing them as soon as they came available in April I received my order in late May and since then there's only been 2 updates.
Although DJI has put imerial in, but since then (and a few another things) DJI hasn't had an update for nearly two months. The goggles display has a lot more protential but seems for the moment has been on the the back burner.

DJI. Can we please get an update for the goggles seeing that it's a new product, or is that it???

2017-8-17
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey alan - what would u like to see updated on the goggles. Personally i would like the histogram to be a goggles option.
2017-8-17
Use props
3D-USER
lvl.1

Germany

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-17 11:04
hey alan - what would u like to see updated on the goggles. Personally i would like the histogram to be a goggles option.

I would like 3D support via HDMI, if the hardware allows that.
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

DJI will keep improving our products to make every customer have a pleasant experience. You are welcome to post your suggestion about our products. We would appreciate that.
2017-8-18
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

3D-USER Posted at 2017-8-17 23:36

3d would be dope.
In certain filming situations - like fly by a tree in the foreground which the camera can see through (not heavy bush) -Seeing the tree in the foreground and focused whatever in the back ground comming into view - this scene looks to me like 3d in the goggles - but if i stop it dissapears and if i keep going then the foreground will soon be past and with it the 3d illusion.
2017-8-18
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-17 11:04

I'd like to see present HUD’s. For example like the HUD that was in the original video for the goggles a HUD for taking Pic’s and video that would include things like the histogram and other settings on the side for quick access.

I think there is so much that can be done (with updates).
2017-8-18
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

Alan M Posted at 2017-8-18 07:27
I'd like to see present HUD’s. For example like the HUD that was in the original video for the goggles a HUD for taking Pic’s and video that would include things like the histogram and other settings on the side for quick access.

I think there is so much that can be done (with updates).

what is HUD?
2017-8-18
Use props
Alan M
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heads Up Display. It's what you see on the screen, the graphics (text) is superimposed over the camera feed.
2017-8-18
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

Alan M Posted at 2017-8-18 07:55
Heads Up Display. It's what you see on the screen, the graphics (text) is superimposed over the camera feed.

Yeh - i'll second that.
2017-8-18
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-8-18 04:15
3d would be dope.
In certain filming situations - like fly by a tree in the foreground which the camera can see through (not heavy bush) -Seeing the tree in the foreground and focused whatever in the back ground comming into view - this scene looks to me like 3d in the goggles - but if i stop it dissapears and if i keep going then the foreground will soon be past and with it the 3d illusion.

Dope? What does that mean?
2017-8-19
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
South Africa

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-8-19 13:47
Dope? What does that mean?

slang for 'very cool'
2017-8-20
Use props
HoverGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 220197 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think it is very important for the goggles to show the signal level for the downlink and uplink. I cannot look at the app and the goggles at the same time. Reviewing the data from the aircraft log showed many disconnects and poor signal conditions which I did not know about with the goggles on.

How about wireless operation for the Spark? I purchased the goggles specifically for the spark and the DJI video shown spark working with the DJI goggles WIRELESSLY, very big let down after I purchased to find out that is not possible!
2017-8-20
Use props
digao100
New
Flight distance : 191293 ft
Brazil

I would to see the battery bar/home in the goggles ... It's very simple but we don't have ...
2017-9-26
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

3D-USER Posted at 2017-8-17 23:36

We are able to see depth because we have two eyes. In order to have 3D capabilities, there would need to have two lens attached to the camera with about 2 inches of separation to to gain depth in a image.
2017-9-27
Use props
3D-USER
lvl.1

Germany

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-9-27 01:45
We are able to see depth because we have two eyes. In order to have 3D capabilities, there would need to have two lens attached to the camera with about 2 inches of separation to to gain depth in a image.

I want to use the Goggles not for a flight apllication. I am working in laser buisiness and my idea is to use the Goggles as safety glasses with an external 3D camera connected via HDMI.
2017-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules