Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pro+ User When did FW v01.04.0602 come out?
1924 10 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dewein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 157746 ft
United States

When did FW v01.04.0602 come out?  I see feedback about it and I fly almost daily but I just got the "New Firmware available" notice today on the P4P+ screen.

2017-8-17
Use props
dewein
lvl.4
United States

UPDATE: Okay so the reason I didn't get the update notice "New Firmware available" until this morning is.... I DID, and I updated it (back on 8-4-2017).  

I guess when I powered on today and the RC was comparing versions, it didn't see the correct version of the AC?  What version did it see?  Okay, that's discomforting in and of itself.  

Turning it on again, it says I'm up to date and a check inside DJI GO (plus) RC confirms that I DO have 01.04.0602 already and this time I didn't get the warning.

I can deal with problems if I know I fixed them (and how I did it) but THIS kind of crap... Works my last nerve
2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The aircraft firmware of v01.04.0602 has been released on 2017.06.08. I would recommend you to check whether it is the controller firmware update.
2017-8-17
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-8-17 18:48
The aircraft firmware of v01.04.0602 has been released on 2017.06.08. I would recommend you to check whether it is the controller firmware update.

For change I'm getting "New Version Detected" message on P4P+ start up, stating V01.02.01.00 of 855.0 MB size and offering either Download or Wait option to choose from. Version of what?  What is it, a FW update which will replace V01.04.0602? What is the reason for NOT keeping the numbers in consecutive order to avoid confusion? Therefore new version of FW should be described as V01.04.0603.

Please advice.
2017-8-17
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

dewein Posted at 2017-8-17 09:22
UPDATE: Okay so the reason I didn't get the update notice "New Firmware available" until this morning is.... I DID, and I updated it (back on 8-4-2017).  

I guess when I powered on today and the RC was comparing versions, it didn't see the correct version of the AC?  What version did it see?  Okay, that's discomforting in and of itself.  

Aloha dewein,

Patience will be a virtue when you use cutting edge technology.  The Do It Yourself tradition fits hand in glove with this wonderful technology.  There is no book or manual on how all this plays out, it is just too new, and once a book is written about it, it is out of date, so reading it is a waste of time.  That is why our manuals are so simple and to the basic points.  Everything else is "learn as you go" and share the new information on this Forum or DJI shares it on the DJI site somehow, usually through videos.

DJI puts out a revolutionary product every six months to a year.  It takes a year to write a book, and it is suddenly, out-of-date.  2000 pages are written about networks alone every week.  Only the most basic of digital tech information ends up in books in today's world.

Think of yourself as on a journey into the unknown and that you have to solve your problems through your own talents.  You need to observe and test everything you do, sometimes many times, or at least be prepared to do so.  You incidentally tested your system to learn that your unit was already up-to-date.  Now you know what to expect in the future in that sort of situation.

You are flying a network of three computers.  Your iOS or Android device, your Remote Controller and your Phantom (or other bird).  Each component has to be linked properly or it will not work.  The nice thing is, after a while, you learn how to tell which part of the network is having a problem.  Then you can focus in that area to solve your problem.

A system restart can solve many problems.  There will be situations where you have to do repeated restarts so a problem gets repaired in steps.  Unplugging and plugging network components back into a network so it can work again should be your first step with almost any problem, so you need to know how to do that without damaging your system.  Cold plugging and hot plugging are very different and sometimes cannot be done with the same equipment.

This will let you take pride in your successes and persevere as you figure out the latest problem.  It really is a lot of fun and that is not even the flying part!  Mahalo for the update on your problem.  I am sure you are helping others that may come across this situation.  

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-8-17
Use props
Dobmatt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-17 21:14
For change I'm getting "New Version Detected" message on P4P+ start up, stating V01.02.01.00 of 855.0 MB size and offering either Download or Wait option to choose from. Version of what?  What is it, a FW update which will replace V01.04.0602? What is the reason for NOT keeping the numbers in consecutive order to avoid confusion? Therefore new version of FW should be described as V01.04.0603.

Please advice.

Replying to myself, I'm guessing it is a controller update since as for now the About page says it is V01.02.00.00. However, the official updating procedure for P4P+ controller clearly recommend the use of SD card with un-zipped software to be inserted into controller slot. Than why there's option to download the update from within on-screen notification? Where it goes and how it is installed on controller?   
2017-8-17
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-8-17 21:14

Please advice.

V01.02.01.00 is only for P4P+ RC with integrated LCD and not aircraft firmware, the aircraft current latest firmware is V01.04.0602.
Feel free connect your aircraft to PC/Mac and run DJI Assistant 2 software then you will know your aircraft installed the latest firmware or not.
2017-8-17
Use props
pasqualefalcicc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12822 ft
Italy

I tried to upgrade to the new version (V01.02.01.00) but it always stops updating
2017-8-18
Use props
dewein
lvl.4
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-8-17 21:24
Aloha dewein,

Patience will be a virtue when you use cutting edge technology.  The Do It Yourself tradition fits hand in glove with this wonderful technology.  There is no book or manual on how all this plays out, it is just too new, and once a book is written about it, it is out of date, so reading it is a waste of time.  That is why our manuals are so simple and to the basic points.  Everything else is "learn as you go" and share the new information on this Forum or DJI shares it on the DJI site somehow, usually through videos.

I agree with patience but here's a twist.  I had my AC connected to DJI Assistant 2 this morning and it told me a FW upgrade was required.  Guess what version it upgraded to?  Yup!  01.04.0602  These little buggers sure have a mind of their own don't they?  Alooooha!
2017-10-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dewein Posted at 2017-10-3 12:03
I agree with patience but here's a twist.  I had my AC connected to DJI Assistant 2 this morning and it told me a FW upgrade was required.  Guess what version it upgraded to?  Yup!  01.04.0602  These little buggers sure have a mind of their own don't they?  Alooooha!

Could it be a battery firmware update ?

It's not unusual for there to be battery updates as well, and each time it is checked in assistant 2 it will tell you an update is required if that battery used is not up to date. Even if the aircraft is.
2017-10-3
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

dewein Posted at 2017-10-3 12:03

Aloha dewein,

The world and DJI works in mysterious ways!  But it works apparently.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules