Featured on Ghost Busters (TAPS)
2017-8-17
Use props
Roy.
First Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice pic, do you live there? I'm at Amelia Island next month, I'm taking my Mavic from the UK, is flying along the beaches tolerated there? Also are there any good drone stores in the area? Thanks for any advice.
2017-8-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

What's the story behind being "haunted"?
2017-8-17
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-17 13:48
What's the story behind being "haunted"?

Don't know if I believe some of this stuff, if the place is haunted just glad it didn't put the MOJO on my Phantom while I was flying close by ! You can watch the investigation here:

You are free to fly on the beaches here, FAA rules apply 400' AGL, LOS, not over groups of people ect... make sure you bring along a means to do advanced unlocking of restricted NFZ, for instance parts of Daytona Beach ( where I live ) are within the 5 mile radius of the Int Airport, some parts are not.

You can unlock pretty much any restricted airspace that is not within a 1 mile radius of a towered airport with out a waiver, which take up to 90 days to get approval, I am Part 107 certified and did my first waiver application, inspected a Freq Hz tower about 350 meters from  the west side of the tower, seemed like forever to get the permit, they do allow you a 3 day window to fly for weather, I suggest you get the Tower phone numbers in advance for any airports in the vicinity to where you want to fly, you DO need to contact Flight Control and let them know this information:

Quadrant from tower you will be flying ( NW,SE ect...)
Launch time, duration of flight
maximum AGL altitude, Some will ask you for your drones S/N#
And they appreciate a call when your flight is complete ( keeps you on good terms should you decide to fly the same spot again)

2017-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules