Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Max distance reached, even though settings are correct?
7668 9 2017-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tonyhhisc
New
United States

I'm wondering, does the DJI Phantom 3 Standard have some sort of intelligent max distance setting based on conditions?

Twice now, the aircraft has been restricted to a certain distance and altitude, even though I have "Enable Max Distance" OFF, and Max Altitude set to 500m.

I get the warning "Max flight distance reached. Adjust in Main Controller Settings if necessary".

According to everything I've read. There should never be any max distance or altitude restriction other than these 2 settings in "Main Controller Settings".

Or could there be some intelligent sensors that are forcing restrictions under certain conditions that I can't control?  

The first time it happened to me, I checked the UAV forecast website and it said "not good to fly". But it was clear outside. It was a little windy, but flew fine. So I thought the forecast was just indicating bad satellite coverage or something. But, could this have caused a distance restriction?

The second time was last night. It was in the evening right before dark and it happened again. So was there forced restrictions because of bad visibility?

Thanks!

Tony

2017-8-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check the GPS signal of these two flights. If it had a weak GPS signal, please refer to the manual: P3S无GPS.png
2017-8-17
Use props
GM74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105502 ft
Netherlands

@DJI Thor.   I dont think Phantom 3 Standard has Vision Positioning ...
2017-8-17
Use props
EdouardVid 6
New
Flight distance : 13970 ft
France

I have exactly the same problem with my Dji Phantom 3 Std, just after a new firmware my dji started to tell me you've reach max flight distance... when I reach 30 meters altitude and 50 meters distance.  Please if someone can help us.  Sorry for my English I'm not from an English speaking country. Thank you.
2017-8-18
Use props
Georgioiv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 761299 ft
Bulgaria

EdouardVid 6 Posted at 2017-8-18 00:28
I have exactly the same problem with my Dji Phantom 3 Std, just after a new firmware my dji started to tell me you've reach max flight distance... when I reach 30 meters altitude and 50 meters distance.  Please if someone can help us.  Sorry for my English I'm not from an English speaking country. Thank you.

Try to relaunch the DJI GO apllication
2017-8-18
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

No VPS on P3 Standard. After newest firwmware update, you must  log out, and log back into DJI through the app. Yo may have to unistall, and reinstall the app to enable this function.
2017-8-18
Use props
tonyhhisc
New
United States

I just went out for a couple flights, it's daylight and clear weather. First try, it gave me the max flight distance reached. Was very annoyed because I know for a fact this time there can't be any conditions issues. I checked all the signals and everything seemed fine. However, I did keep getting the "Strong interference detected. Fly long distances with caution" --- wonder if that had something to do with it?

Anyway, frustrated, I came back inside and pondered... went through all the settings, turned off "smart return home", turn on/off max distance just to make sure it is OFF. When i turned on the max distance setting I could see there was a max distance of 100 in there. If its OFF , then the distance listed there shouldn't matter I assume. But Just for kicks, I changed it to 500... just in case it's being picked up even when OFF. I also made sure my max height was still set to 500. Everything looked good, as always.

I logged out of the app, closed it, restarted it, logged back in, and started everything back up.

Went outside, and decided maybe the compass needed to be re-calibrated. So I did that.

After all that, I was ready to fly again. I took off, and wala! I can fly WAY passed the previous distance restriction. Great! Only problem still: I don't know what fixed it :/

I guess I can just repeat all those steps if it happens again. But still I need to know exactly what is causing it so i know how to fix it and/or avoid it.

Any insight will be much appreciated!

Tony
2017-8-18
Use props
DustMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 973373 ft
United States

If I don't calibrate Compass before flight it will restrict my distance
2017-8-19
Use props
Peterx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

On my latest update to Go App 3.1.6 the app logs off automatical and i logged in again and the distance restriction was gone. Now i got the update 3.1.10 over 3.1.17 and 3.1.18 with the P3SE added in the list of P3 series. The bird flies normal and the live feed is fast enough.

2017-8-20
Use props
Tom24nh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 174239 ft
United States

EdouardVid 6 Posted at 2017-8-18 00:28

log off from app, power up Phantom and try to connect with app, it will tell you that you need to login, do that and should be ok
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules