New Flyer - Should I update?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lsaxVM1
New
United Kingdom

My Phantom 3 Adv is arriving tomorrow, and i have been reading up on the recent issues with the new firmware.

My new drone is preowned so most likelly will not be stock firmware, but wont be the most recent.

Should i update to the newest?
If i do can i downgrade to a more stable build if I have problems?
I have also heard that the most recent version of the app has issues, is this true?

Thank you for taking your time to read this
2017-8-18
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I would not if I were you. Sure you can check to see what it has on it and if it is really back there, you could update to a newer version, but from what everyone is talking about, I wouldn't install the latest one for sure. Just my opinion.

If you were to install the very latest version, you cannot download to an earlier version. I will tell you I am on 1.09.6 and am going to stay there. The latest I believe is V.1.11.20. Look around on the forum and make your own decision. I also have had a 3PA for a couple years now. It flies great on what I am using. I honestly don't understand why they continue to release firmware for the 3PA, Standard, or the P3P since they are discontinued and the newer firmware and app only put more restrictions on your flying.
2017-8-18
Use props
Mikeabbo
New
United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-8-18 10:48
I would not if I were you. Sure you can check to see what it has on it and if it is really back there, you could update to a newer version, but from what everyone is talking about, I wouldn't install the latest one for sure. Just my opinion.

If you were to install the very latest version, you cannot download to an earlier version. I will tell you I am on 1.09.6 and am going to stay there. The latest I believe is V.1.11.20. Look around on the forum and make your own decision. I also have had a 3PA for a couple years now. It flies great on what I am using. I honestly don't understand why they continue to release firmware for the 3PA, Standard, or the P3P since they are discontinued and the newer firmware and app only put more restrictions on your flying.

Thank you , i will look into upgrading it (depending on what it has on it), up to 1.09.6 if it has your recommendation
2017-8-18
Use props
bebb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104708 ft

United States

Based on my experience I would not upgrade.
2017-8-18
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Is it a refurbished from DJI?
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I would recommend you to check the performance first before making a decision. There are several types of Phantom series, please do not mix them. For Phantom 3 Adv, we do not support to downgrade. Please let us know if there is any further questions.
2017-8-18
Use props
Mikeabbo
New
United Kingdom

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-8-18 13:30
Is it a refurbished from DJI?

Second hand off amazon, minor imperfections.
2017-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules