12Next >
3190 48 2017-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Just wondered who has had a crash? I had a small crash the other day with no damage what so ever! Feel quite lucky as I have no insurance! How bad are your smash ups?
2017-8-18
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

i crashed once. it did not notice the building behind me. ha ha ha.
2017-8-18
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

tjalex Posted at 2017-8-18 12:23
i crashed once. it did not notice the building behind me. ha ha ha.

That must be why you only crashed once then!
2017-8-18
Use props
4wesomeAdam
lvl.4
United States

Two official crashes and one belly flop at night.
2017-8-18
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a crashed, one prop blew apart on me at 200' up and landed on a dead cushiony bush.
2017-8-18
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

Just tonight, got it stuck in a tree. About 50 feet up. Letting a friend check out goggles. She was looking around via gimbal tracking , and I lost track. Another friend with a fishing bow and arrow looped over the branch and we shook it down and caught it. No damages.
2017-8-18
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Crashed a gazillion times on those cheaper SYMA x8 copters, with the Spark once (slightly though) indoors and the MP?...well....  not yet let's say.

2017-8-18
Use props
Toonce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067933 ft
United States

Four times in 160 flights. Two trips to DJI Refresh depot. First was a collision with a flag being towed behind a friends RC airplane. I was filming, he was supposed to pass in front of the Mavic but drifted over it with flag in tow. 80 foot drop onto concrete. Second was a tree In sport mode, it flew in, thrashed it’s way down the foliage, fell out the bottom and flipped itself maybe a foot above the ground, hovered and I continued the flight. Third one was a goggles crash, I forgot I was in sport mode and expected the Mavic to avoid things I flew too close to. It crashed into turf, it was only scuffed. One thought machine. The most recent was some sort of glitch, compass issue or something. Up about 350 feet hovering when it just flipped over and started falling. I tried to get control but it kept falling. I killed it when it was over a safe spot. It hit the ground so hard I winced in pain myself. Crazy thing is that the props and the motors were fine. The gimbal was destroyed however. When you fly, you will crash sooner or later. It’s  quaddie law.
2017-8-18
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Sportbike_Pilot Posted at 2017-8-18 16:50
Crashed a gazillion times on those cheaper SYMA x8 copters, with the Spark once (slightly though) indoors and the MP?...well....  not yet let's say.

Yah I have one of those symas. Lost it in the end. Terrible in the wind!
2017-8-19
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I crash my mavic about 2 months ago, i flew backwards into a maple tree at 66 feet high, the mavic sounded like a weed wacker grinding up leaves on its way to the ground. I was sick, after a twenty minute search i found mavic upside down but intact. After a thorough cleaning and 4 new props, it still fly great to this day....
2017-8-19
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

fans7744acd0 Posted at 2017-8-18 12:48
That must be why you only crashed once then!

I think.. everyone will crash once in life. some people more. depends how frequent we play. its like a car. i have just crashed my spark. before my phantom 3 advance.  Mavic my error. too excited to video the mountains but forgot the building behind. Phantom 3 adv.. not my fault. the auto parachute device triggered the parachute while the drone is hovering.  the spark. battery power shut off automaticlly.. not human error. hummmm. cannot trust machines too much. all the best to you.
2017-8-19
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Last Sunday into a tree. Was planning in sided ways and moment lapse in concentration and heard the collision warning..all be it too late. Very very luckily, one of the Mavics arms folded round a branch upon impact Andy it didn’t tumble to the ground. Only damage sustained was to a prop. It was however very very difficult rescuing it from 23ft up! Had to fight my way through scrubs, stinging nettles and rotten trees! 4th attempt and after lots of f'ing and sweating I got it down!
2017-8-19
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont even have a mavic pro yet.. and you can count me in....     
2017-8-19
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-19 09:39
i dont even have a mavic pro yet.. and you can count me in....

Not until you crash it!
2017-8-19
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

Nope, not yet.
2017-8-19
Use props
Gregbella
Second Officer
Australia

I flew mine backwards into a tree the battery fell out straight away no real damage but have included it
In our household insurance it's fully covered for loss and damage
2017-8-19
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

the day it arrives, just you wait...
2017-8-19
Use props
PROMOLOZO
lvl.1
United States

Tried to modify a mount with my brand new gear 360... bad mistake. Once the MP became unstable, it acted like a wild bull trying to shake off a rider. LITERALLY.  

It crashed to the street right on the gear 360 lens from about 10 feet. Scratched the heck out of it. MP was fine fortunately.
2017-8-19
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-19 15:14
the day it arrives, just you wait...

Sounds like you want join this club! In that case as soon as you get it kick it into sport mode and fly it into wall! Tell us what happened
2017-8-20
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

PROMOLOZO Posted at 2017-8-19 17:40
Tried to modify a mount with my brand new gear 360... bad mistake. Once the MP became unstable, it acted like a wild bull trying to shake off a rider. LITERALLY.  

It crashed to the street right on the gear 360 lens from about 10 feet. Scratched the heck out of it. MP was fine fortunately.

Modify what kind of mount? Only thing I will put on mine is a loc8tor
2017-8-20
Use props
Slic Ric
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4393 ft
United States

Unfortunately my only crash made my Mavic unflyable. Wrapped all four props in palm tree fronds and now it seems an arm has lost it's rigidity. I know these things are tough. It makes me feel like I got a defective unit. https://forum.dji.com/thread-108192-1-1.html
2017-8-20
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Slic Ric Posted at 2017-8-20 05:18
Unfortunately my only crash made my Mavic unflyable. Wrapped all four props in palm tree fronds and now it seems an arm has lost it's rigidity. I know these things are tough. It makes me feel like I got a defective unit. https://forum.dji.com/thread-108192-1-1.html

Nasty! That looks like an unhealthy drone!
2017-8-20
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans7744acd0 Posted at 2017-8-20 04:44
Sounds like you want join this club! In that case as soon as you get it kick it into sport mode and fly it into wall! Tell us what happened

hahaha..  just imagine my claim with state farm..

me: "so i need to make a claim on that drone we spoke of before"

statefarm:  "uhm...u ..u just got it right?"

me: "yep! that i did!"   

"statefarm: "and what happened...?"   

Me: "well, built a very sturdy brick wall and well... you can use your imagination what happened next"

statefarm:   "...... uh"
2017-8-20
Use props
fans7744acd0
lvl.3
United Kingdom

ImHereToCrash Posted at 2017-8-20 13:38
hahaha..  just imagine my claim with state farm..

me: "so i need to make a claim on that drone we spoke of before"

Lol u nutter!
2017-8-21
Use props
Drone-Mike
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Only had one minor crash. Thankfully, it's pretty easy to fly!
2017-8-21
Use props
Ready4Launch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51401 ft
United States

Inside.  Stupid.  Should have had the gimball cover on, but didn't.  Cut my finger as I tried to grab it from underneath before it careened into a corner of the hallway and then slid face down to the carpet.  Gimball errors all day long.  I succumbed and just sent it back using 1 of my 2 DJI Care Refreshes.

DOH!!!!
2017-8-21
Use props
Ready4Launch
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51401 ft
United States

fans7744acd0 Posted at 2017-8-19 01:54
Yah I have one of those symas. Lost it in the end. Terrible in the wind!

Same here.  Lost a Syma into the tree in the backyard.  Slightly funny story though.

I got the Syma stuck in the tree last fall.  I tried like hell to get it out via reversing the motors numerous directions.  All that did was get it stuck even more.  I resigned myself to the loss.  It was there for MONTHS!  The tree it was stuck in was visible from the street passing in front of our house looking down the driveway.  Without fail, everytime we'd take the dog for a walk, I'd look back to see if somehow the wind had blown it down.  I mean, it was up there.  I couldn't have reached it with the 10' step ladder and my push broom handle.  Anyway, my gf and I go to Jamaica for a long weekend getaway.  I know for sure if was there before we left.  We get back and take the dog for a walk on the Tuesday.

I stopped dead in my tracks.  My mouth is closed, but I'm walking down my neighbor's driveway, taking my hat off, and rubbing my forehead.  I'm looking at the tree, and thinking to myself, "Do I need my glasses?  What's wrong here?  Something looks weird?"  I mean, I expected to see it after having seen it for so long there.  I get my gf to walk down to the backyard, and sure as hell, yeah, it's no longer in the tree.  My gf continues on for the next 15 minutes thinking it is somewhere on the roof of our house after being blown out of the tree by wind with little concept of Newton's Laws of Gravity.  The tree to the house is like 45' and the difference in height from the roofline is like maybe 10'.

The following week, TIna, our neighbor, comes over to say that her son-in-law and her husband were flying his drone around in the backyard that weekend when they noticed mine stuck in the tree.  They proceeded to climb a 10' ladder and throw a basketball at it until it came down.  I put it straight into the garbage can when she gave it to me, because I had already discarded the controller.  Plus, there was no way that thing was going to have survived from late October to mid-June with the seasons we have in Pittsburgh, PA.

I thought for sure that thing wasn't coming down until I got the tree removed.  If only you could have seen my face as I was walking towards the backyard the first time I noticed it wasn't there.  It was like I was seeing space alien or something!  HA!!!
2017-8-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't yet, knock on wood Lol. Just yesterday my friend crashed his 1 month old Mavic completely tore off the camera no warranty or insurance. Mavic still flies but its not a good feeling seeing your bird go down.
2017-8-21
Use props
stuartRusso
New

Germany

I fly inside a building and it crash, also broken my camera protector
2017-8-21
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Ready4Launch Posted at 2017-8-21 20:01
Same here.  Lost a Syma into the tree in the backyard.  Slightly funny story though.

I got the Syma stuck in the tree last fall.  I tried like hell to get it out via reversing the motors numerous directions.  All that did was get it stuck even more.  I resigned myself to the loss.  It was there for MONTHS!  The tree it was stuck in was visible from the street passing in front of our house looking down the driveway.  Without fail, everytime we'd take the dog for a walk, I'd look back to see if somehow the wind had blown it down.  I mean, it was up there.  I couldn't have reached it with the 10' step ladder and my push broom handle.  Anyway, my gf and I go to Jamaica for a long weekend getaway.  I know for sure if was there before we left.  We get back and take the dog for a walk on the Tuesday.

Good story. Same here mine was stuck in a tree for a week aswell ! Needed drain pipe to get it out! Then later i lost it for good, looking back i hate those cheap drones after having a mavic. But nearly lost my mavic this morning flying 1000 meters away i got stuck in a head wind and it would not move, battery warning sound going mental! Only way i got it back was to flip it into sportmode, landed with 3% over a town! Ill never fly in the wind again. Lession learned.
2017-8-22
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2017-8-21 20:12
I haven't yet, knock on wood Lol. Just yesterday my friend crashed his 1 month old Mavic completely tore off the camera no warranty or insurance. Mavic still flies but its not a good feeling seeing your bird go down.

Eww thats sounds ugly! Bet that will cost alot to get fixed
2017-8-22
Use props
dcorbo
lvl.2

United States

If any of you guys want to play it safe next time around I can get you insurance on the Drones through State Farm. Only $50 per year. Personal Use only (no commercial use) I'm only Licensed in NJ and NY but can refer you guys to other agents who know how to write these polices. Feel free to PM me if you guys have questions.
2017-8-23
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

1 crash, flew into a tree. Drone bounced around in the limbs for prob 15 seconds even did a few barrel rolls and eventually spit itself back out and kept flying like nothing had ever happen. Just some scrapes on the vinyl decal. Was highly impressed how it was able to right itself after flipping upside down!
2017-8-23
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

dcorbo Posted at 2017-8-23 08:36
If any of you guys want to play it safe next time around I can get you insurance on the Drones through State Farm. Only $50 per year. Personal Use only (no commercial use) I'm only Licensed in NJ and NY but can refer you guys to other agents who know how to write these polices. Feel free to PM me if you guys have questions.

I'm in the UK, no good for me
2017-8-23
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Fractures Posted at 2017-8-23 08:52
1 crash, flew into a tree. Drone bounced around in the limbs for prob 15 seconds even did a few barrel rolls and eventually spit itself back out and kept flying like nothing had ever happen. Just some scrapes on the vinyl decal. Was highly impressed how it was able to right itself after flipping upside down!

Sounds like the mavic its self is a worrior, its just the camera I'm worried about! I hope on the next mavic they will give it more protection  
2017-8-23
Use props
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

i did crash my mavic.. and it was 100% my fault !!!!!!
2017-8-23
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Never did, but had some prop damages when  drift landing to a wall, due to "landing protection" issues....
2017-8-23
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I hit a tree limb ( thin as my finger) at dusk about 15 feet AGL - Mavic tumbled and recovered about 6 feet above the ground.  Replaced one prop.  The second was in active track and I misjudged distance to the tree and it chewed up leaves and branches recovered about 2 feet above the ground flashed emergency landing and landed.  Cleaned it up, checked to see if there was any physical damage.  Fresh battery and all was well.  I was amazed both times, after my initial OH S*** moment with $$$ bills passing before my eyes.  Glad I had dji care, but didn't need it.  All props OK - wow.
2017-8-23
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bucefalo Posted at 2017-8-23 15:24
i did crash my mavic.. and it was 100% my fault !!!!!!
Mavic Crash

That looks like the philippines to me. Ive been there but i wouldnt take a mavic there! Nice crash lol!
2017-8-24
Use props
alaska42
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3668114 ft
  • >>>
United States

2 crashes for me. One was a power line, the other an iceberg. Both broke the gimbal plate and one damaged the video cable. Repaired myself both times. I know the Mavic pretty well now.
2017-8-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules