ipad4 usb connector not working
943 8 2017-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

Hi,

I tried to connect my ipad to the back of the remote but didn't work.
After trying the tiny connector for an iphone, it worked.
Again after trying many other cable i did foud 2 that worked with the usb.

My conclusion : can it be possible that cheap cable only recharge ipad and others transfer data ?

Thanks for the answer !
2017-8-18
Use props
medicrx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 118455 ft
United States

Did you try unplugging the micro usb plug on the left side before plugging in a full size usb?  For some reason the full size won't work if the micro is plugged in, even if there is nothing connected to it.
2017-8-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You need to unplug the cable on the left side first when you attempt to use the USB port on the bottom. If it still not works, we recommend using the original lightning cable for connecting the RC to the mobile which provides the guarantee of the compatibility.
2017-8-18
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer
Australia

Let me know if and how you get it sorted out. I am going to start to use my iPad instead of my iPhone 6
2017-8-19
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

medicrx Posted at 2017-8-18 19:47
Did you try unplugging the micro usb plug on the left side before plugging in a full size usb?  For some reason the full size won't work if the micro is plugged in, even if there is nothing connected to it.

Yes, of course the side connecter is unpluged.
2017-8-19
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Matronix Posted at 2017-8-19 05:29
Yes, of course the side connecter is unpluged.

Juist to be clear, they mean the original cable must be entirely disconnected from the remote -- only one cable at a time may be recognized by the RC, and the side-port is favored if both are in use.
2017-8-19
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

The original cable you got with the iPad will work, there are cheap cables that are not fully compatible with iPad and will give problems. On Android the same, there are charging only cable and cables that are also for data...
2017-8-19
Use props
Matronix
lvl.1
Canada

Mari Posted at 2017-8-19 08:41
The original cable you got with the iPad will work, there are cheap cables that are not fully compatible with iPad and will give problems. On Android the same, there are charging only cable and cables that are also for data...

Hi,

Thanks, i wasn't too far with my theory. Thanks for your advice !
2017-8-22
Use props
Scatterplot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9659 ft
United States

Yes, cheaper lightning cables will only charge and not transfer data. That’s one of the ways they’re made cheaper. Look for Made for iPhone branded lightning cables to be sure. Those will also have at least a one year warranty.
Source: Former Genius at Apple Store The Oaks.
2017-8-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules